Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Damn kids on Motorcycles!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 01:23 PM
AlphaPJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn kids on Motorcycles!!!!

So I have had my Z for about 1 week now...it has 450 miles on it, 06 Silverstone GT.

Some dumbass 17 year old on a motorcycle is not paying attention that cars ARE STOPPED AT A LIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! and he hits breaks, loses the bike and slides it into my rear bumper. It's not badly damaged, but I might need a new bumper, and definitly a new paint job.

The damage looks like a very large door ding in 2 spots, his bike is shattered in the front.

He is ok, once I found that out I verbally abused him until the cops showed up. I had seen him earlier behind me screwin around jumping on the pegs, weaving, etc. Now not all guys who ride motorcycles are punks, but damn man, 1 week old and 450 miles.

The worst part is, with the back-up at body shops from the hurricanes in SFL I can't get it fixed until April.

Last edited by AlphaPJ; 12-21-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:26 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. I swear, the legal age for a motorcycle license should be 25.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Time to get a aftermarket bumper! I hate punk a$$ kids on bikes as well. I own one and drive very responsibly. He's lucky he's not seriously injured or dead!

I would have requested an ambulance syaing my back is hurt or something. Make him pay and make his insurance get you a rental!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:02 PM
juliosuburban

Originally Posted by zand02max
Time to get a aftermarket bumper!
I checked for an AM bumper, none are out yet for the 06'. The bumper from the dealer is $326 and with labor and all, I could paint and install it for $625 everything included. Too bad your in FL . BTW, sorry about the loss.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

The 06 bumers are different than the previous years?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:20 PM
lightner22

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
I couldn't disagree more. It's not motorcycles, its the guy riding them. That'd be like limiting sportscars to 25 year olds. I do believe the licenses should be tiered like they are in Europe though. Start out on 250 or smaller for a year, then 500, then up to 1000 then open class. It is crazy that new riders can get a bike faster than any car w no experience and dealerships know how it will end and do it anyway. Tiered licenses arent a bad idea for cars either.
I've been riding since I was 17, I'm 27. Started on a 250 and rode it for several years. Plenty of peeps with egos thought it was too small of a bike, but they also call my R6 slow now. Go figure.

To the original poster, I know you are thinking damn motorcyclists...but be glad that idiot wasnt in a car or SUV or itd be time to go car shopping.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:26 PM
juliosuburban

The 06 bumers are different than the previous years?
Yeah. I checked on my estimating program, I use at the shop, and the bumpers are different from 05' to 06'. There is an AM bumper from Keystone for $241, but its up till 05'.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:34 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by lightner22
I couldn't disagree more. It's not motorcycles, its the guy riding them. That'd be like limiting sportscars to 25 year olds. I do believe the licenses should be tiered like they are in Europe though. Start out on 250 or smaller for a year, then 500, then up to 1000 then open class. It is crazy that new riders can get a bike faster than any car w no experience and dealerships know how it will end and do it anyway. Tiered licenses arent a bad idea for cars either.
I've been riding since I was 17, I'm 27. Started on a 250 and rode it for several years. Plenty of peeps with egos thought it was too small of a bike, but they also call my R6 slow now. Go figure.

To the original poster, I know you are thinking damn motorcyclists...but be glad that idiot wasnt in a car or SUV or itd be time to go car shopping.
I don't want to turn this thread into a debate, but cars are much safer than bikes. I know its the rider just as it is the driver, but there is more potential to get hurt on a bike, no matter what size. I am only 22 so its not like I am a grumpy old man or anything, but young kids are showoffs, plain and simple. The mentality that goes on with bikes and kids with the stunt teams and all of that stuff is a recipie for disaster. Same with cars and drifting, but kids can slam a 240SX into a barier trying do drift and walk away from it. That doesn't go over so well on a motorcycle. So my opinion stands.

Sorry for semi-hijacking your thread AlphaPJ
Old 12-21-2005, 03:10 PM
RED HOT Z

Umm I own a bike and I am very responsible but it was his dumbass fault. Very important to watch the road all the time especially on a bike.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:59 PM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, that had to scare the crap out of you when it hit. Sorry to hear bro. Go AFTERMARKET!!!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:33 PM
03performz

That sooo sucks. I'm so sorry. If you hadn't been staring at me in your rearview and braking prematurely, then I would have never hit you...just kiddin'. That really sucks man. I respect your zen-like restraint though. I would have beat him like there was no tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:50 PM
oo_snoopy

I hate squids.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm about to turn 23 I've had a Turbo 280ZX with front mount I/C running 15PSI at the age of 16, I then got a civic that I turboed to this day it makes 430WHP on pump gas (sold it) I then got an Audi A4. Then bought the 350Z at the age of 20.

I've also been riding street bikes for 4 years, I'm on my 3rd bike, none crashed, all sold for newer better bikes.

zero crashes, zero tickets,

I think a lot of it has to do with the parents buying their kids stuff.

I've paid for everything myself (other then the 280zX my dad gave me a loan that I PAID back)
Old 12-21-2005, 08:17 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

^^^Good for you. I never said that everybody that is under 25 with a motorcycle isn't responsible enough to ride, but there are enough of them that aren't to screw it up for everybody.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:40 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm about to turn 23 I've had a Turbo 280ZX with front mount I/C running 15PSI at the age of 16, I then got a civic that I turboed to this day it makes 430WHP on pump gas (sold it) I then got an Audi A4. Then bought the 350Z at the age of 20.

I've also been riding street bikes for 4 years, I'm on my 3rd bike, none crashed, all sold for newer better bikes.

zero crashes, zero tickets,

I think a lot of it has to do with the parents buying their kids stuff.

I've paid for everything myself (other then the 280zX my dad gave me a loan that I PAID back)
Not true. Im 21 and every car I have or had owned has been a gift, or atleast half. My 1'st car I did pay half for, but not the Z. Zero crashes for me, granted I have had a few tickets but nothing major. And to be honest I keep better care of my winter car than most people take care of their 100K+ sports cars. (The Z is spotless damn near 100% of the time) It has to do with maturity and responcibility, not if something was bought for you or you paid for it yourself. With that said there are kids out there that think "Oh well daddy bought it for me if I **** it up he'll buy me a new one" but then again maturity and responcibility. Some people have a more mature personality than others.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:59 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFaster
Not true. Im 21 and every car I have or had owned has been a gift, or atleast half. My 1'st car I did pay half for, but not the Z. Zero crashes for me, granted I have had a few tickets but nothing major. And to be honest I keep better care of my winter car than most people take care of their 100K+ sports cars. (The Z is spotless damn near 100% of the time) It has to do with maturity and responcibility, not if something was bought for you or you paid for it yourself. With that said there are kids out there that think "Oh well daddy bought it for me if I **** it up he'll buy me a new one" but then again maturity and responcibility. Some people have a more mature personality than others.
Let me reword this.

MOST people who have partents that buy them cars tend to abuse it. Not all but most. There are a few mature teens that are raised right, but they are few and far between.

What it comes down to is, most things in life when givin for free to someone, is not respected as much. When you work as a teenager for 2 summers straight to buy your first POS you really take pride in it and treat it like a $50K car.

Most local crashes involving teens are from 16-17 years old and driving a newer car worth $15K+

I see it time and time again.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:40 AM
350ztoronto

both my cars have been hit by ****ing cyclists first time on my accord one week old or something b1tch lands on my right fender at a traffic jam moron trys to manuvre thru on the right lane and slam, that my my first dent and its still here today, my Z
one month old another dumb *** girl on the right lane hits my right side window frig man that just hurts i just suck it up knowin that shiet like this could happen anytime
and it just sux
Old 12-22-2005, 01:02 AM
Z_Driver
Master

This type of accident sucks. I have owned many a motorcycle. I love them a lot. I just didn't want to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair because of some idiot that ran into me with a car like my friend. So, after quite a few close calls, I figured my number was up. Got rid of the bike and it helped to pay for the 350Z a couple of years back.

The original poster is actually lucky that this guy was on a bike. Because had he been driving a car the damage would have been much worse. So, you could look at the positive.

Hopefully, you helped the motorcyclist learn a lession to take it easy. You can't always control a vehicle on two wheels with oil and water on the road. You maybe saved his life down the road.

Anyways, I feel your pain .... good luck with the repairs.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:54 AM
AlphaPJ

Once we cooled down he was a nice enough guy, he was just being a punk screwing around on the bike, I know he was not paying close enough attention to the road.

It is a good thing that is was a motorcycle and not a car, and everyone is ok...so life goes on.

It did scare the **** out of me when he hit me because I looked back and there was nothing behind me. I was not aware that he was directly behind me when I stopped, as I had seen him screwing around a few lights back.

The most upsetting part, (motorcycle or car regardless) is that my car is tarnished. And what makes it worse is that I am driving it to my hometown for Christmas tomorrow and all my friends and family get to see my brand new car...with dents in it!
Old 12-22-2005, 05:04 AM
johnk024

Well, I hope he f*cked his bike up more than your car.

Quick Reply: Damn kids on Motorcycles!!!!