Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Car Sponsors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 11:57 PM
AvengerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Car Sponsors?

Hello guys, I just got a few questions about getting car sponsors. I dont quite understand how it works. How can someone have sponsorship for his car...
Is it completely free? (how great is that)
cause I love my car, and I'd really love to have do something under the hood, but things are just so expansive.

Thanks.. ^^
Old 08-12-2005, 06:06 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Normally car sponsorhips involve companies giving parts to you or selling them at a highly discounted rate so that you can show them off at car shows and thus increase their business. To get a full sponsorship from any major company your life basically is owned by them as they will want to see your car in their booths at shows every weekend. In order to get sponsored you need to have a plan and a vision and be able to put that onto paper in the form of a good sponsorship request packet. You are going to need to spend some money on the car first before a company will spend their money on you. In my opinion, unless you LOVE car shows, forget about being sponsored and do it on your own.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:18 AM
smitpsk

Good Advice Tut - You've got to really have a plan and vision to get sponsorships. You might be able to pick up some small ones pretty easily, but not worth it in my opinion. I have always had the philosophy that I will only put high end parts on my Z and they MUST be the parts that I want. I'm not willing to settle for something else because a sponsor is willing to give it to me.

If you still want to go the sponsorship route, go for it! Just make sure you talk to more people who have sponsorships and fully talk to your rep from that company.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:59 PM
AvengerZ

wow, great advice guys..
So, say somehow I finally got some sponsors for my car... and i was reading some sponsor's websites, they said something like I need to cooperate with their shows for about 12 month. I think going for car shows is fun, but I just don't know if they'd put it in any racing or things that would poteintially "damage" the car?

Thank you guys again... for great advices...
Old 08-14-2005, 09:37 PM
NOBI

dude shows when you are showing are not fun... i spend 7-9 at import showoff this week. that was am-pm. coming home i felt like i had been hit by a truck... but yea, do what you want, just know that shows when you are showing are a ton of work