2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Meet anyone because of your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 04:20 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meet anyone because of your Z?

Since I've gotten the Z, I've met 3 people. Two people who live a few houses down. One of them is a 20 year old chick, owns a modified Eclipse, wants a ride in my car.. haha, other is a middle aged man who was shocked, since he has been dreaming about the car, put down a payment, but had to cancle due to wife wanting a new house and needed more money for it. Third was a guy outside subway who owns a S2000, he parked next to me, stood outside looking at it, when I came back out, we talked for about 20minutes. He wants to race, thinking he can beat me.. hehe

Anyone meet anyone because of their new pride and joy?
Old 12-26-2002, 04:36 PM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup, actually I been talking more and more to strangers now days. Not sure if that's a good thing or not....
I think the longest conversation (~1 hour on the sidewalk by my parent's house) got to be with a retired guy in his 60-70s? It was amazing how knowledgable he was about the Z past, present, and future. This guy actually owned quite a few Zs through out the years and have a new z on order. Hum maybe he's a member on this site?
Old 12-26-2002, 04:55 PM
Old Skooler

I met this delicious little 20 year old hispanic hottie 2 weeks ago at a race night get-together thingy around here...she liked the Z. A lot.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Ricky
Banned

I might give the 20yr old blonde here a ride.. and not in the car haha.. jk
Old 12-27-2002, 04:32 AM
Stone Z

Question

Originally posted by Old Skooler
I met this delicious little 20 year old hispanic hottie 2 weeks ago at a race night get-together thingy around here...she liked the Z. A lot.
Did your girlfriend like her, too? lol

Last edited by Stone Z; 12-27-2002 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-27-2002, 04:53 AM
Traffic

Originally posted by whatever
yup, actually I been talking more and more to strangers now days. Not sure if that's a good thing or not....
I think the longest conversation (~1 hour on the sidewalk by my parent's house) got to be with a retired guy in his 60-70s? It was amazing how knowledgable he was about the Z past, present, and future. This guy actually owned quite a few Zs through out the years and have a new z on order. Hum maybe he's a member on this site?
Yeah, the same thing happened to me. G/f & I had stopped in the supermarket and a 50,60-year old guy pulls up in a brand-spanking-new silver 911 Carrera convertible with a blue top, aerokit and optional 18"s and tells me "hey, nice car!" (everyone usually bursts out laughing at that point), then we have a 20-minute conversation. I will say I would strongly prefer to be meeting nice Latinas rather than older men
Old 12-27-2002, 05:00 AM
BigBadBuford

I've met quite a few people since I've had the Z. One night a guy signalled for me to stop so he could check out my car and we ended up talking for about an hour.. a few weeks ago I found out he bought a Z exactly like mine from the same salesman I got mine from.. I guess he really liked it. I had a girl slam on her brakes in mall parking lot, jump out of her car screaming and run up to me and asked me if she could give me a hug because I drove a new Z (she was hot too!). I've talked to many other people about the Z while I was sitting at lights or had it parked. Plus, I've met probably 10 or 12 members of this site at various Z get-togethers.
Old 12-27-2002, 05:24 AM
mcduck

Hmm... I think more relevant is who hasn't met new people since buying their Z?????

Aside from the times I drive my Z to work, I think I talk to someone new almost every time I take it out for drive. Often, these are "traffic light" conversations, but its still people I didn't know before.

Aside from that, I've talked at length with probably two dozen people over the past two months... ranging from young to old, smart to dumb, ugly to hot, man and woman alike... there seems to be no set type that likes this car.

I'll be both happy and sad when more hit the street... finally I'll get some peace because they are more common, but I'll miss the attention.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:01 AM
2003z

I've met several folks from the boards here in atlanta and its a lot of fun to get together regularly.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:19 AM
Ricky
Banned

nice rims by the way :P
Old 12-27-2002, 08:46 AM
Old Skooler

Originally posted by Dlovtsur
Did your girlfriend like her, too? lol
Well, she's up in Dallas....but I was good. For the most part.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:50 AM
Jill

Well, she's up in Dallas....but I was good. For the most part.
Uh oh! Not good...Guys like you are trouble...
Old 12-27-2002, 08:56 AM
Old Skooler

lol...Jill, honestly, I didn't do anything except maybe flirt a bit. I didn't even touch her. How's that?
Old 12-27-2002, 09:06 AM
Jill

lol...Jill, honestly, I didn't do anything except maybe flirt a bit. I didn't even touch her. How's that?
MUCH better.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:35 PM
rouxeny

I've actually met two guys in the apartment complex. One owns an Audi A4, which has some fairly mild mods. Through him I met somebody else with a S4. Then, another gentleman owns three cars, an Accord, a BMW 850 and an Acura NSX. He says I can drive the NSX sometime, I'll have to take him up on it.

I guess that's three people actually.

Still, people in CT aren't the most car savvy, the Z is a mystery to them.

I've met a few people from the board of course.
Old 12-27-2002, 04:53 PM
irishfan

I've made all kinds of new friends, some from right here at my350z, some from just driving my new Z around.

By far the most fun has been meeting several of you in person, and also passing the time with everyone while we waited desperately for our pre-ordered cars to show up.

My wife says the best part was meeting AudioPat! He told me all he did was get her and her friends into the Leno show - I'm beginnning to wonder now. Anything you need to tell me Pat?
Old 12-28-2002, 02:02 PM
gammbino350z

i honestly havent met too many people. why you ask?
because no one around here owns SPORTS CARS!! It annoys me so much because it seems like every car on the road is a lifted dirty *** ford or chevy pickup truck with mullet man in it. And they all drive like complete asses flinging mud all over the place. The closest I get to sports cars are V6 Mustangs, Camaros, old lowered pickup trucks with neons, and civics with big spoilers. I dont want to race I just want to see some people with more appreciation of nice fast cars. oh well.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:29 PM
Ryan

If you haven't been to a car meet, I suggest you make plans to be at one. Nissan owners getting is great.

Old 12-28-2002, 03:33 PM
Danimsta

well i try to say hi to as many Z people as possible adn try telling them about this site

i also am gonna have my licenese plate for my maxima be

IWANTAZ
or
IWANNAZ

as u can see
i REALLY want one
Old 12-28-2002, 03:40 PM
Ryan

Originally posted by Danimsta
well i try to say hi to as many Z people as possible adn try telling them about this site

i also am gonna have my licenese plate for my maxima be

IWANTAZ
or
IWANNAZ

as u can see
i REALLY want one
Leave My350Z.com business cards on their cars.. lol.

Are you on any of the Maxima boards?

Quick Reply: Meet anyone because of your Z?