Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Replacing 350z Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 11:15 PM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Replacing 350z Headlights

I was wondering if any of you have changed your BASE Non-Xenon headlights for Xenon headlights. I am not talking about HID conversion, but rather replacing the whole headlight and the wire harness.

My 2004 Base model was damaged and I bought two new Xenon headlights, but noticed the headlight plug is different on the Base model (Non-Xenon). Can I take a headlight plug from a Xenon equipped 350z and cut/splice to my Non-Xenon plug? Or am I just better off with non-Xenon headlights and avoid the problem? Thanks
Old 05-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Badfish25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no you can do that. But ask Jun on the boards for a harness. He sells OEM plug n play HID conversions, with the kit is a harness you plug into the non-xenon part on your car and the other end you plug into the ballast. Maybe he can get you just the harness.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:33 AM
ecorona6

Originally Posted by Badfish25
no you can do that. But ask Jun on the boards for a harness. He sells OEM plug n play HID conversions, with the kit is a harness you plug into the non-xenon part on your car and the other end you plug into the ballast. Maybe he can get you just the harness.
Thanks fish, but do you know why I cant? Will my fuses burn out due to a high output?
Old 05-30-2005, 01:13 AM
KManZ
Banned

I had the same questions... and after I got the kit from Jun, I realized I was looking too deep into a simple matter. Just get the kit from Jun. The price is sweet, the conversion is easy. No need to research about bulb intensity or cutting wires/ splicing anything. The kit plugs right in. The hardest part is removing your bumper!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 07:59 AM
ecorona6

Originally Posted by KManZ
I had the same questions... and after I got the kit from Jun, I realized I was looking too deep into a simple matter. Just get the kit from Jun. The price is sweet, the conversion is easy. No need to research about bulb intensity or cutting wires/ splicing anything. The kit plugs right in. The hardest part is removing your bumper!!!
The only problem with this is that i dont have non-xenon lights anymore, they broke during the accident. I bought xenon headlights and now I need to resale these and buy non-xenon headlights.

To add fuel to the fire, my headlight/radiator/horn/windsield fluid harness was completely cut from the accident and I need a whole new harness! Damn I am screwed!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:41 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

well, if you already have the xenon headlights then all you would need is to buy the xenon harness, which you can get from your dealer, i believe they are like $15 a piece. As far as connecting it to your car, i'm pretty sure there shouldn't be much to it, just a matter of finding the right connectors. The HID harness most probably connects to the same connector where the non-HID harness used to be connected...
Old 05-31-2005, 04:33 PM
grimace65

if you go to the dealer it is about 6000 dollars to convert the non xenon to xenon