Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose Fix and Facts

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 03:46 PM
ZEyeDoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Fix and Facts

I just had my Bose fixed. Biener Nissan in Great Neck, NY made it quick and painless. Thanks guys!

Because of all of the discussion about the Bose radio and repair, I did some careful listening before and after the amp swap. With the new amp installed, audio quality when listening to the radio is (more or less) acceptable and CD audio is actually now decent. While overall audio is not stellar it is listenable. The bass is less boomy and the overall audio seems less muddy. Before the fix, the audio from the radio was the worst I've ever heard in a modern automobile and the CD audio was mediocre.

With the new amp, both bass and treble controls have a discernible effect at least in my Z. As others have noted, with the fader in the rear position there is virtually no bass. In fact, all audio coming from the rear speakers is weak and muddy - and that's being overly kind. If there is a woofer back there, I don't know what it's actually doing. However, it should be noted that the lack of rear bass and poor definition existed both before and after the amp replacement. That's not changed by the replacement amp.

The Z offers an utterly amazing driving experience - I absolutely love this car. The only thing that really detracts from the experience (other than the really crummy tires), is the disappointing audio system. If I were Nissan, I would have an intense discussion with Bose and Clarion to find out what caused this problem and how best to repair it - for all of the Touring owners who got a lot less than we bargained (and paid) for.

ZEyeDoc
Old 12-04-2002, 04:39 PM
MacGuru

I agree. Well said, but I highly doubt Nissan or Clarion will do anything more. And you're right, we didn't get what we paid for. -m
Old 12-05-2002, 03:52 AM
TWK

You got it exactly right. Some improvement after the amp is replaced but not as good as i had hoped. it seems as though i have to adjust bass, treble, fade etc. for every song or radio station that i listen to. has anybody heard the other Z sound systems? are they as bad?