Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some have asked......lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:24 AM
phile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Qbrozen
Actually, you did. And I quote, "And you are going to pay all this money simply because you don't want a lawyer to get rich. How juvenile, how naive. They already are rich." I'm not sure how else to read that series of statements. Lawyers are already rich, so don't be so juvenile/naive by not giving them your business. Am I reading it wrong?

Belittle you? Now I know you are definitely taking this too personal, so I don't believe we should continue this discussion. But... ok ... one last point.
1) I just think that if it were to benefit others, that you shoudl not be so opposed to it, just because you don't want the lawyers to make money (of all things).
2) I like to debate, but pointed out that I did not want to be belittled. It seemed you were being overly sarcastic, and assuming I did not understand the notion of choice. No big deal. Seriously!

You answered your own question. I certainly can't do anything about something I know nothing about. I would not knowlingly want to do anything that was at odds with my morals/beliefs.
I thought about that when I made the argument. But my point was if you have unknowningly done something that has the same end result, what's the difference (other than choice)? Either way the bad guy wins! Just because you didn't know about it, doesn't actually mean anything!

This is precisely where we differ in opinion. You are of the opinion that Z owners would get complete satisfaction from a lawsuit. I believe it is more likely that the lawyers would get all the benefit and the owners would get a coupon for an oil change.
I actually do not know if Z owners will get complete satisfaction. If they do, then I would be happy. If they don't, I would use the information for future oopinions on the subject. I'd rather wait and see, rather than take a defeatist attitude. I'm sure if they win, they will get more than a free oil change.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:25 AM
Qbrozen

I like to debate, but pointed out that I did not want to be belittled. It seemed you were being overly sarcastic, and assuming I did not understand the notion of choice. No big deal. Seriously!

No, I certainly didn't mean to sound like I was belittling you. Glad to hear we're cool.

But my point was if you have unknowningly done something that has the same end result, what's the difference (other than choice)? Either way the bad guy wins! Just because you didn't know about it, doesn't actually mean anything!

Oh, but it means everything (to me, at least). What's the term? Plausible deniability? What you don't know won't hurt you. At least I can sleep at night when I don't know I did anything I feel is wrong.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:17 PM
phile

Oh, but it means everything (to me, at least). What's the term? Plausible deniability? What you don't know won't hurt you. At least I can sleep at night when I don't know I did anything I feel is wrong.
I guess I can't argue with that. :P

But let me ask you one question. First, Lets pretend that the outcome of the lawsuit is not only justifiable, but it greatly benefits the 350z owners. If you had the luxury of seeing into the future, would you feel so bad supporting the suit eventhough the lawyers still made a good chunk of change?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:41 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by phile
I guess I can't argue with that. :P

But let me ask you one question. First, Lets pretend that the outcome of the lawsuit is not only justifiable, but it greatly benefits the 350z owners. If you had the luxury of seeing into the future, would you feel so bad supporting the suit eventhough the lawyers still made a good chunk of change?

i assume you mean fixing the problems to begin with, tire wear wise the entire suspension would haveto be re-engineered, thats why it hasnt been fixed already
Old 05-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Qbrozen

IF by benefiting, you mean having the problem fixed AND it does not adversely affect Nissan or adversely affect current or future Zs, then, yes, I would say the lawyers earned their fees in such an instance. But the pessimist in me insists that would never happen. the world just ain't that perfect.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:21 AM
phile

IF by benefiting, you mean having the problem fixed AND it does not adversely affect Nissan or adversely affect current or future Zs, then, yes, I would say the lawyers earned their fees in such an instance. But the pessimist in me insists that would never happen. the world just ain't that perfect.
Probably not. Mostly considering it would have to adversely affect Nissan by virtue of the nature of the case. They made an engineering mistake, that they have already partly paid for. I guess you could also view any TSB as something that adversely affects Nissan, considering it hampers their profit margin.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:29 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

please, the organzers of this law suit could care less about benefitting the community, they just want to benefit some wallets
Old 05-06-2005, 09:32 AM
phile

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
please, the organzers of this law suit could care less about benefitting the community, they just want to benefit some wallets
You're probably right. But would it make you feel better if they did care? Does that even matter? If they, by any slim chance, helped out the Z owners who have been left in the dark, their personal feelings on the issue are totally irrelevant.

I have helped people out for my own selfish interests before. They got what they wanted and so did I. My level of emotional involvement wasn't any concern.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:41 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

all the consumer gets is an easy buck, anyone whos lowered their car shouldnt be in the dark as to what the suspension problems are...
(i know theres other problems but that seems to be the major one)
Old 05-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Qbrozen

Probably not. Mostly considering it would have to adversely affect Nissan by virtue of the nature of the case. They made an engineering mistake, that they have already partly paid for. I guess you could also view any TSB as something that adversely affects Nissan, considering it hampers their profit margin.
Well, yes, that's true. I probably should have been more specific. By adversely affecting Nissan, I meant to the point that it really did hurt them. I was specifically thinking of something as harsh as a buy back of all affected vehicles or such a massive redesign as to cost them more money than they made on the vehicles (resulting in a net loss on all 350Zs). I don't know, I'm sure they wouldn't go bankrupt or anything, so I guess I don't really know what I'm trying to say. its friday and all i'm thinking of is the fun drive home.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:28 AM
phile

Well, yes, that's true. I probably should have been more specific. By adversely affecting Nissan, I meant to the point that it really did hurt them. I was specifically thinking of something as harsh as a buy back of all affected vehicles or such a massive redesign as to cost them more money than they made on the vehicles (resulting in a net loss on all 350Zs). I don't know, I'm sure they wouldn't go bankrupt or anything, so I guess I don't really know what I'm trying to say. its friday and all i'm thinking of is the fun drive home.
A buy back would be pretty costly. I wouldn't want anything like that to happen either. As far as a redesign, I would hope that the newer model years had a fix in place. Enjoy the drive home
Old 08-15-2005, 06:26 PM
dh21187

Default Buyback

I agree that class action lawsuits generally only benefit the originator of the suit and the lawyers. This is why I am suing Nissan directly. I offered them many ways to fix the problems without suing them and I was called a liar by Miranda Carter from Nissan and by Ed from Fisher Nissan's service staff when I detailed all of my problems with the car.

I even videotaped the problems and they wouldn't even look at the video when I brought it in. Just denial, denial, denial.

It got to one point when Tom Demartini from Fisher Nissan refused to even fix the car even though it was under warranty. I even bought the warranty gold package from his dealship on top of the factory warranty when I bought the car and he still refused. He told me to call my lawyer if I wanted the car fixed since I was suing Nissan. This is in direct violation of the federal warranty act. Nice customer service Tom.

I've even offered to take another car in place of mine, an Infinity M35x, and give them a check for the price difference and they balked.

How much do you expect a person to take from these people before someone does something about it and sues them like I am?

Last edited by dh21187; 08-15-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:41 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you brought a 3 month old thread back from the dead to bash Nissian and tell us you are sueing them. Nice work.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Scott DeSart

I am the Service Manager of a larger Ford and Nissan Dealership and let me tell you there is a night and day difference between the two car company's. Nissan is by far the most difficult car company to work with regarding warranty repairs, claims submissions, and warranty reimbursment. I love my Z, but really hate dealing with the company. I know for a fact that after the first alignment, that's it folks, they are not buying any more. Your dealer, who wants to take care of you as their customer is simply taking care of you. If a warranty claim is over 400.00 it get's kicked and then the battle is on to get paid, which means every time we do a tire and alignment recall it takes up to 6 months to get paid from Nissan. Again, I really do love my Z car and after I got the alignment and tires replaced it seems to have fixed the feathering, but believe me, the dealership is taking care of you a lot more than you know, I just thought you'd like to see the other side of the story.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:52 AM
dh21187

Default Nice spellin

Originally Posted by King Tut
So you brought a 3 month old thread back from the dead to bash Nissian and tell us you are sueing them. Nice work.
Actually suing. That better for 3 months?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:56 AM
phile

Originally Posted by Scott DeSart
I am the Service Manager of a larger Ford and Nissan Dealership and let me tell you there is a night and day difference between the two car company's. Nissan is by far the most difficult car company to work with regarding warranty repairs, claims submissions, and warranty reimbursment. I love my Z, but really hate dealing with the company. I know for a fact that after the first alignment, that's it folks, they are not buying any more. Your dealer, who wants to take care of you as their customer is simply taking care of you. If a warranty claim is over 400.00 it get's kicked and then the battle is on to get paid, which means every time we do a tire and alignment recall it takes up to 6 months to get paid from Nissan. Again, I really do love my Z car and after I got the alignment and tires replaced it seems to have fixed the feathering, but believe me, the dealership is taking care of you a lot more than you know, I just thought you'd like to see the other side of the story.
But because of NNA's policies and money withholding, the dealers get mad at the consumers when the consumer has a problem. They should be mad at NNA.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
dh21187

Default Nna

This current Z is my 3rd one and after my experience with Nissan's policies it will be my last Nissan ever. I spend a lot of money on cars, currently have 4 and 1 motorcycle, and Nissan will never see another sale to me.
I actually keep a record of all of my problems with documentation on my USB keychain drive and I give people copies of it every chance I get to show just what Nissan does to it's consumers.
I'm also in the process of ordering giant magnetic lemons to stick all over my car so when I drive by people know not to buy Nissans.
I hope Nissan gets sued out of business over these cars.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:29 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by dh21187
This current Z is my 3rd one and after my experience with Nissan's policies it will be my last Nissan ever. I spend a lot of money on cars, currently have 4 and 1 motorcycle, and Nissan will never see another sale to me.
I actually keep a record of all of my problems with documentation on my USB keychain drive and I give people copies of it every chance I get to show just what Nissan does to it's consumers.
I'm also in the process of ordering giant magnetic lemons to stick all over my car so when I drive by people know not to buy Nissans.
I hope Nissan gets sued out of business over these cars.
ive noticed 90% of the people with opinions like this have barely any posts, why are you here if you dont like the car?
Old 08-17-2005, 01:48 PM
bixby

Originally Posted by PerfZ
The problem, at least for me, is that Nissan refuses to honor the TSB, even for an alignment, the 2'nd time around. Although the TSB specifically says that the warranty for front end alignment is extended to 2 years/24,000 miles, they refused to do anything for me at 20,900 miles. They DID replace and align at around 12,000 miles, right after the TSB came out, no questions asked. And the bigger problem is the lack of consistency from dealer to dealer on how they take care of you. Some owners get 2 or 3 replacements and some get none? WTF?
Didn't you get your NEW letter from Nissan? Or have you seen the threads posted here? The tire feathering coverage has been extened until October 2005 or 36 months which ever is later.

If you got that then take it with you to the dealership. If you still have iussues go to a different dealership.

Nissan has taken care of ALL mechanical issues with this car and have now even extended the feathering coverage to the 04 models.

This is my 3rd Z and 7th Nissan. Don't let your headaches with the local dealerships not knowing their a$$ from a hole in the ground sour you against NNA or the Nissan product.

As for the class action.......... Stupid idea.

Last edited by bixby; 08-17-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Fletch69z

Originally Posted by hfm
I've had my engine and transmission replaced under warranty. Nissan service has been nothing short of exceptional for me. And, there is a TSB and fix offered for those with tire wear problems. I think this kind of class action suit will create potential liability for Nissan that is unnecessary and will only serve to increase their costs of operations. Those costs will be passed onto the consumer.

Nissan has been having some record breaking sales over the past few years and are doing well. But, unnecessary litigation can only hurt consumers. So, I'd say don't get involved with something like this unless you have a legitimate problem that isn't being addressed by Nissan.
+1. I was thinking about getting on there and then listing on the complaints page that "I've never had one problem with my 03 350Z and it has 26K miles on it on original tires."