Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

HEY SCHINDEM! YEAH I'm CALLING YOU OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Slareau02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man vic, that is ****ed up. You need to find some way to enact some sort of vengance on that *******. I mean seriously. There are like 6 differetn DB tracks on his bid. I wonder if he even has the ****ing car.
Old 11-28-2002, 07:18 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I sent him this e-mail:

He has this on his auction:

"Unqualified Bidding, Deadbeat Bidders, Auction Interference, Shill Bidding, or any form of harassment may be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law"

I added this: "So are theft and copyright infringement"
Old 11-28-2002, 07:27 PM
SandMan

This is the same guy bitchin about his Brembos sucking. Man that's pretty lame though, stealing your pictures like that.
Old 11-28-2002, 07:40 PM
Radian

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
I sent him this e-mail:

He has this on his auction:

"Unqualified Bidding, Deadbeat Bidders, Auction Interference, Shill Bidding, or any form of harassment may be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law"

I added this: "So are theft and copyright infringement"
I recommend a little caution in tossing around the terms "copyright infringement" here. Unless VQRacer actually filed the documents and paid the fees to copyright the pictures, he doesn't have a leg to stand on here.

While I whole heartedly agree that it is not right for this guy to use these pictures, and even more so that if he is going to use them, then at least give the credit where credit is due. However, I doubt they are "copyrighted."
Old 11-28-2002, 07:44 PM
Slareau02

Isn't the guy performing false advertising? The understood intent of the auction is that the car in the pictures is the car for sale. He never says, the car for sale looks like these other cars, or anything to that effect. I doubt he is selling Victor's Z on ebay.
Old 11-28-2002, 07:52 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

What a joke! The coffee mug is valued at $500.00!! And what about the "vicious" limited slip differential? I hope nobody bids any higher on this.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:05 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the fact that the site itself is copyrighted have any bearing here?
Old 11-28-2002, 08:26 PM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Wonder why nobody steals my pictures?????
Attached Thumbnails HEY SCHINDEM! YEAH I'm CALLING YOU OUT!-mvc-022f.jpg  
Old 11-28-2002, 08:36 PM
kyle jones

Lightbulb

I recommend a little caution in tossing around the terms "copyright infringement" here. Unless VQRacer actually filed the documents and paid the fees to copyright the pictures, he doesn't have a leg to stand on here.
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't believe that to be true.

In fact, the U.S. Copyright Office states the following:

When is my work protected?

Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form so that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

Further, they also say:

Why should I register my work if copyright protection is automatic?

Registration is recommended for a number of reasons. Many choose to register their works because they wish to have the facts of their copyright on the public record and have a certificate of registration. Registered works may be eligible for statutory damages and attorney's fees in successful litigation. Finally, if registration occurs within five years of publication, it is considered prima facie evidence in a court of law. See Circular 1, section Copyright Registration and Circular 38b on non-U.S. works.

In other words, you don't have to copyright your original work for it to be copyright protected, you only need be to be able to show that you created the work, and did so before any other party. The copyright document simply verifies this - it doesn't in itself create a copyright protected work.

So........if the gentleman referred to in this post really did use someone else's pictures, and did so without permission, then it is a case of copyright infringement and the owner of the pictures as the right to take legal action if he/she desires.

Hope this helps.

Kyle
Old 11-28-2002, 08:49 PM

's Avatar

I was thinking what he said.
 is offline  
Old 11-28-2002, 10:40 PM
kih80

man, that was lame.

but the pics are nice.
Old 11-28-2002, 11:08 PM
Selski12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a ...
Attached Thumbnails HEY SCHINDEM! YEAH I'm CALLING YOU OUT!-l.jpg  
Old 11-28-2002, 11:25 PM
ksj

Each of you should send an email to Ebay complaining about the use of your material in this auction. They'll drop his auction since once you've notified them of the violation, they have liability if they do not remove them. They're aware of their legal obligation to take care of these issues.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:36 AM
alex100

Default COFFEE MUG

I bought that coffee mug on ebay. only mine is chrome silver. I paid 10 bucks for it..... whoever this ebay seller is.. he used the person who sold me the coffee mug's picture too..

The guy who sold me the coffee mug didnt even know that the silver color that i wanted the Z to be in was called "Chrome Silver"

by the way.. if anyone is interested in a Z coffee mug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1871295343

there is a link to the auction that i won with the coffee mug... hehe notice that he called it "diamond silver" he now calls them Chrome silver...

If you are interested in a coffee mug I wil gladly post his E-mail once he says it's "ok."
Old 11-29-2002, 03:31 AM
g35or350z

Internet piracy obviously is a huge problem and has affected you guys personally. However, if you downloaded any music from napster, kazaa, etc, you too are guilty of the same thing.

I agree this guys a fool for trying to sell a used Z for more than MSRP, for false advertising (coffee mug), and for stealing your pictures, but with all due respect let the small fish go and lets talk Z.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:50 AM
grogsnorf

Victor just wants him to admit he is a jerk..........that is all.....not our problem.
Old 11-29-2002, 05:33 AM
SalTNutz

I am confused. If that is not his Z, what about the pics of the aftermarket stereo? Won't the people be expecting that stereo? Also, why would you advertise a pic of the "New" car you are trying to sell, while doing doughnuts in a parking lot? I sure wouldn't buy a "New" car that has had the tires smoked doing doughnuts in a parking lot. You can clearly see the tire marks left on the ground.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:48 AM
fatZo

Originally posted by Radian

While I whole heartedly agree that it is not right for this guy to use these pictures, and even more so that if he is going to use them, then at least give the credit where credit is due. However, I doubt they are "copyrighted."
Although I'm not a US IP attorney, I can attest that you are wrong.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:48 AM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

ALL pictures are owend by the person who took the picture or has bought the rights.. That is it... no filing is needed nor any registration.... other works just requre a copyright symbol to make them officioally protected... but it does not really matter when as long as the individual can prove that it was theirs first. and the protection runs out 50 years AFTER the death of the owner... unless a company owns it and then that goes beyond my understanding. Also eve if you buy a picture like if you got your portrate take the photographer still owns the immage and you just simmply own the reproduction of the image.

Quick Reply: HEY SCHINDEM! YEAH I'm CALLING YOU OUT!