Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Tire Warrantee Woes

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Mr. Motion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Warrantee Woes

Just thought that I would share with you my experience with trying to obtain reimbursement under Nissan's warrantee extension. Eight weeks ago I faxed all of the required paperwork to obtain reimbursement for the new front tires I had purchased (Eagle F1-DS3s) to replace the 2nd set of Potenzas. Although I had received confirmation that the fax was received, 7 weeks later Nissan Consumer Affairs claimed that they never received it. Faxed it again to the Consumer Affairs agent. A week later, was informed that the claim was being rejected because the new tires were a different size (mounted on same wheels, but a bit wider). I tried to convince the agent that it shouldn't matter, but she simply read some policy statement that stated that the wheels, suspension, and tires "needed to be returned to factory specs". I told her that this was ridiculous - how can I return the tires "to factory specs" long after they have been replaced! It was futile! Logic apparently is not a factor in setting policy!

I guess that I'll just have to be satisfied with the purchase decision I made - after 9000 miles the feathering is GONE, and the tires look and perform great! However, as far as I'm concerned, this warrantee extension program is bogus, and this will be the first and last Nissan product that I will ever own.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Jcolman

I'd call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. The letter that was sent out only specifies that you have to "return the tires and suspension to OEM condition" if you're seeking to have the alignment redone. The letter states that "you may be eligible for reimbursement of these expenses" if you have had to replace your OEM tires. It does not state anywhere that the tires must be original size.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:51 AM
enrique350Z

i just got off the phone with Nissan consumer affairs and my reimbursement was approved for oem tires and alignment.

Total Dollars: $562.00

thank you Nissan!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:43 AM
topfri

i bought larger pilots and nissan paid the normal prorated amt, they did deny the free alignment. after 12k the feathering issue is for naught.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Yellow Stealth

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I faxed them my documentation 8 weeks ago, and still had not heard anything back from them.

I just called them at 800-343-0294, and all they were able to confirm is that they received everything and are processing my claim. They could not give me an ETA as to when my claim may be settled. I also went with wider tires (SO3's), so I am expecting them to deny my claim, although logic says they should give me the same amount of money I would have been entitled to had I purchased RE40's.