Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z vs Raccoon... :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 10:25 PM
nlsqba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z vs Raccoon... :(

I was going to my gf house (around 11pm). I exit the highway to a 2 lane-road. And then I see 2 cars and one guy was trying to race the other one... but the first seemed not to be interested So I floor my baby.... I run the orange/red light at around 60-70 miles... and then I see a raccoon cutting my way. I knew I will hit him and so did happen. Everything was so fast that I even didn't brake.

I hit the raccoon (or something like this) with my bumper (passanger side). My bumper is cracked and dented... then the windshield fluid container is cracked, the hoses are deattached... I am missing the plastic in the wheel area....

I will go to the dealership today in the morning to see if there is something else... I also need to order parts.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:46 AM
VQ35DEV6

If you slowed down or braked the impact wouldn't have been as hard. Basically you f*cked up. Hope the damage doesn't cost you too much, doesn't insurance cover it? Hope things work out for you bro.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:01 AM
b_nazty

sorry man sucks to hear that....my friend did the same thing to a racoon...he hit it and it ripped the corner of the bumper on the driverside off and broke the bracket on his headlight
Old 07-01-2005, 04:18 AM
nlsqba

Originally Posted by VQ35DEV6
If you slowed down or braked the impact wouldn't have been as hard. Basically you f*cked up. Hope the damage doesn't cost you too much, doesn't insurance cover it? Hope things work out for you bro.

There was no way/time to slow down... i was running the lights and it happened just at the end of the intersection. By the way the raccoon was pretty fast - i was a second and he was half way on the road.

I have a $1k deductable... so I guess it will be my a$$ paying for it