Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So...this is what $17,000 looks like... (NOT FOR THE SQUEEMISH)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:59 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I’m feeling ill.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:37 AM
NeoRacer_106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wheres the pics?
Old 11-22-2005, 07:52 AM
fairladyinit

Unhappy

OH MY GOD. Good luck with your M5
Old 11-22-2005, 01:02 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow man...glad you're alive to talk about this one and drive another day. Be safe and GL with your next ride.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:55 PM
350ztoronto

any pics of the custom amp rack and where was it located?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:20 PM
buletman

It's part of the sub enclosure. Please everyone, stop pming me if I'm selling things, the car is officially totalled, and they may be compensating for my stereo, and if so, i'm not going to go through the hassle of parting it out. I'll repost if anything changes. Thanks for the interest though.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:14 AM
tekk

cars are replaceable. glad you're ok. good luck with your next ride
Old 11-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Z_fanatic

the important thing is your alrite, although i feel very queasy when lookin at those pics

your gonna have tons of fun in the M5
Old 12-10-2005, 08:19 AM
buletman

I have indeed been able to get most of my Audio Components out, and I have made new threads for the sale of them here (each in different section of forum, not sure which is most appropriate).

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....72#post1917572
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....73#post1917573
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....74#post1917574
Old 12-10-2005, 10:29 AM
heezyo2o

Glad you're okay.

If you're going for a used M, go for a M3, though for the price of a good quality M5, you could probably get a new M3. An e39 M5 is classic, but it's an outdated car. If you're looking for a 5 series, I'd suggest an e60 545/550. It's a little down on power compared to the M5, but it's overall a better car.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:07 AM
buletman

I was looking at a 2000 M5, as my price range is from 30-32k. I am moving to Cali in about 8 months, so I will be looking out there, at around that time, so I figure I will find a pretty decent one in that price range no problem. I do love the e60, but again, I do want that power, and I will be selling the car most likely within two years of purchase anyway, as I'm considering the Marines, or Peace Corps, or just going from place to place around the world, and a car would be pointless to have at that point.

I appreciate the comments, and will continue to do so if I have sparked anything in what I just said that inspires you to comment further .
Old 12-10-2005, 12:02 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about the accident. glad to see that you are alright.
i would go with the M5 or 2006 330Ci. the 325 is too slow and the
redesigned 3-series sedans don't really do it for me. but if you do
want to go with an "i" then get the 330xi. good all around with the
4wd.

good luck and be careful out there.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:04 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

btw... what is the monkey in your avatar pointing to? my three year old son saw
it and wanted to know.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:28 PM
buletman

It's the evil monkey from the television series "Family Guy"...I think he's pointing at Chris Griffin, but it's usually just a cut scene with the evil monkey from his closet, with him pointing.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:38 PM
roast

Glad everyone is alright.

This story definitely makes me squirm. Another wrecked Z due to bad drivers!! (in this case, two of them!!)

A: you missed the guy
B: you didn't have to drive off the cliff to do it
C: you hit the middle divider from which you initially swerved.

Even though the cop didnt fault you.... This has your fault written all over it. Given those parameters you should not have wrecked.

Losing control over a 350z due to oversteer is nothing more than inexperience/poor driving. The Z handles magnificently and mistakes such as these are a result of driver error.

The Z has crumple zones... you should have smashed the hell out of that guy before you did anything that could have sent you off a cliff. But since you decided to swerve(the natural choice), and you missed both the car and the edge of the cliff... that indicates you messed up when you cut back to the left. If you cut back to the left so hard that it caused you to lose control and hit the middle divider.... you very seriously overcompensated....and that's nobodys fault but your own. I know unexpected things can catch you off guard... but that's why driving is serious business and you should learn to drive better and/or pay closer attention to what you're doing when you're behind the wheel.

Nobody is so good they can't improve, so please don't take my comments as an insult.

**it happens. Again... glad everyone is alive. Sorry I sound like such a *****. Good luck with your future endeavors.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:56 PM
buletman

A. It was PITCH BLACK, He was COMPLETELY UN SEEABLE.
B. Didn't even know there was a cliff till I was sitting in the ambulance and saw the tops of trees.
C. I was going "a little over" the 65 mph speed limit, I don't care how great the handling is, I'm lucky that I walked away unscathed.

And you're right, you do sound like a *****, I'm 19, and I've never had to oversteer/countersteer while going that fast. I'm sure I sound like an *** for going fast at night in my car on a highway too, but whatever man, I'd like to see you in the situation. I know you'd say you'd fair just as well, but when I say I saw him JUST BEFORE I HIT HIM, I had NO choice but to swerve and try to regain control.

Hey, I'm getting a 2000 m5 out of the deal in 8 months, to be honest, more good than bad came from this accident.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:43 PM
HighwaySpeed

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by buletman
It's just not as practical as I would have liked it to have been...it's time for a sports sedan.

Pssst... '06 G35 With Sports Tuned Susp Pkg!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Another Z bites the dust. At least all of these Z's that are getting wrecked are protecting the drivers and passengers really well. Makes me feel really good about the crash protection.

Sorry for your loss.......
Old 12-12-2005, 12:33 AM
bigplayray

Originally Posted by Racer Z
Too bad that Deer aren't extinct...they're a USELESS animal.....No wonder they give hunters a license to kill when it comes to those dang animals.

hey stupid......deer have been a great source of food for many walks of life for a long long time. you should try to hunt one instead of running your mouth.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:20 PM
roast

A. It was PITCH BLACK, He was COMPLETELY UN SEEABLE.
Please tell me your headlights were on? You obviously saw him in time to swerve to miss him? Apparently he was more visible than you are leading on? Ok at the last second you saw him. I understand.

Didn't even know there was a cliff till I was sitting in the ambulance and saw the tops of trees
You didnt know there was a cliff??? Were you asleep??? Unless you are a very unobservant person, you were most likely driving on a road you had never been on, or else you would have known there was a cliff!! You're also admitting that the cliff had no bearing on your decision to yank the wheel back to the left!

I was going "a little over" the 65 mph speed limit
The fact you put "a little over" in quotations leads me to believe you were doing more than "a little over". I'm sure that's what you intended on implying, you just didnt want to come out and say it straight. What a great place to blast the speed limit. A road you had never been on in "pitch black" conditions.

And you're right, you do sound like a *****,
I'm well aware of that. You should realize the reason I brought that up is because I'm NOT trying to be a ***** even though it sounds like it. I'm simply trying to help you help yourself. God forbid you total another beautiful car. God forbid you hurt yourself. God forbid you end up dead or kill someone.

I'm 19, and I've never had to oversteer/countersteer while going that fast.
Please note where I said "Losing control over a 350z due to oversteer is nothing more than inexperience/poor driving." I was DEAD ON. You are a 19 year old kid. You are greener than grass. That should be evermore reason for you to shut up and listen. I am only trying to help you learn from your mistake. If you don't want my help you can tell me to **** off. No hard feelings. I'm the kind of "*****" that will offer help to anyone who looks like they need it. If it's not wanted you don't have to tell me twice.

So more about this "I've never encountered that". Welcome to the real world where unexpected things happen. As you get older you will encounter more and more things and your experience will grow. For instance. If you are in unfamiliar territory it's wise to learn the road before you attempt to own the road, especially at night when visibility is low. You could be coming up on a severe pothole. A deer could be crossing the road. The speed limit is there for a reason. Even if you know the road like the back of your hand there are still many random possiblities that you have to be prepared for.

Split second decisions on the road can mean the difference between life or death.

I'm lucky that I walked away unscathed.
You're damn right you are. I'm glad you're aware of that.

I'm sure I sound like an *** for going fast at night in my car on a highway too, but whatever man, I'd like to see you in the situation.
If you wanted to meet in real life I would be more than glad to show you how it's done. Considering this is the internet it might be hard to demonstrate, so I'm going to assume you weren't being serious. Speaking of sounding like an ***, I've hit the 159mph speed limiter more times than I have kept track. I've hung my Z around sweeping turns at 140mph. I'll be the first to say the car is way more capable than most people have *****. Best part is I've had my Z for almost 2 years now and it's still in one piece.

I know you'd say you'd fair just as well, but when I say I saw him JUST BEFORE I HIT HIM, I had NO choice but to swerve and try to regain control.
Who is to say? I wasn't there, and it wasn't me. I probably wouldn't have been driving that fast on a road I wasn't familiar with for starters. But even so, I can handle my Z to its butt puckering limits so it's pretty safe to assume I would have faired better than you did.

You didn't "lose control" when you cut the wheel to the right considering you were able to redirect the car back to the left. You just thought you lost control and freaked out. You "lost control" when you cut the wheel back to the left and spun into the divider. Considering you were physically able to do what you did, it was also possible to drive out of it.

This may sound funny, but the ps2 driving simulator aka gran turismo can help you learn how to better handle a cars dynamics at high speeds without risking anything in real life. It is not a substitute for real world experience, simply an aid.

I'm sure this accident slowed you down some. Rightfully so. Now you have time to think about your actions and what you could have done better. It will make you a better person, and maybe even a better driver.

Again... glad youre alive and uninjured. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Last edited by roast; 12-12-2005 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply: So...this is what $17,000 looks like... (NOT FOR THE SQUEEMISH)