2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I'm gonna cry

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:58 AM
Qbrozen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm gonna cry

*sigh*

well, i've only known my car for 6 months, but I am in love with it. Regardless, a baby is on the way and we need the money .... so i've made a deal with a Lincoln dealer for a used LS. Seems really odd that I'm getting a luxury car in exchange for the Z AND getting cash back out of the deal.

I'll always speak fondly of my Z. Absolutely no real complaints and I don't know when, if ever, I'll get to own a car as fun as this one.

I'll probably continue reading the board just to live vicariously through the rest of you. Hope you don't mind.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Escobar

Received 154 Likes on 128 Posts

Feel free, lincoln LS is still nice car. My friend got one with the sport package and 5 speed, its kinda sporty. Good luck with the baby
Old 09-08-2005, 06:49 AM
04350zTouring

Thumbs up

Even though i feel for you and the loss of your Z, the addition to your family is way cooler. Good Luck with new baby and Congratulations.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:09 AM
EatMyZ

Baby > 350Z.

You'll be ok my friend, a car is a car. =)
Old 09-08-2005, 07:38 AM
BENSIN

Originally Posted by EatMyZ
Baby > 350Z.

I think you have that backwards...
Old 09-08-2005, 08:08 AM
The Mike

ahh.. You chose to be a breeder rather than own a Z??? I'll never understand this sort of thinking

Oh well, good luck with that

ps: I'm mad that even nonparents must pay a school tax when they arn't using it. I propose a tax called the Breeder's Tax and its obvious who would pay and who wouldn't
Old 09-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss, but a baby is obviously a big deal! Take care of your new baby.

The only thing I have to say is you should've gotten a Maxima!

Keep it Nissan, keep it VQ.

With a front strut tower bar, rear sway bar, and coilovers, the Maxima can handle like a beast for FWD, and the best part is you don't really have to tell the wifey about the semi stealth mods! Not to mention you could have gotten a manual one! (Plenty of room for baby seats too)

=\

Oh well, I'm sure it's too late for all that now... good luck with everything!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Wicked4u2c

You still have a chance if you know what I mean

Just kidding man, GOOD LUCK with the new baby. I am sure you will get a lot of satisfaction from the experience. (not sure if its your first).
Old 09-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Baron1C

Originally Posted by EatMyZ
Baby > 350Z.

Originally Posted by BENSIN
I think you have that backwards...
+1
Old 09-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Adibese

You can put the baby in that big glovebox, no?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Baron1C

Originally Posted by Adibese
You can put the baby in that big glovebox, no?
ROFL prolly
Old 09-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Bran_BranZ33

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
You still have a chance if you know what I mean

Just kidding man, GOOD LUCK with the new baby. I am sure you will get a lot of satisfaction from the experience. (not sure if its your first).

wow
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Good news.

A baby will be a lot more fun than a car. Besides, when was the last time that the 350Z spit up on your shirt?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Qbrozen

LOL.

Thanks, guys. Yes, i'm very excited about being a father, so I don't regret what I have to do .... just a bit sad about it, but its all good.

gee... i took that coat hanger one way (meaning to use it to steal a Z) .... but then took it another way .... first interpretation got a chuckle ... 2nd gets crickets chirping.

its not a space thing, guys, its money. The wife has an SUV and there is another sedan in the driveway, so we don't need another baby transporter. Heck, I might keep him/her out of the LS anyway.

As far as the Maxima ... I've been searching for one in my area with no luck. Just seems impossible to find a stick (plus i only want last gen because i don't dig the new gen). I looked for 3.5 Altimas, too (although i think they are not very attractive). And G35 sedans are still a bit too expensive.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:06 AM
MeetJoeAsian

how much u want buddy?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:09 AM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by Baron1C
+1
+2...get your priority straight buddy, your car won't nag at you and **** on you....now the baby on the other hand...that's money automatically out of your pocket...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:15 AM
jamnew

[QUOTE=Qbrozen]LOL.

Thanks, guys. Yes, i'm very excited about being a father, so I don't regret what I have to do .... just a bit sad about it, but its all good.

gee... i took that coat hanger one way (meaning to use it to steal a Z) .... but then took it another way .... first interpretation got a chuckle ... 2nd gets crickets chirping.

its not a space thing, guys, its money. The wife has an SUV and there is another sedan in the driveway, so we don't need another baby transporter. Heck, I might keep him/her out of the LS anyway.

Keep pictures of the Z and show them to your baby every day. Make the first words he or she says "350Z". He or she will grow up with Z lust, do well in school, get a good job and buy a new "400Z". Then you can drive it!
Old 09-08-2005, 11:00 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember test driving my Z with a sales lady and she was trying to strike up a conversation. Asking where I work and if I had a girlfriend or thinking of getting married. So I answered: "Yeah, about that... is there any harness in the trunk to hold a baby seat? She gave me this shocked and disgusted look. I told her I was kidding. Then a minute of silence passed and I turned to her and said: "But, seriously, is there one?" The look on her face was priceless.

And about your choice to get rid of the Z and not the other cars... I don't know, man... I just don't know...

Last edited by ZlleH; 09-08-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:59 AM
paco3131

My grandfather drives a lincoln!!!! haha
Old 09-09-2005, 05:43 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by ZlleH
And about your choice to get rid of the Z and not the other cars... I don't know, man... I just don't know...
I hear ya. It was a tough decision. But its the only one that made sense. I can't part with the Alfa due to sentimental reasons. Selling the Volvo would have gotten me the same $$ in my pocket as I got trading the Z for a cheaper car, BUT, without the Volvo, what the heck would I drive when there is snow on the ground?

So I was left with only one practical solution.

So i've had the Lincoln for about 12 hours now. Everyone keeps asking me how I like it and I just say "eh, its ok." Then there are those who know what I gave up and they ask "how you doin, man?" as if I just lost a family member.

All I can say is, at least its RWD, quiet, comfortable, handles damned well for what it is, and I can smoke the tires. I'd probably be really happy with it if I had never experienced the Z.

Quick Reply: I'm gonna cry