Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Are "confirmed delivery dates" bogus?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 03:08 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are "confirmed delivery dates" bogus?

(Now that I have your attention...)

I stopped by my dealership yesterday to shake the tree a bit and see if there was any news on my Z's delivery date or VIN number.

Like others, I have the dot matrix printout of my order number, but there's no VIN, nor a delivery date of anything more specific than September 2002.

My dealer is a family friend for eons, and I trust him very much. When I asked him about other people getting "confirmed" delivery dates, he said that was all baloney, and that Nissan has not given hard dates to any dealers yet. Odds were high that if a date was given by a dealer, it's strictly to keep the customer happy that he/she has a "confirmed" date.

Anyone else (maybe ZISME or RxO) have info to support this?
Old 07-01-2002, 03:11 AM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

yep, i think thats 100% true. My dealer is also a family friend, and he said the same thing.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:55 AM
ZGATOR

I agree. My dealer is also a friend. He has had absolutely no news from Nissan. I check with him regularly. In fact we seem to have info before they do. Waiting patiently for my car and football season.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:56 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by ZGATOR
Waiting patiently for my car and football season.
Ditto. This is by FAR my least favorite time of the year, when hockey and basketball are over, and football hasn't started up yet. So what does that leave for sports? F-ing baseball. Yawn.

In the meantime, if you hear any reputable info regarding delivery dates, drop a PM, and I'll do the same for you.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:03 PM
rai

Is there any point in me contacting my dealer? Should I just wait for a call? I mean I can't effect my delivery in a good or bad way can I?
Old 07-01-2002, 06:10 PM
Carterattorney

Talking

I ordered mine on 2/20/ and I have the Lim Ed. # 2289.. a Daytona Blue Enthu 6 speed.. THIS is so cool!!
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by rai
Is there any point in me contacting my dealer? Should I just wait for a call? I mean I can't effect my delivery in a good or bad way can I?
Rai:

I suppose that depends upon your relationship with your dealer. I'm fortunate that I'm good friends with my dealer, so I can always feel free to contact him for info (and can expect to get the truth, too!)

If you have faith in your dealer, by all means give him/her a call. I doubt there's anything that can affect your order if Nissan already has it.

If you need some real peace of mind, give NNA a call at 800-Nissan1 and open a ticket with them. They were helpful for me in the past.

- Chris
BILZ Z

My dealer is not a family friend, as a matter of fact I only met my salesman once. They've told me absolutely squat. Sooo, having your dealer as a friend has not done any good at all. What are friends for if they can't tell you when your Z's coming in??
Old 07-01-2002, 06:16 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by bgerber911
My dealer is not a family friend, as a matter of fact I only met my salesman once. They've told me absolutely squat. Sooo, having your dealer as a friend has not done any good at all. What are friends for if they can't tell you when your Z's coming in??
I wish my dealer had a crystal ball or a set of tarot cards to tell me when my Z's showing up!

The man's only as good as the info he's being provided or able to acquire. So far, he's tried every avenue possible, and can tell me with reasonable assurance that Nissan has NOT started handing out hard delivery dates yet.

That bit of truth alone is worth my friendship with him. Otherwise, I might have a totally bogetto date circled on my September calendar and be getting my hopes up for no reason.

(Imagine the follow-up conversations a few of these dealers are going to have to have, if my friend is correct. "Oh, did I say your car was coming TODAY? I meant NEXT week.")
Old 07-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Copat:

Can your dealer at least verify that he has received a shorter 'delivery window' for a small number of his dealerships' pre-orders?

My dealer advised me that they have a smaller delivery window (like a 4 week window - Mid August to Mid September) for 5 of their 20 preorders. Mine isn't one of the 5.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:31 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Scafremon:

I know I'm going to be one of the first ones out of the dealership, since I was the first order they submitted way back on January 12th . Thus far I've been told early September, which is good enough for me. I might not find out the exact date until a day before the car shows up, but that's fine with me! (I have PLENTY of on-demand sick days stockpiled for just such an occasion -- cough, cough.)

I don't want to stray too far from my initial post, though. I just wanted to see what others were being told about delivery dates. Seems that a lot of people have specific dates, which boggled my mind a bit as to how these folks got them.

Last edited by NSANY; 07-01-2002 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:43 PM
BigBadBuford

I was the first one to order at my dealership and my salesman told me late August/early September. He said nobody will have delivery dates until it is on a ship, although they will be able to give you a better idea of when it will come in after your car is produced.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:57 PM
rai

I went to my local dealer in april and was told no Z for me until Dec. So I went to an out of town dealer who told me Sep. Now my freind went to the local dealed 2 months after I tried them and they told him Sep. If he gets his car before me after ordering 2 monhts later I'm gonna be po'ed
Old 07-01-2002, 11:04 PM
KCZ

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer stock

I haven't ordered yet because I really want to see the car in person first. I asked my local dealer when they would have one and they were clueless. I was the first person who had even inquired about the 350Z, and they had not taken any preorders and did not know much of anything about the program.

I Emailed Nissan directly today and asked when and where to see a Z, and I was told that all the dealers would have them in the showrooms in August. I was very surprised--I thought I'd have to wait at least until Oct or November.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Scafremon

Default Re: Dealer stock

Originally posted by KCZ
I haven't ordered yet because I really want to see the car in person first. I asked my local dealer when they would have one and they were clueless. I was the first person who had even inquired about the 350Z, and they had not taken any preorders and did not know much of anything about the program.

I Emailed Nissan directly today and asked when and where to see a Z, and I was told that all the dealers would have them in the showrooms in August. I was very surprised--I thought I'd have to wait at least until Oct or November.
I'm not sure if your NNA contact is correct. I think Nissan still promotes the Z as being available in August. But I think most of us are under the impression that dealers wont have cars on their lots for sale until after the pre-orders have been satisifed. I don't expect pre-orders to be completed until October/November.

They may put a pre-order car in a showroom until the owner arrives to pick it up, but knowing how anxious we all are, I can't see the car sitting there for more than, 5 minutes?
Old 07-02-2002, 12:00 AM
KCZ

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly. That's why I was surprised when I got NNA's response, which clearly said I could see a 350Z in my dealer's showroom in August. Now we'll just have to wait and see if it's true or not.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:19 AM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

Talked to my dealer today and he said he knew when his first 3 cars are commin (forgot if he said sep or aug) but he had no idea of exactly when he is gettin the rest
Old 07-02-2002, 02:09 AM
CaneZMD

KCZ,

Don't trust whan NNA says on the phone, man.
As of last week, they told me that they had no record of anything being sent out about the Z to myself or anyone else. Apparently, some other NNA sent the packet that I received in the mail today.

I hope for your sake that your Rep was right, but in my dealings with NNA I have found them fairly useless as far as Z info.
Hope if works out for you, though.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:14 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

copat

This is MY favorite time of the year.

Have you ever heard of AUTO RACING?

Yes, I'm a junkie....I'm going to Road America this weekend to see the LeMans racers.

Can't wait!
Old 07-02-2002, 03:19 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by EnthuZ

Yes, I'm a junkie....I'm going to Road America this weekend to see the LeMans racers.
Ah yes, too bad my vice is rally racing, and the WRC makes me wait a month between races!!! (The SCCA makes me wait longer than that, even!)

Quick Reply: Are "confirmed delivery dates" bogus?