Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this how Order program is NOW working?? Experts read

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 09:50 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this how Order program is NOW working?? Experts read

I just ordered a CS enthusiest with ONLY floormats (Dec 7).

My family is partners in the dealer, so maybe I get some decent/honest info, BUT maybe NOT (there is NO profit in this for our dealer, so I wouldn't think our salesman, a friend, would want to lie and say it could come earlier than it will). When I asked, about how long it will take, and I said "I heard that it takes anywhere from 2-4 months to get the car after they are ordered". He then mentioned to me that it should come much sooner than that, and they may even have some at the port that matches my order, "so ya never know", he suggested that the demand is dying down and cars are "out there", and that Nissan has cars that are already built (but NOT allocated yet, sitting at the port and when they actually get to the port is when they decide to allocate it, based on which dealers have certain cars on order).

He said that there are a bunch of Z's at the port and ONLY when they get there, do they decide where they will be allocated (unless you ordered one and the ONLY way to get it is to have Nissan build it, which is confusion, b/c why would they pull some from the dock and others be built from scratch??)

the program works like this (as much as I know). 1st, the Z works on a "earn and turn" basis, meaning that when a dealer sells a car, Nissan will immediatly allow them (allocate) 1-2 more cars to come (the Dealers LOVE that). He said that there are 4 people at the Port (or some central location) than are assigned certain regions and their job is to ALLOCATE the Z's (he did mention that with the "earn and turn" program, that since they just sold a car the NIGHT before I ordered mine, Nissan will try to get a car or 2 out ASAP to them and look at the "orders" first to get it to a customer (me) ASAP).

The cars are ordered through a regional rep every 3 weeks (they just took an order 1.5 weeks ago, so I have to wait 1.5 weeks before anything is actually done with the info), and the process is called a "CPO" (I don't know what that means).When you order the car, that code is given to a regional rep, and entered into a computer so the people at the Port can try and match it to a car already there (if it is NOT an exact match, it will NOT be allocated to you, but I was told that your salesman, if good, can keep in touch with the port people and/or regional rep and tell them of ALL the different car options you would be willing to accept. In other words, If I wanted a car that had splash guards and it would cut 2 weeks off my ETA, I would tell them, FINE send it).

have any of you (those that ordered) got your car (recently) much sooner than you expected? Again I reallly am NOT in a huge hurry, but just want to know what to expect, or different possibilities. Again it seems like the norm is about 3 months from the time they get the order (maybe a bit more or less), but I am gettting a feeling that the time is dramatically dropping?? (I do have info from a top Nissan exec that November, Nissan increased production BIG TIME!!!)

btw, he did say that they reallly don't do "dealer trades" with this car, they are just too rare and don't want to deal with putting miles on them or loading them on a truck, which is fine with me.

I also get the feeling that the demand has died down (b/c many people were on more than 1 waiting list, orders have been filled, people looking to different alternatives-IE. G35sc, etc...), and NIssan is doing its best to still get the cars that are "sold" or "ordered" to the dealers. I called the dealer a couple weeks ago and they had NOTHING on the lot and still had a huge "list", yesterday, they had 2 tracks just sitting there. They do have some others on order, that haven't been filled yet, but he said most of those are Automatics.

another HUGE question I have is, Why would some ORDERED cars be built from scratch and others be pulled from the port??? (perhaps since they are mostly caught up to the pre-orders, they NOW pull the from the port, or if a car is a rare combination of options, they BUILD it from scratch)?????????

btw, I am in SoCal, so perhaps that is another reason our saleman thinks I could get it slightly quicker.

anybody else KNOW the situation of EXACTLY how the allocations and orders are CURRENTLY working????????
Old 12-13-2002, 08:22 AM
TriX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much how you described it.

1st Order form is filled
2nd Order is completed with NNA and confirmed
This is done at the beginning of each month

3rd Nissan starts the production process
4th VIN # once car is finished
5th delivery

I wouldn't count on demand being down or cars being delivered sooner. 1st year for this car, (not even first car appeared in sept), alot of people waited till they saw the product before order submital.

You are being told what I was told to order the car. The delear isn't really lying for the most part but most get 5-8 car orders / month. So you can figure it out from there.

Most people are not getting the cars early however they might get lucky which happends. Someone cancels a similar order.