Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got a letter from Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 12:42 PM
bigone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a letter from Nissan

The letter stated that they were very sorry about a mistake on some of the very early deliveries to Maroone dealerships. It seems on these deliveries the factory window sticker said 2 piston front brakes, whereas the non track Z's don't get 2 piston front brakes (the track Brembo's are 4 piston) rather just single piston. I noticed this when I took delivery and asked my salesperson and he confirmed dual piston, I was happy about this because all my research told me single piston I thought I was getting a nice surprise upgrade and in part based my decision to accept the Z because of this upgrade. There's a long story here, but let me just leave it at the people who handled my pre order were very inept and arrogant so much that I almost didn't accept delivery of the Z.

Anyway, now I get this letter and to a degree I feel cheated. Buying a Touring edition, with the sub par Bose system, makes me feel like I should have gotten a track and some aftermarket leather instead. Before I at least thought I was getting brakes that were a little better then the lower priced trims, now I really feel robbed.

Anyway, I am thinking of writing Nissan and insisting that they give me the brakes as described on the window sticker and confirmed by the salesperson. Since, according to the letter, there aren't any 2 piston brakes for the Z, I will ask for the Brembo system from the track. I hope they don't give me a hard time although based on my experiences so far I expect they will.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:06 PM
Flyingscot

I would think the best they would do is offer you some money. Maybe the Lawyers among us can say how binding those window stickers are when it comes to mis-prints.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:19 PM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

I didn't feel at all cheated as I didn't pick up on the twin piston caliper thing anyway - Nissan made a small mistake and apologized for it. If you really feel cheated raise some hell - what's a small mistake to me might be a large glaring error to you.