Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

That'll buff right out (or probably not - pictures) - OUCH!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:02 PM
hypeiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if thats fixable it must be CHEAP to work on 350z's
Old 10-06-2005, 06:05 PM
adrenilan

go into the body shop with a sledghammer and take some swings at the enigne mount and anything else that looks important that should make em total it.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:08 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by bamyi
In certain states, once the frame is bent its considered totaled by law. Even if the insurance wants to fix it, go get some estimates thats over $30k! Insurance won't fix it now! I hope you had full coverage.
how does that work? can you demand the dealership fixes car? b/c they will just send it to one of their shops and charge you 30% on top of whatever the shop charge... you could get a Z totalled from a fender bender if you were going to make the dealership fix it.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
spacemn_spiff

You must be glad that Z's fared well on crash test ratings. That tube along the door looks to be designed to protect the passenger inside.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:53 PM
rolling

id say Super totaled!!
IF they do that se if you can buy back the car as salvage for super cheap and see if you can sell parts!! of have spares for future mishaps hehe
Old 10-06-2005, 08:11 PM
RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give the carrier/shop time to complete the estimate. The damage extends into the roof and I don't see how they will ultimately determine it is repairable. I suspect they will be telling you it's a total very soon.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:42 PM
AzianToby

Sorry to see your car like that. Atlease you made it out alive... in the end, that's all that matters. O yeah, and thanks for showing us how the inside of our doors look like. j/k
Old 10-07-2005, 04:51 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Allstate is pretty good. They have done me right is similar situations. Just let them do their work. They should total something like that after they add the numbers up. It's a process they go through. I was within 6 months of purchase. I believe their policy is to get you what you paid for the car if it is within six months of purchase. At least that is what they did for me.

If not, just ask them to get you another one with the same mileage and in the same condition. They have to do that by law I was told. Check it out.

Heck, I didn't like that Porsche anyways.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 10-07-2005 at 04:54 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:42 AM
zedated

Originally Posted by spcemn_spiff
You must be glad that Z's fared well on crash test ratings. That tube along the door looks to be designed to protect the passenger inside.
That's the "side-impact door beam." I believe those are a federally-required safety feature nowadays.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:52 AM
GOT TRQ

does diminuation of value apply to first party or third party...dont remember - yeah uve got serious frame dmg - call the adjustor up and ask him why its not a total - ask for the what he thinks that vehicle is worth in your area [usually ccc evaluation] then ask him what he thinks repairs are going to cost - theres frame dmg, hidden dmg etc, ask him what the total loss threshold is - is it 70%, 80% etc - ie if repairs cost 70% of its current value then its deemed a total loss...ask him these numbers, talk to him about it.
who are you insured with?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:57 AM
GOT TRQ

Originally Posted by bamyi
In certain states, once the frame is bent its considered totaled by law. Even if the insurance wants to fix it, go get some estimates thats over $30k! Insurance won't fix it now! I hope you had full coverage.
thats not going to help, they are only going to pay for 'reasonable' repair costs -they usually do thier own estimates and will pay reasonable differences between thier est and your shops est - that said if the est for repairs is 15k, walking in with a 30k est won't even be seriously considered.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:59 AM
jamnew

Originally Posted by HokieZ
See Zaino isn't impervious to trees! 10 layers did absolutely nothing to protect me from the tree! I want my money back!
Sorry about the wreck. The fact that you can laugh about this shows you are focused on the right things in life.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:00 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Ouch.. glad you and your pasenger are OK.. Looks like a total loss to me as well.. G'luck!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
DrVolkl

I will be really impressed if they try and fix that car....I'm looking at the roof buckling across the whole section and thinking about all the frame damage that is probably going on with this car.

I think they're both being optimistic...the body shop because they want to earn some $$ and the insurance company because they want to save some $$.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Navygold

So what's the story? How fast were you going? Any more news from the insurance company?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:35 PM
bstansbu

Glad you guys made it out safe. On a side note, thanks for the picture of the inside of the door. i can now see the rollers that smear grease on my windows of my Z. ahhhhhhhh... BEN
Old 10-07-2005, 02:51 PM
HokieZ

Sorry, nothing new yet. I tried calling the adjuster a couple times today and gave authorization for them to put it on a lift and start taking panels off to complete the analysis. They were at 13K and they hadn't put it on a lift yet. The adjuster thought the wrinkle in the DRIVERS side rear quarter panel was a factory contour. LOL! The shop definitely wants the work to fix it but if it's at 13K and they haven't even put it on a lift yet, I don't think she'll be returning to the road.

FWIW: The car is a 2003 Redline Performance with 19K miles. I was the first and only owner (and likely the last).

I'll let you all know something Monday. According to the body shop it will take that long to complete the analysis.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:18 PM
06daytona

i am an adjuster and frame dmg in TX can be repaired, i would explain to the adjuster that you want it totaled and they might be able to write for enough to total it. my opinion is that its totaled but i would like to see picks of it torn down and up on a lift. are there any suspension dmg? that adds up in $ all states have diff reg. and all insurance co. write est diff. some give away the farm like state farm and i wouldnt dought that allstate will total it. good thing is you guys weren't hurt, i hate dealing w/ bi and pip claims
Old 10-07-2005, 03:31 PM
HokieZ

bi and pip? Yeah, amazing neither one of us was really hurt. I have a little bruising around my lower ribs on the right side from the seat belt but I've felt worse after playing golf (after not playing for a few months).

Still can't believe the door skin ripped right off but glad I could be of service.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:53 PM
06daytona

BI = bodily INJ
PIP= Personal INJ Protection

pip is for you and bi is for other parties involved that arent relatives. pip is another form of med pay on your car ins pol.

Quick Reply: That'll buff right out (or probably not - pictures) - OUCH!