Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lets be nice to new forum members

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:41 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nitrouz
I'm just wondering...there's an extra bolt to my front rotors...and I can't get my volks on! What should I do??
I can't take too many more of these. When people ask that question I envision them strugling with the stock jack and lug nut wrench in their driveway to get this new front wheel on. I picture them not even having a 12mm socket to take the bolt off. Then I think to myself if they have to ask this they might want to leave putting the wheels on to the professionals. I try to hold back when I see these posts, but when that guy said he ground out the back of his $4000+ set of HRE wheels to try and get them to fit I couldn't take it anymore. I think we all try to be tolerant to the n00bs, and I will never tell a n00b to use the search button without giving them the answer first, but sometimes we just can't take it anymore and we have to explode on some n00b. Try and forgive us.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:49 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
People have already written several "Let's be nice to new forum members" posts. Next time try searching before you post!
Maybe so, and from the count of how many you have posted, I bet one or two of those posts were asking someone something that had already been posted..maybe asking a dealer a question, per se, about fitment of a wheel or tires, or maybe asking about a certain peice of equipment that has just come out, or better yet about the alignment/feathering issue that is on every 350z forum on the internet. If not then I guess all of the ones that are the veterans of the 350z community that are tired of the noobs should petition Nissan into not selling this model any longer so you dont have to answer any noobie questions. I dont mean to be overly drastic but come on guys, if you are that burnt with answering a question..just skip it..Why not flame those who get off subject and carry on conversations that have nothing to do with the thread. Only my opinion.
Im not mad by any means but a wise man once told me "the only stupid question is one not asked."

Please dont get me wrong. I appreciate all of you that are out there and I try to read all of the forums. I can say that I have learned more about this car than I have with all of my others, in just one week. I owe all of that to you guys. I sit here and laugh my **** off with alot of the comments and suggestions that you put out there. This is the best site for any information that pertains to the Z.
Thanks for allowing me to say my peice.
Peace
Old 05-02-2005, 07:52 AM
BazingerZ

The way I see it, if it wasn't for those noob questions and 'hey i just got my Z' threads, there would hardly be any type of activity on this forum anyways.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

We should have a "librarian" for this site...a hot one...in a mini-skirt...with sohpisticated glasses...and a white half see-thru shirt...unbuttoned to see the pink laced bra...*drool.............................*
+1!! LOL
Old 05-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bazinger, I agree completely. It's the hashing out of the same topics that keeps this forum looking active.

It just annoys me when people can't use the search...hell, look down the list on the forum section...i'll bet that the question has been asked not 4 hours before you asked the same question.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:09 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

The most popular searchable n00b threads of late seem to be:

"I'm 16 and my parents bought me a Z"

"Help, should I get MT or AT?"
Old 05-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem is, a lot of times and even on this site, there are stickied threads with relevant information to half the threads new users start. You don't even HAVE to search half the time.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:22 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
Maybe so, and from the count of how many you have posted, I bet one or two of those posts were asking someone something that had already been posted..maybe asking a dealer a question, per se, about fitment of a wheel or tires, or maybe asking about a certain peice of equipment that has just come out, or better yet about the alignment/feathering issue that is on every 350z forum on the internet. If not then I guess all of the ones that are the veterans of the 350z community that are tired of the noobs should petition Nissan into not selling this model any longer so you dont have to answer any noobie questions. I dont mean to be overly drastic but come on guys, if you are that burnt with answering a question..just skip it..Why not flame those who get off subject and carry on conversations that have nothing to do with the thread. Only my opinion.
Im not mad by any means but a wise man once told me "the only stupid question is one not asked."

Please dont get me wrong. I appreciate all of you that are out there and I try to read all of the forums. I can say that I have learned more about this car than I have with all of my others, in just one week. I owe all of that to you guys. I sit here and laugh my **** off with alot of the comments and suggestions that you put out there. This is the best site for any information that pertains to the Z.
Thanks for allowing me to say my peice.
Peace
It's just a joke. I'm complaining about your complaining about people complaining about newbies. (I like N levels of indirection humor.) I just didn't put a smiley because then you'd go in knowing I was joking, and then it wouldn't work.

Personally, my position has always been that anyone should be allowed to ask any question because that is the value of an interactive forum (it's short term communication rather than long-term reference), but I'm in the minority on that one.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:40 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
Personally, my position has always been that anyone should be allowed to ask any question because that is the value of an interactive forum (it's short term communication rather than long-term reference), but I'm in the minority on that one.
+1

I'm with you on that one, T.

It can even become entertaining when the Search ***** come out in force...
Old 05-02-2005, 06:26 PM
rolling

GREAT! now you just created yet ANTOTHER thread that will show up in future searches
about nothing hehe///

SO NCPARAMEDIC.. thats cool how you have I-net access in IRAQ! im suprised) you must be in a cool unit that lets you do this! you guys using Toughbooks? (like i am)..

I also 150% agree with you, luckiily i havent ben jumped on yet for askin a newbe question... forum like these have saves SOOOOOOO much money on repairs and problems they need to have one for Every car out there them maby makers./ dealers would have a more reasonable rate! heh

hell i wouldnt be suprised if many of those mechanic types got there informatin from places like these..

anyway rawk on, and dont forget to DUCK!!!
Air Assult!!
Old 05-02-2005, 06:42 PM
rickyj59

An excellent post and an excellent thread! You are right on the money, noobie should be a sign to be kind to the first timer who doesn't know all of the ins and outs of the forum. So what if the question has been asked before, the first timer has no idea its been asked or any knowledge of a search engine. Only time and experience on the forum teaches that. I being the voice of reason on this forum offer my humble thanks for your service in Iraq and a guarantee that you can PM me anytime and you will not get a smart *** answer but instead a sincere effort to answer your question.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Destiny350Z

I think its a 20 incher...

either way, I'd still hit it. The chick I mean...
I would hit the rim!!!!!!!... I'm not into chicks
Old 05-02-2005, 07:50 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z

I would hit the rim!!!!!!!... I'm not into chicks
Old 05-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Destiny350Z

I am a chick, why would I wanna do some other chick... I have what she has!! But the rim on the other hand... we don't have the same thing!!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:59 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
I am a chick, why would I wanna do some other chick... I have what she has!! But the rim on the other hand... we don't have the same thing!!
I know..i read your profile and LMAO when I read your sig..its all good..
Old 05-02-2005, 08:41 PM
dan-14

I know..i read your profile and LMAO when I read your sig..its all good..
don't you love her sig, a girl that says her car makes her horny

sorry back on topic...
Old 05-02-2005, 08:58 PM
pyindeem

I am a noob here too, I have seen & read about "Forum Posting Education" ( you know... that funny link for the noob to read) .. I ll do most of my search 1st, then 2nd PM'd people for questions. As far as people being nice on internet forums..sigh.. it's a joke. cuz There're always to many smart azz out there. Evn some moderators whose aged over 21 can act like an 16 yrs old sometimes; just gotta ignore them people
Old 05-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

N00bz!!
Attached Thumbnails Lets be nice to new forum members-neewbe.jpg   Lets be nice to new forum members-newbie5.jpg  
Old 05-02-2005, 10:20 PM
dan-14

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
N00bz!!
haha, i gotta show that cat one to my gf, she'll think it's hilarious.