Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Racing school... cut short by an "SES" light...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005 | 06:52 AM
Lerxst

Default Racing school... cut short by an "SES" light...

I went to racing school this weekend and had so much fun! While our car might not be the fastest in a straight, or the best in the corners, the whole package makes it VERY good. I was running the stock Potenzas and blew away the entire field which included R-tuned civics, mustangs, camaros, a boxster and a C4 vette. The only cars faster than me were the instructors when they took their 03' C4S and '05 Viper for a spin, but I can live with that

The best battle was with a boxster, but racing school taught me how to deal with him by holding back, gaining momentum on him through the corner, drafting, then walking on him HUGE down the straight.

Of course there were a lot of novice drivers like me and I may have picked up things a little faster, but it felt great how solid our car is on it's own, and compared to other street cars.

And the torque of our car!!! Holy crap... it allowed me to use fewer gears and focus on the line and "feel" of the car.

Sadly, my "Service Engine Soon" light lit up on the way to the track this morning and I didn't think it'd be a good idea to track it in that condition....

Bring on Solo 1!!!!
Old 05-08-2005 | 08:22 AM
craniumdesigns

nice. i wanna do that too when i get my Z. can some folks break down the different types and costs? thanks.