Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Freaking car got egged!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 04:56 AM
Forrest80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im just curious, was andys car covered in zaino, if so how many coats?

just wondering if zaino will protect from eggs, remembered some ones post saying they got egged but it washed off with no marks.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by xero
I just got egged this morning too man. It blows. Ate right through the clear coat and base coat down to primer. I feel your pain.
I feel your pain man, sorry to hear about it. This black fixed up G coupe got egged too. His was so much worse than mine though, complete driver side was stained and the wrose part is I dont think he even knows yet. I feel sorry for him.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Damn, i'm lucky my car sits in the garage... Until the big one comes and the garage falls on it with my luck......
I hate so cal too......909 is even worse bro
Old 07-05-2005, 07:25 AM
tware

the zaino thing was brought up, will having tons of wax help at all? I guess if it can eat thru paint and clear, no wax is going to stop it... will it help at all?
Old 07-05-2005, 07:51 AM
xero

It seems it will buy you time if you walk out while its stool cool and un solid in the morning.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Fletch69z

Originally Posted by b_nazty
whats with all the z's getting egged?
No kidding! I just keep hearing stuff about Z's having bad things done to them. How can you hate something so beautiful?
Old 07-05-2005, 08:47 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone flicked a lit cigarette on my trunk at a mall parking lot once.. Did Buff out.. but damn that pissed me off.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:33 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well mine got egged last night/early morning. I hosed it off as soon as I saw it (now I have to worry about water spots too) and used Maguires detail spray as soon as I got to work. It is parked in the underground right now and I am waiting for a little more light so I can see reflections to tell if it needs more work. I am taking it to the car wash today for a wash and wax.

F-ing bastards have nothing better to do, I guess it is time to sell my 62 Austin Healey Sprite, it has not run in 8 years (was my daily for 8 years prior) it's got some sentimental value but I need to keep my sanity and get my Z in the garage. I may also be installing video surveillance this weekend. regardless of where I park my car, I think I like the idea of keeping an eye out.

In all that I found what looks to be some kind of impact mark on the trunk that I did not see two days ago when I washed the car, it's very odd, it did not break through the paint but looks like it chipped the clear. It could be from a rock or I don't know what. If I get a rear spoiler it should cover it up. This is all compounded by the fact that the car is PPW so matching the paint looks like it is gonna be a b!tch.

Chris (totally bummed and an hour late for work)
Old 08-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Fletch69z

Man, that sucks! I went out to my car the other day and there was a door ding the size of a baseball in it and no one around. I'm still shaking just thinking about it. People are useless now a days and have no respect. Good luck getting it repainted!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:56 AM
BOOFER7
Banned

Back when I lived next to the Bronx, the night before halloween, everyones car got egged. I used to coat my car with wax and leave it that way overnight so I'd have a protective layer on it. Then I'd remove it the next day.It always worked like a champ.

Sorry to hear about what happened.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:03 AM
lgreene

There just comes a time in every Z owners life where they ask themselves "why do I put up with this sh*t?" Although I havent purchased one yet. It's sad that I've already accepted the fact that one day my Z will be vandalized by some idiot. And I know that's what insurance is for but it just isn't the same even if you have it "fixed." I'd rather it not happen at all then have to deal with the whole process w/ insurance. Some people really suck sometimes. But I guess that's the price you pay for driving a beautiful car around. It shouldn't have to be that way but it is. Sad.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Vash350Z

The Z is an attention *****, for the good kind and the bad kind unfortunately, im so neurotic abot my car that i think its giving me grey hairs at the age of 20, but its been 1.5 years and no door dings or vandalism, but has it been worth my sanity!!!!!!!!

yup....
Old 08-05-2005, 10:09 AM
BENSIN

Smile

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
No kidding! I just keep hearing stuff about Z's having bad things done to them. How can you hate something so beautiful?
Not have one.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:19 AM
daytonablu350

my car got egged but my neighbor saw and got there licence plate so those ******* kids had to come clean it off and the whole time i was *****ing at them so after it all i got my whole car cleaned and got to chew some kids out
Old 08-05-2005, 11:08 AM
elms350Z

They're not coming off bro...and they will continue to get worse as yer car sits in the sun, then eventually you'll see cracks...this happend in my old car. Sorry to hear that man, good luck.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:04 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

I just got back from the car wash and all that is left is a few small spots over the passenger side rear wheel. I am glad this did not happen last week when I was out of town, it might have sat on the car for days getting baked. The sprite is going into the street this weekend until it is sold, they can egg that car, it needs paint anyway.

Chris
Old 08-05-2005, 11:23 PM
xero

South SJ kids have nothing better to do. = |
Old 08-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Racer Z
Banned

You Cali guys got mad issues with loser kids who throw eggs at your Z's!

Why not put a car cover (with a cable lock) on the Z?? Who cares if the cover gets stained...just wash off the car cover and save yourself a LOT of grief.

Also, WHY do they do this on the 4th of July?? I can see it happening on Halloween.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

when did this happen andy? did you say anything about it at work?

in your Z?

uzzled:
Old 08-06-2005, 12:32 AM
time4aspliff

Why do people hate on the Z so much?

That's why I don't drive my car to work anymore. The last time I did, I noticed some kids having a McDonalds picnic on my car. Two butt licks were leaning on my fenders with their nuggets, fries, and sodas on the roof. I couldn't freakin' believe it. When I chewed them out, they acted as if it was no big deal. As I chased them away one guy had the audacity to mumble something like, "relax, it's not a Rolls Royce...". They simply didn't get it. I didn't find any dings or scratches so I got lucky but some idiots have no respect for other peoples' property.

I think that one reason why those types are kids are so prevalant in SoCal is that many of them are spoiled dweebs. Poor behavior often stems from one's upbringing.

I feel bad for those of you that got yolked.

Quick Reply: Freaking car got egged!