Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Oh man! that felt good ;)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 08:52 AM
iheartZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh man! that felt good ;)

so i went to the dealership this morning around 8 to meet my dad because we had to take the PAthfinder in for new brakes and tires. He was running a little late so i decided to park my car and go check out the other Z's in their lot. Well as i was walking back into the dealership to meet my dad, a dealer came out and said "now i KNOW you want one of those Z's out there." and i replied "I already got one. Its that one right there (pointing to the SB with 20 layers of Zaino). "

man he was so ready to gimme his sale pitch and everything. he was just like "oh ok...have a nice day."
Old 07-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Sisko99

Nice...lol. It's always fun to beat down the sharks now and then....
Old 07-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

You should have listened to his BS sales pitch and acted all interested. Like, "WOW, how many horsepower does it have?" and then listened to his replies. Then after he has spread it on really thick, tell him, "Oh, by the way, that one is mine"
Old 07-20-2005, 09:20 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I'm surprise he didn't try to get you to trade it in for another Z.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Sisko99

"You make a convincing arguement....but I really don't think I need a second Z...."
Old 07-20-2005, 09:28 AM
donricouga

When i went to the service dept about 6 months after i bought my Z, this guy tried to convince me to trade in my Z for a track or anniversary model Z. Do these guys really believe that there are people that would actually do that ?
Old 07-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by donricouga
When i went to the service dept about 6 months after i bought my Z, this guy tried to convince me to trade in my Z for a track or anniversary model Z. Do these guys really believe that there are people that would actually do that ?
there are always people who can be persuaded to do outrageous things. Let`s just be thankful that we don`t fall into that category.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:34 AM
elms350Z

Originally Posted by Sisko99
"You make a convincing arguement....but I really don't think I need a second Z...."
LOL

So you're saying if I get another Z...
Old 07-20-2005, 10:39 AM
sigsauer87

when I went to go get my Z serviced, one salesman tried convincing me to trade my 05 roadster for an 03 coupe...
Old 07-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ lol
Old 07-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Dream

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
You should have listened to his BS sales pitch and acted all interested. Like, "WOW, how many horsepower does it have?" and then listened to his replies. Then after he has spread it on really thick, tell him, "Oh, by the way, that one is mine"
Come on, that's really mean. The guy's just trying to sell cars.

That said, I like asking salespeople weird questions, like "How much weight can the cupholders hold?"
Old 07-20-2005, 01:11 PM
2slow4me1990

Originally Posted by Sisko99
LOL
Old 07-20-2005, 01:14 PM
ClaytonC01

that happened to me once.. it was a new guy at the dealership. Im there all the time but this guy didnt meet me yet. He tried sellin me a Z when the manager came over and said, "He's already got one, its the one outside the window there..."
Old 07-20-2005, 02:25 PM
FormulaRX

don't these lowlife sales guys ever learn? if someone really wanted to buy a car, they would look for the salesguy...no need to pressure the people...just let them be. No one wants to be pressured.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:44 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaRX
don't these lowlife sales guys ever learn? if someone really wanted to buy a car, they would look for the salesguy...no need to pressure the people...just let them be. No one wants to be pressured.
I'll bet if your families welfare depended on sales, you wouldn't be just sitting at your desk picking your nose and waiting for the customers to fall into your lap. Approaching people on the lot is completely expected and acceptable to me. As long as they can take a polite "I'm just looking" for an answer, it's all good.

I think lowlife is a pretty harsh stereotype for what probably is a relatively honest group of people. Of course, just like the cars, it's the bad apples that get all the attention, but those are more the exception than the norm.

Peace.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:14 PM
iheartZ

lets get back to the orignal topic. sorry if i kinda gave u readers the idea that dealers are dirty lowlifes... i was just saying that it felt really good to say that i owned a Z have u guys had any experiences like that?
Old 07-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Winchm60

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kcobean
I'll bet if your families welfare depended on sales, you wouldn't be just sitting at your desk picking your nose and waiting for the customers to fall into your lap. Approaching people on the lot is completely expected and acceptable to me. As long as they can take a polite "I'm just looking" for an answer, it's all good.

I think lowlife is a pretty harsh stereotype for what probably is a relatively honest group of people. Of course, just like the cars, it's the bad apples that get all the attention, but those are more the exception than the norm.

Peace.

Well-said! I work at a car dealership and while i don't sell cars, i do know how sales run. I'm fortunate to work at a dealership where the sales reps WILL accept a " I'm just looking"
Old 07-20-2005, 05:38 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iheartZ
lets get back to the orignal topic. sorry if i kinda gave u readers the idea that dealers are dirty lowlifes... i was just saying that it felt really good to say that i owned a Z have u guys had any experiences like that?
Haven't really shopped Z's since I got mine, and all the guys at the local dealership know me and my car.

On a similar note....One thing I REALLY hate is when I'm in my beater car ('97 Ford Probe SE) and I have an opportunity to talk to a Z owner that I don't know and I have to say "I have a Z, too....This is my other car". You can tell the guy is like "Yeah, ok". I hate that.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:42 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kcobean

Peace.
I'm not saying that he did anything dishonest. It's just that these guys don't really know as much about these cars as we do and they really look silly trying to BS us.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:47 AM
Tay350z
Banned

When i was buying my Z the dealer said, "Oh we have another Z on the lot come look at it." It was a g35.......lol

Quick Reply: Oh man! that felt good ;)