Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Weak Clear Coat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Z Shadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weak Clear Coat?

From all of the complaints I've heard and seen on my own Z, it seems as if some people have blamed the clear coat and not the paint for the problem

Would it make sense to have your brand new Z wet sanded and reshot with a couple of layers of clear coat?

Would that make it more resistant to chipping or orange peel?

I know it would be easier and cheaper for a clear bra and having your car relceared would not be practical, but what if you new somebody that could help you out for a nominal cost

I'm not sure if there are different brands or strengths of clear, but on other cars I've had or seen, they don't seem to garner the damage ie chips, nicks as the Z.

My car has 28k and it looks worse than my 92 Acura that has 97k. I know the front end of my legend is not as flat surfaced and is smaller in area than my Z, but that is pretty bad. They both have hoods that slope forward so what gives, I don't have any real knowledge of the painting process, just curious though

Newer cars have much better technology built into them then older cars, so why can't the paint process keep up?