Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

rear view mirror compass, who has this??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:56 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rear view mirror compass, who has this??

I have a touring model but I dont have the compass, is this some "special" feature that only comes with certain models or what?
Old 10-13-2005, 10:16 AM
liveoneva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gabez33
I have a touring model but I dont have the compass, is this some "special" feature that only comes with certain models or what?
As far as I know, it's not available on any models. Kinda curious in my opinion. I have an 04 Touring model and it's not on mine
Old 10-13-2005, 10:23 AM
ZlleH

I have touring but no compass on the rearview mirror. But I have the Navigation feature and it has a compass on it...
Old 10-13-2005, 05:02 PM
bcheng4jc

the homelink mirrors on our Z is the EXACT same one as found in the new land rover LR3 discovery! hehe. =P but yea.....Z's dont come with compass on the mirrors. Ford explorers do......
Old 10-13-2005, 05:08 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

It was only available on the '03s.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:41 PM
zedated

It's a Nissan accessory, available at the dealer. If you have a Homelink mirror now, you're already wired, so it's a simple replacement. Otherwise, you have to run the wiring harness from below the dash somewhere to the mirror.

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=2503
Old 10-13-2005, 06:43 PM
gabez33

thanks Zedated....what part of texas you from??
Old 10-13-2005, 07:03 PM
arejohn

Default Is it gentex or donnelly?

I'd use the money for tail lights and a boy scout compass.

Originally Posted by zedated
It's a Nissan accessory, available at the dealer. If you have a Homelink mirror now, you're already wired, so it's a simple replacement. Otherwise, you have to run the wiring harness from below the dash somewhere to the mirror.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:10 PM
FLZ_Boy

I could live with all the quirks of the Z, but when I found out it had no compass I was pissed.

I still drive with no compass, and it's annoying. Time to invest in a Nismo compass.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:25 PM
ZlleH

I see on your signiture that you couldn't live without the Nismo License Plate Holders and the Nismo Floormats...

Why are you making fun of people who just want a compass on their rearview mirror? Do you think after these people purchase their rearview mirror with compass that they will list them on their sgniture like you so proudly display your Nismo License Plate Holders and the Nismo Floormats?

Originally Posted by FLZ_Boy
I could live with all the quirks of the Z, but when I found out it had no compass I was pissed.

I still drive with no compass, and it's annoying. Time to invest in a Nismo compass.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:36 PM
gabez33

Originally Posted by ZlleH
I see on your signiture that you couldn't live without the Nismo License Plate Holders and the Nismo Floormats...

Why are you making fun of people who just want a compass on their rearview mirror? Do you think after these people purchase their rearview mirror with compass that they will list them on their sgniture like you so proudly display your Nismo License Plate Holders and the Nismo Floormats?

LOL i know right, it was just a question....I forgot to list my z mats and kick plates too
Old 10-13-2005, 07:37 PM
zedated

Originally Posted by gabez33
thanks Zedated....what part of texas you from??
I live in Plano, was born in SA, tho.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
ShadesofBlonde

the homelink mirror on my z is exactly the same as on my murano
the murano has a compass, funny i never noticed the z doesnt

<--- knows where she's going
Old 10-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zedated

Correct... It comes with a new harness...

If you already have a homlink mirror you can sell it to someone with a base model and they use the new harness!

The mirror accessory is for other NISSAN vehicles as well... so it does have some resale value when you remove it...
Old 10-13-2005, 11:37 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the normal rear view costs like $300!!! (and mine has broken twice...thank god for warranty) i wonder how much the mirror with compass costs.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:21 AM
Z_Driver
Master

I don't know guys, I not feeling the need for this option.

The sun comes up in the east and sets in the west right? I'll just get a stick out and plant it in the ground if I get lost.

It's kinda cool but, never used it on the old 300ZXT and don't use it in the Pathfinder. Just something else to break. I do carry a silva liquid filled compass if I am in the mountains. I use that compass just in case the Pathfinder breaks down and I have to hoof it across country. Nice thing about these Nissans is they don't break down very often. Can't take the truck with me with the on board compass if this happens. So I can't see the need. I also carry a handheld GPS at times.

I just it helps if you need to know if you are headed north or south on Elm St.

Sometimes I wish my 350Z had 4WD and could be lifted 12" off the ground. The Pathfinder is about as close as you can come to having a Z off road.

Er ..... maybe a Murano ..... But I like the Auto, two range tranfer case of the Pathfinder.

The only reason I bring this up is when I was driving the old 300ZXT and Pathfinder. I said, "Man, if they ever put this motor into a Z" and they did!

Woe ..... Right field .... I know.... I know..... just though you might want to see how I got here.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 10-14-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:55 AM
overZealous1

i have learned alot from this post. ok, nothing good though. i have an 03 touring with the zippy rear view, and no compass there. i do have navi though, and it still doesn't really matter. honestly, if this is your biggest complaint, get a superman watch or a hunters knife/ compass to guide you around, if not buy a friggin map. this seems so simple to me. i am actually glad mine does not show the direction, because w t f would i care. would you turn around if you saw n.e. and you wanted to go n.w.?? i wish my life was so simple i could care about things like this and not other issues in my life. sorry if i'm an ***, but honestly.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:05 AM
ZlleH

What part of the Original Poster's post Did he sound like he was desperate to have a compass? Did he sounded angry for not having the compass? Did he sound like he was complaining? He asked a simple question.

Was your life simpler back when you posted this question to the forum? https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/131840-my-z-is-over-3-years-old-already.html

Is there some reason your above thread is somehow more important and better then this thread the original poster started? Was the above thread the "other issues in your life"?

Sorry if i'm an ***, but honestly.

Originally Posted by overZealous1
i have learned alot from this post. ok, nothing good though. i have an 03 touring with the zippy rear view, and no compass there. i do have navi though, and it still doesn't really matter. honestly, if this is your biggest complaint, get a superman watch or a hunters knife/ compass to guide you around, if not buy a friggin map. this seems so simple to me. i am actually glad mine does not show the direction, because w t f would i care. would you turn around if you saw n.e. and you wanted to go n.w.?? i wish my life was so simple i could care about things like this and not other issues in my life. sorry if i'm an ***, but honestly.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hndumafia
the normal rear view costs like $300!!! (and mine has broken twice...thank god for warranty) i wonder how much the mirror with compass costs.
230 plus ship from us...

Old 10-14-2005, 09:08 AM
06daytona

Originally Posted by ZlleH
What part of the Original Poster's post Did he sound like he was desperate to have a compass? Did he sounded angry for not having the compass? Did he sound like he was complaining? He asked a simple question.

Was your life simpler back when you posted this question to the forum? https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131840

Is there some reason your above thread is somehow more important and better then this thread the original poster started? Was the above thread the "other issues in your life"?

Sorry if i'm an ***, but honestly.
burn.........

Quick Reply: rear view mirror compass, who has this??