Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

car cover?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 05:38 PM
cillinsz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question car cover?

Do you guys think its a good idea to use car cover for winter time,(car parked in garage )?
I'm worry about scatches when using car cover,when put on & off.A gift for christmas last year from my girlfriend.(ordered from NISSAN)
Appreciate your feedback.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Nissan one..no problems. fits real nice!
Old 11-06-2005, 05:54 PM
bruce350z

i have a crappy one from wal-mart. it was only $20

it doesn't block dust, and if your car is outside, the morning dew will still get through a little bit. its better to have it on or else the morning dew will get all over your car instead of just on the windows a little bit.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:57 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, use the cover if it is decent quality & designed specifically for the Zzz.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:03 PM
rickyj59

Check out California Car Cover Company, they specialize in car covers. To be honest I spent a bunch of money on one, used it for awhile, but hey its in the garage so I stopped using it. If its ever outside though definately get the cover.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:51 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought the Genuine Nissan cover from Courtesy. It has all the features that you would expect for $200:

Window for license plate
Antenna pouch
Grommets for tie-down
Insulation to protect from exhaust burn

The cover is on the Z about 16 hours/day: wind, rain and snow. Its water repellent, not waterproof. A light rain and the car is dry. During a heavy downpour, the car will get wet. For care, I wash it in a front loading commercial machine, then dry it on the car. Then spray the top with Scotch Guard. I can take it on or off in about 3 minutes. A week after washing the Z (and using the cover), the Z is clean except for the front wheels. Definitely recommended.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:42 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think what he means is if he should buy the CLOTH version of a car cover to put over the car in the garage during winter. Some people put a cloth cover over their car during winter so dust does not accumulate on the surface of the car.

Most recommend cloth car cover for garage storage and the heavy duty car cover for outside. I don't know exactly why...
Old 11-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Z_Driver
Master

I use my Wolf cover I bought from Costco for under $50. Works great inside and outside. I have used it everyday in my Garage since I have bought my car. I also use it each day while I am at work. I use a soft rope under the car through the eyelits to keep the cover from blowing around or off the car on a windy day. No scratches at all. It has been on the car with winds up to 45mph.

Great cover for the dough. I also use the Wolf covers on two other cars I own. I like to have my paint look perfect. It also adds protection against those light door dings.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Z_Driver
Master

I use my Wolf cover I bought from Costco for under $50. Works great inside and outside. I have used it everyday in my Garage since I have bought my car. I also use it each day while I am at work. I use a soft rope under the car through the eyelits to keep the cover from blowing around or off the car.

No scratches at all. It has been on the car with winds up to 45mph.

Great cover for the dough. I also use the Wolf covers on two other cars I own. I like to have my paint look perfect. It also adds protection against those light door dings.

The main thing you want is a clean car when you put the cover. Because if you have a lot of dirt (not dust) on the car the dirt will scratch the car while putting the cover on or off if you are not careful.

I roll the car covers on and off the car. I do not drag the covers across the surface. That is probably why I do not have any scratches yet.
You just fold the side to the center of the car and roll the cover from front to back to take off. To install reverse the process. This makes quick work of putting your cover on or off. It also makes storage a snap.