Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

After Market Leather = No Side Airbags?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002 | 10:16 PM
Jacoughski

Default After Market Leather = No Side Airbags?

I was checking on Courtesy, and the website states that they have leather covers for cars without side airbags. So here's the problem...I have side airbags. Is there anyway of having after market leather installed in my Z and still have the functionality of the side airbags or am I screwed? BTW, I'm thinking of ordering from Katzkin. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2002 | 03:56 AM
jritoli

Default Aftermarket Leather

I have aftermarket leather and they do not interfere with the side airbags. My dealer (Superior Nissan in La Puente, California) had them installed and they are set for the side bags. The opening for the air bags is just leather covered versus the cloth that was there prior to the install of the leather.
Old 11-24-2002 | 03:06 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict
Premier Member

Default Re: After Market Leather = No Side Airbags?

Originally posted by Jacoughski
I was checking on Courtesy, and the website states that they have leather covers for cars without side airbags. So here's the problem...I have side airbags. Is there anyway of having after market leather installed in my Z and still have the functionality of the side airbags or am I screwed? BTW, I'm thinking of ordering from Katzkin. Thanks.
You can have leather and SAB's. That's what's on my Touring. The SAB covers are a fabric/vinyl material. When they change to leather they should leave the existing SAB fabric covers intact. Ask your dealer who does their conversions then talk direct with them. You could also contact Classic Soft Trim (national contractor for NNA) http://www.classicsofttrim.com/index.html