Old 06-22-2002, 11:33 AM
Danimsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no bad mouthing comin from this sida town
well maybe a lil j/k
Old 06-22-2002, 06:03 PM
rep15

Thanks Jeff, we don't want this to become vanilla but a mature discussion and opinion exchange is why I ended up here. You have my support (as if you need it!) to maintain this site with the principles you established when it was begun.
Old 06-22-2002, 06:39 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Don Jay...anyone else gets out a line..I say we make em an offer they can't refuse..just my two lire
Old 06-22-2002, 08:22 PM
nizl

Default All in good fun....

Since Jay's talking about my sig, let me explain a little.

We had a very long discussion about the meaning of "pimp". Seems some were confused about its vernacular meaning. Some couldn't understand it meant "cool" or "sweet", sticking to the dictionary definition of "a man who solicits clients for a prostitute".

So, when I changed my sig to say another member was "definitely, absolutely, NOT a pimp", I was just trying to point out that he didn't manage prostitutes, that's all.

Anyways, it's all in good fun. I don't think two Z fans could actually be mad at one another over something like this. JmanZ's doing a great job managing the site, keep it up Jay!
Old 06-22-2002, 08:52 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My apologies to Nizl and all forum members if my posts during the above mentioned thread were out of place.

My efforts to address what I thought could turn into a confrontational thread backfired.

I pretty much ruined the topic of nizl's post. Sorry 'bout that, because it was a good topic for discussion.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:31 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Default Re: Code of Conduct 101

Originally posted by JmanZ
If someone posts something you disagree with, respond in an intelligent manor or not at all.

*#@&$)(*&#($*&#($*&@#($*&()^%!@&*$(, Jay, any moron knows how to spell MAHNER !

Just kidding, just wanted to throw some humor in there. This is an awesome site Jay and I want to say how much I appreciate you keeping the humanity in check.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:24 AM
Boomer

Default Code

I agree completely with the wish to keep it "clean". I've enjoyed using some of the experience and trivia I have gained over too many years to share in this forum. I hope to continue to enjoy it and contribute what I can to its knowledge base. I have learned several things already that make me feel more comfortable with my car choice(I coulda had an M3!). I think the Z will be more fun in the long run and suit us(SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED and me) better than any other choice. The label I have put on her is stolen from a BBC TV program and is in no way denigrating, she's the reason I 'm getting the Z and it is in fun.

Boomer-BR/FR
Old 06-23-2002, 10:44 PM
Boomer

Default Code

I agree with your code completely. There's enough crap going around these days. Good job on the site. The first one I have ever followed or subcribed to.

Boom ER--BR/FR
Old 06-24-2002, 01:03 AM
tbcz

Just like to add a few things to think about...

I think it's important when posting to think about whether your post is directed at someone else's opinion or point, or directed at the person themself. I know it's not a clearcut line where one ends and the other begins, but I think that at least thinking about it will generally lead you towards making your point in a manner that won't be considered derogatory.

Also, if you feel the need to vent at someone in particular, why not PM them? I'm not saying that you can say anything you want there, or advocating flaming PMs to anyone you disagree with. But as nizl pointed out, it would be unusual for any two members in here to stay mad at each other for long, and these things usually blow over pretty quick. Why not have it blow over through a few PMs, as opposed to the forum, where it's much more likely to garner attention from the mods and/or **** off other members.

One more thing about PMs...I think unless you really don't want to deal with them, why not leave them turned on? I totally understand protecting your privacy by hiding your email, but you can always turn your PM back off if you receive any messages you don't need or care to hear. The only reason I bring this up is because on the few occasions I've had to edit a post, I always look to see if I can contact the member first. I'd much rather talk about any potential problems first, and then let the poster make any changes they agree are advised. Or, perhaps they can elaborate to me why they said what they said and convince me that there's no need for action.

P.S. Jay you continue to do an outstanding job in keeping this site the best one around through leading by example. Keep up the good work!

P.P.S. I apologize for the long-winded post...I am seeking help in this area. Unfortunately, the first person I solicited advise from was Scafremon...turns out I was asking the wrong guy!

Last edited by tbcz; 06-24-2002 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:49 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Good stuff...
Old 06-26-2002, 07:37 AM
BrianZ

IMHO

I think some of the colloquialisms in use today are profoundly offensive. One only has to spend time at a mall or high school here in Los Angeles to hear the vile language, profane references, and horendously insensitive usage of words that belong in the gutter. Much of this seems to be parroted from some of the common "musical" "artists" around.

I think it is disgusting that we as a people have allowed a criminal society to permeate our common culture.

Remember the computer phrase: Garbage In, Garbage Out
Old 06-26-2002, 08:23 AM
BILZ Z

I couldn't agree more, BrianZ. Bravo, you hit the nail on the head.