Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

¿July 3rd Announcement?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 06:46 PM
jk5598224

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ¿July 3rd Announcement?

Hey everbody where/what/how are we supposed to watch the 'announcement' tomorrow on July 3rd. I received my package, but everybody has indicated there is a embargo till the 3rd, so I am sure there is a media conference call, video. etc.... I have been checking NissanNews and NissanDriven but don't see any updates.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2002, 06:51 PM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

Default July 3rd

It'll be July 3rd (Greenwich)roughly 8 hours before it's July 3rd(eastern). Can't we go on Greenwich time for just today? Did I spell "Greenwich" correctly?
Old 07-02-2002, 07:00 PM
jeffw

Default Re: ¿July 3rd Announcement?

Originally posted by jk5598224
Hey everbody where/what/how are we supposed to watch the 'announcement' tomorrow on July 3rd. I received my package, but everybody has indicated there is a embargo till the 3rd, so I am sure there is a media conference call, video. etc.... I have been checking NissanNews and NissanDriven but don't see any updates.

Thanks.
I kinda think it will be anti-climatic. I don't think there will be an avalanche of information released. We've already heard reports that Motortrend and Road and Track do not have 350Z info in their August editions. We've already seen the Car and Driver article. There aren't many mags left after that. Maybe SCC and Automobile. Any others?

I think I recall that SportZ Magazine is going to put up a teaser article tomorrow, however the real article will be in the mag.

http://www.sportzmagazine.com/Z_Home.html

The Nissan News site might be updated with the same info from the CDROM: http://www.nissannews.com

Also, the main Nissan site might be updated in a similar fashion.

I'm sure we'll start to see a lot of newspapers with information but I bet the majority of articles will be rehashes of the press kits.

Might be a month before we start to see any real objective tests of the car. I hope to be proven wrong though!
--
Jeff
Old 07-02-2002, 07:16 PM
NiZZan
Charter Member #77

Default Recording Commercials...

We should start recording different channels. If Nissan releases a commercial about the 350Z one of us should luck into catching it on Tivo.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:18 PM
MatthewZ

Might make the cover of "autoweek".
Old 07-02-2002, 08:09 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Default Re: Recording Commercials...

Originally posted by NiZZan
We should start recording different channels. If Nissan releases a commercial about the 350Z one of us should luck into catching it on Tivo.
ZISME has previously stated that there won't be commercials until September.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:16 PM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

No it's Greenich or something like that....I usually check the spelling before I post so I won't appear stupid but really I am.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:18 PM
Flyingscot

I still want to know what all the fuss was about. If Nissan really intended to keep the stats a secret then I'm glad they don't run the CIA.

JmanZ, I remember a while ago you mentioned a 1hr phone call with a Nissan employee. You indicated in your post that you were told "why" it was so important to Nissan. Was there really some juicy reason related to the marketplace or was it just a perception that Nissan would attack your site?

I'm very curious about what drove Nissan to such lengths when apparently the rest of the world was marching forward with fresh info.

I know you gave your word given the information presented to you at the time, but, having witnessed recent events like the C&D article, the Motorweek show etc. etc. would you give your word again? After all, there's no dishonor in staying neutral.

Last edited by Flyingscot; 07-02-2002 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:46 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

No, its Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

This is the right spelling... why post an incorrect correction?

BTW, Eastern Standard Time (EST) is (GMT -5:00)

m
Old 07-02-2002, 09:03 PM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

I know why (my confusion). They always say "grin-itch" but it's spelled "green- witch". Thanks for correcting my incorrect correction correctly. Maybe I should switch to de-caf.

Redline/mt/touring
Old 07-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Jmanz, basically we all want to know, if your information going to be more than what we already known from the Nissan mailing?
Old 07-02-2002, 09:08 PM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

Exsilio: I just would like to see more pictures taken in different light at different angles. You're right, the specs are already out and as they beat the mess out of my '88NA I'm very pleased with that aspect.

Last edited by BILL T; 07-02-2002 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:34 PM
SeedyRom

I can field a lot of this in the meantime. You guys are semi-right in that we've already found a lot of the information out (thanks to some mighty fine screw-ups!). That being said, there is a little bit more information to be released...not too much since the meat and potatoes are already out.

However, the people that DID stick to the embargo (read: Not C&D) will be able to release their information. As a writer for SportZ Magazine I can tell you that we'll have the article up on the site as well as a 50mb video Test Drive of the car (and a 13MB smaller one for you dialup people). All the fancy exterior shots are best left for the big guys...we strap a camera inside and discuss some thoughts. There are some other things as well like the Autoweek video which I've already posted over at 350ZForum.com and the like.

There wont be any huge fanfare or anything, but a LOT more questions can be answered now and more reviews will trickle in
Old 07-02-2002, 09:35 PM
SeedyRom

Default Re: Re: Recording Commercials...

Originally posted by robbyn

ZISME has previously stated that there won't be commercials until September.
And he's right.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Sabre

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
No, its Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

This is the right spelling... why post an incorrect correction?

BTW, Eastern Standard Time (EST) is (GMT -5:00)

m
Actually, EST is -4:00 of GMT at the moment. I had to correct you.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:09 PM
NissaNZ

Lightbulb

Seedyrom, when is the video you're talkin about going to be available for download, tonight?
Old 07-02-2002, 10:14 PM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by TwinTurboZX
Seedyrom, when is the video you're talkin about going to be available for download, tonight?
The Autoweek one is up (mainly because it's not new info just a good review of the car...counters the C&D a bit). The SportZ Test Drive should be up literally the moment it is allowed to be by the embargo. I think that's 9pm Pacific, right?
Old 07-02-2002, 10:16 PM
jeffw

Originally posted by SeedyRom

The Autoweek one is up (mainly because it's not new info just a good review of the car...counters the C&D a bit). The SportZ Test Drive should be up literally the moment it is allowed to be by the embargo. I think that's 9pm Pacific, right?
Is that 9pm Pacific on July 2nd or July 3rd?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-02-2002, 10:20 PM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by jeffw

Is that 9pm Pacific on July 2nd or July 3rd?

Thanks,
Jeff
2nd. Today.

Quick Reply: ¿July 3rd Announcement?