2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The next Z redesign?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:53 AM
Never Mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe, gotta love those prices!
damn, cars these days are expensive!

MovingViolation, yeah I like the Avalon I don't mind a 4-doors car as long as it has some decent power! and the Avalon does.
of course the 350Z looks much better but as I said, "I am considering the options from various angles."
Old 12-01-2005, 06:53 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the Z's case, I don't think "redesign" is the correct term; more like "introduction of the next Z". Look at the history of the Honda Civic if you want examples of "redesign"; that car has been reinvented umpteen billion times, yet is still called a Civic. The Z does not follow suit. The 350Z is not a redesign of the 300ZX, it is a completely new car and renamed accordingly as the next Z car. As we've seen in the '06 model, a few minor tweaks were done, but it is still in every way the same car: a 350Z. If 2009 does indeed mark the time for change, what we will get is the next Z car; a new car with a new designation. This is how cars attain a more notable place in history, by not being reinvented constantly. You say you have a BMW 3 series and it could be any of a half dozen cars, but you say you've got a 280Z and you know exactly what it is. The Z car isn't one specific car, it's a ideal embodied in different cars introduced at different times as times change and technology advances. If you want to wait for the next Z car, fine, but the 350Z will (hopefully, if Nissan knows what's good for them...) never fall victim to being dated by a redesign.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Mr Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even adjusting for inflation that is a good price. In today's dollars that comes to $15,302. Of course, the car didn't perform as well either.

Originally Posted by thezedsled
1969 - The 240Z goes on sale in the U.S. on October 22, 1969. It features a 2400cc , 2.4 liter in-line OHC six-cylinder with two side draft SU carburetors, the engine produced 150 horsepower engine, and delivers a 0-60 time of under nine seconds. The only transmission offered was a 4 speed manual. The brakes consisted of solid front discs and rear drums -- all for a price tag of only $3,526.

$3,526! OMG...