Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmm Varis Air Duct....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Kabs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmm Varis Air Duct....

I was looking around and was wondering how people get ahold of these. Can you only get these from japan?

Some other site did a group buy for these and came out to be around 115 bucks each. Was wondering if anyone may want to do a group buy here too.

I am kinda surprised that the only way to get them is to import the part from Japan. Wierd that nobody sells replica ones or has any instock.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Kabs

ooof found one for 200 bucks... kinda expensive =(
Old 01-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Hella

I have one on order with some vendor? Z1 maybe?

Anyway....was supposed to come in early December.....still nada. The guy said they show up when they show up. Great...........
Old 01-16-2006, 05:32 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Check the Varas homepage for U.S. dealers.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Tekwon-V

lol, i just got one few days ago from SPL parts. they had ONE in stock so i bought it quick. 149 shipped.

maybe i was expecting too much but the quality of the duct is not as UBER as i thought it was going to be. i see imperfections that are commonly seen in cheaper cf parts; uneven weaves, dust under the coat, etc.

but i still like it haha.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Kabs

thanks davidy... one of those poeple is selling them

133 so thats not bad...

and to the above poster.... damn you!!! U ARE LUCKY..... the site i saw it at says to wait 60-90 days for delivery... thats crazy =(
Old 01-16-2006, 07:41 PM
sfarrah

Originally Posted by Tekwon-V
lol, i just got one few days ago from SPL parts. they had ONE in stock so i bought it quick. 149 shipped.

maybe i was expecting too much but the quality of the duct is not as UBER as i thought it was going to be. i see imperfections that are commonly seen in cheaper cf parts; uneven weaves, dust under the coat, etc.

but i still like it haha.

I got mine from SPL also but didn't have any issues with the quality of the fiber or the finish. I did however get some black screws to replace the silver/chrome ones that came with it. IMO it looks better with the black screws. Either way I got mine for the purpose of getting cold air to the intake. I like the way it looks so that's just a bonus for me.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Kabs

the only prob i see is that water will now get into the filter easier and people can stick trash in there

any of those with this product have any compaints? or do you not drive when it rains
Old 01-17-2006, 05:41 AM
A_16

ive heard no rain will get in, and who puts trash there???
Old 01-17-2006, 08:20 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that is the case, what will stop people from putting trash in your exhaust or in your grill? That statement doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by Kabs
the only prob i see is that water will now get into the filter easier and people can stick trash in there

any of those with this product have any compaints? or do you not drive when it rains
Old 01-17-2006, 11:25 AM
sfarrah

Originally Posted by Kabs
I've had mine installed for over a year now and no complaints. I drive it daily, rain or shine. Water has not been a problem for me.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Kabs

"If that is the case, what will stop people from putting trash in your exhaust or in your grill? That statement doesn't make sense."

It makes sense... there are *******s that will throw crap into any hole.... My friend had a plastic bag shoved into his fart can on his civic =P

Jeallous people will do anything to another car.... they key cars... why not shove crap in them

Anyways thanks for the info guys... I need to save up some cash and ill prob get it =)
Old 01-17-2006, 10:49 PM
SeinZ

curious: Because this is allowing a lot of air to be forced at the intake, will this modification add to the horsepower gain of an intake such as a pop charger? If so how much? Thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 06:57 AM
sfarrah

Originally Posted by SeinZ
curious: Because this is allowing a lot of air to be forced at the intake, will this modification add to the horsepower gain of an intake such as a pop charger? If so how much? Thanks
It's pretty impossible to measure the performance gains of this mod, but I do give it credit as one of the power mods that helped me break into the 12's all motor.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:02 AM
RED HOT Z

I ordered and paid for mine about 6 months ago from some vendor on here but I forgot who. The last time I spoke to them about 3 months ago it was supposedly over the ocean but damn does it take that long.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RED HOT Z
I ordered and paid for mine about 6 months ago from some vendor on here but I forgot who. The last time I spoke to them about 3 months ago it was supposedly over the ocean but damn does it take that long.
You cant use it with the TN kit! The intake pipe coming off the turbo is in the way of the duct, and if you cut it to fit it will look HORRIBLE because you can see inside the duct from the outside. Trust me it wont fit I got a Varis air duct for X-Mas, put the kit on a few days later and noticed I guess I have to sell it....
Old 01-18-2006, 11:18 AM
RED HOT Z

AHHH crap that sucks I ordered it way before the I put the TN kit in. I guess I can sell it
Old 01-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would call the $hitty vendor you ordered from and cancel on the basis of a 3month wait with no updates. I know other companies have receieved stock of this product within the last 3 months. Try to get your $$$ back.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:22 AM
done12many2

Originally Posted by Alberto
You cant use it with the TN kit! The intake pipe coming off the turbo is in the way of the duct, and if you cut it to fit it will look HORRIBLE because you can see inside the duct from the outside. Trust me it wont fit I got a Varis air duct for X-Mas, put the kit on a few days later and noticed I guess I have to sell it....
Sell the Varis duct to me bro!! PM me and I'll buy it.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:18 PM
davidf

Got mine also from Spl but mine had no imperfections in fact the finish was perfect, grant it it serves really no great performance purpose, I get many compliments on that little thing.

Quick Reply: Hmm Varis Air Duct....