Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodbye Peeps....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:40 PM
thunder0880

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye Peeps....

I sold my car the other day and today bought an 01 ws6 trans am with 28k miles. It was a great car minus the window motors acting crazy. I had it since dec 03, but now i need more than a two seater and love the performance of the ls1 motor. Especially the 340 lbs of tourqe, and the ability to get into the 12s with just minor bolt ons. The 350z has been very reliable car, considering the way i drive and i assume you all do too lol. I didnt ever have feathering so coming from an 03 i was pretty lucky. Good luck to you all.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:46 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The 350Z is far from the perfect car for all drivers at all times. You do what you have to. Maybe in a couple of years we will see you in a Z again.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Soccerprep205

Originally Posted by davidv
The 350Z is far from the perfect car for all drivers at all times. You do what you have to. Maybe in a couple of years we will see you in a Z again.
Wow im following your posts David. 2 serious 1's in a row. im j/p around.

POST SOME PICS OF THE NEW CAR!!! my friends dad has a black 1, sickkk
Old 02-14-2006, 05:54 PM
thunder0880

heres a quick one for now.....

Old 02-14-2006, 06:04 PM
bacalhau16

hey, i would have rather considered a G35 as a better alternative to the Z, but we all have our own tastes. Good luck with the car. That LS1 motor is beast, and those can be very fast with simple bolt-ons. Good stuff!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Luis_23

nice
Old 02-14-2006, 07:04 PM
BillZ_Fan

Good luck with your purchase.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:18 PM
taurran

At least it's fast.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
michaeljr6

nostrils.......gross
Old 02-14-2006, 09:19 PM
angelzhope720

How can you go from japanese perfection to american muscle? Yea those things are fast, good luck handling.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, those cars do handle pretty decently.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro194
Actually, those cars do handle pretty decently.
no they dont, trust me i owned one. i had zero confidence in mine on the tollway on the nice curves, felt like i was gonna fly off the side, scared the crap out of me a few times. raced a s2k once on teh tollway had him owned on the straightaway, lost it on the curves. damn fast though LS1's are no bs. sold mine cause GM is crap, the damn thing was falling apart otherwise i would have kept it. damn shame too cause i dropped 3k on the car the year before for alot of preventative maintainence. here is a list of stuff wrong with the car before i sold it and bought the Z. bad water pump, bad fuel pump, shaky windows (rattled when i drove with the windows down), shaky windows led to ruined tint job, squeak brakes, ac was going bad, clear coat on the spoiler peeling off, paint on the hood fading, rattling from the spare tire (techs could never get the damn thing secured tight enough for some reason), cheap leather cracking everywhere, button for the hatch release fell off, shocks were going (car got bouncy as ride at your local amusement park), spark plugs were shot, you thought the Z had paint chip problems on the front bumper, mine looked like someone took an automatic bee bee gun to mine for an hour or so, the plastic ***** off my power seat controllers broke and fell off, 2 out of the 4 rims were bent after hitting a minor pot hole, the hatch release took few tries to work, it also took 2 or 3 tries to get it engage while trying to close the hatch. did i mention the windows would rattle like mad when i drove with them rolled down? drivers side speaker was blown. both the right and left turn signals stopped working at one point, got them fixed only to have one of them fail again. hrmm.. thats all i can remember for now. GM can die a horrible miserable death for all i care. everything sucked but i still loved her, the motor was still running strong, at least they got that right. back seats? lol i guess if your friends and family are very short they could pass for seats of some kind. well my friend with the 01 WS6, i hope your batmobile holds up better then mine did! good luck!

Last edited by Nexx; 02-14-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Humm .... Nexx you must have gotten a bad one. The only thing I had to do to my F-Body is install Bilstein shocks, aftermarket pan hard rod, torque arm. That made my F-body handle almost as good as my 350Z. It's just bigger so it's not as nimble but handles flat on the track. You do have to at least get the phr or the car is a bit loose in the rear. $80 part makes all the difference in the world.

Since then, I have added a lot more suspension stuff to make the F-body handle even better without lowering it.

Of course when I get money to put into the 350Z suspension it will handle better than the F-body. But, there is always more I can do there as well. It's kinda like the more money you spend the better handling car you can get.

Stock for stock the 350Z is a better handling car. Just don't sell the F-body short. I have owned my F-body for 8 years. It does handle pretty good stock. It has a nice ride to it as well, IMHO.

thunder0880 - Enjoy your new ride. You can do a lot to a F-body for just a little dough. To get the same performance in a 350Z you have to spend 10's of thousands more. The nice thing about a 350Z is that it is great for getting groceries and such because it is small and easy to find parking etc...
The only thing that really sucks about the F-body is the big doors and those dang window motors that go out. I have been lucky mine have yet to fail. However, I do know a lot of guys that have had to replace the motors with ones from Autozone and they work faster and don't breakdown.

I plan on driving my F-body for many more years. There is nothing like raw power to get your juices flowing. Not having the torque in the 350Z is kinda a downfall. However, of course, I love my Z for many other reasons.

Here's my baby. It's not a factory Ram Air however, don't let that fool ya. I liked the smoother lines of the Formula myself:

Last edited by Z_Driver; 02-14-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:37 AM
thunder0880

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
nostrils.......gross
I like it better with it then without.

Originally Posted by angelzhope720
How can you go from japanese perfection to american muscle? Yea those things are fast, good luck handling.
ive always like the muscle sound but i will miss the z.

Originally Posted by nexx
no they dont, trust me i owned one. i had zero confidence in mine on the tollway on the nice curves, felt like i was gonna fly off the side, scared the crap out of me a few times. raced a s2k once on teh tollway had him owned on the straightaway, lost it on the curves. damn fast though LS1's are no bs. sold mine cause GM is crap, the damn thing was falling apart otherwise i would have kept it. damn shame too cause i dropped 3k on the car the year before for alot of preventative maintainence. here is a list of stuff wrong with the car before i sold it and bought the Z. bad water pump, bad fuel pump, shaky windows (rattled when i drove with the windows down), shaky windows led to ruined tint job, squeak brakes, ac was going bad, clear coat on the spoiler peeling off, paint on the hood fading, rattling from the spare tire (techs could never get the damn thing secured tight enough for some reason), cheap leather cracking everywhere, button for the hatch release fell off, shocks were going (car got bouncy as ride at your local amusement park), spark plugs were shot, you thought the Z had paint chip problems on the front bumper, mine looked like someone took an automatic bee bee gun to mine for an hour or so, the plastic ***** off my power seat controllers broke and fell off, 2 out of the 4 rims were bent after hitting a minor pot hole, the hatch release took few tries to work, it also took 2 or 3 tries to get it engage while trying to close the hatch. did i mention the windows would rattle like mad when i drove with them rolled down? drivers side speaker was blown. both the right and left turn signals stopped working at one point, got them fixed only to have one of them fail again. hrmm.. thats all i can remember for now. GM can die a horrible miserable death for all i care. everything sucked but i still loved her, the motor was still running strong, at least they got that right. back seats? lol i guess if your friends and family are very short they could pass for seats of some kind. well my friend with the 01 WS6, i hope your batmobile holds up better then mine did! good luck!
sorry to hear you had some things happen to your car. One on the things that I really like besides the performance is the t-tops. And from what i heard they dont leak. My friend who has a t/a says that his maybe would a little going through a high pressure car wash. I always wash my car myself so i wont have to worry about that. I have heard that the maintainence is expensive for the car at the dealer ship though.

Originally Posted by mecinoid
Humm .... Nexx you must have gotten a bad one. The only thing I had to do to my F-Body is install Bilstein shocks, aftermarket pan hard rod, torque arm. That made my F-body handle almost as good as my 350Z. It's just bigger so it's not as nimble but handles flat on the track. You do have to at least get the phr or the car is a bit loose in the rear. $80 part makes all the difference in the world.

Since then, I have added a lot more suspension stuff to make the F-body handle even better without lowering it.

Of course when I get money to put into the 350Z suspension it will handle better than the F-body. But, there is always more I can do there as well. It's kinda like the more money you spend the better handling car you can get.

Stock for stock the 350Z is a better handling car. Just don't sell the F-body short. I have owned my F-body for 8 years. It does handle pretty good stock. It has a nice ride to it as well, IMHO.

thunder0880 - Enjoy your new ride. You can do a lot to a F-body for just a little dough. To get the same performance in a 350Z you have to spend 10's of thousands more. The nice thing about a 350Z is that it is great for getting groceries and such because it is small and easy to find parking etc...
The only thing that really sucks about the F-body is the big doors and those dang window motors that go out. I have been lucky mine have yet to fail. However, I do know a lot of guys that have had to replace the motors with ones from Autozone and they work faster and don't breakdown.

I plan on driving my F-body for many more years. There is nothing like raw power to get your juices flowing. Not having the torque in the 350Z is kinda a downfall. However, of course, I love my Z for many other reasons.

Here's my baby. It's not a factory Ram Air however, don't let that fool ya. I liked the smoother lines of the Formula myself:
I was looking to get a firehawk at first but they are a couple of grand more than the trans am. I like the firehawks ram air, it looks clean, but ive always liked the ws6 look too.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Fletch69z

They're good cars and do handle better than regular cars in the twisties but it just depends on what you like better. If I could have anything I'd have a Skyline (just because it's a skyline), my Z (lightened w/ the Amuze CF kit and stripped on the inside) and a 71 Chevelle SS or 71 Charger RT for my loud, crazy power fix, . To each their own. Enjoy your new car!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:51 AM
thunder0880

i got back from RWTD in mobile the other day and with just a lid,headers, and a hooker muffler i put down 357 hp and 370 torque at the wheels. I ran 12.8 with a 2.1 60ft sunday. I was hoping on getting mid 12s with a decent lauch but Im happy with the power so far.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by thunder0880
i got back from RWTD in mobile the other day and with just a lid,headers, and a hooker muffler i put down 357 hp and 370 torque at the wheels. I ran 12.8 with a 2.1 60ft sunday. I was hoping on getting mid 12s with a decent lauch but Im happy with the power so far.
Are you running Drag Radials? If not get some and that will cut your 60' down some and get you into the 12.5's. If you are running them already make sure they are @ 15psi for the hook-up. You should cut at least a 1.9 once you get it down. You might also consider a air bag for the right rear spring that will gain you another .1 in the 60'. I'd also recommend a girdle for that thing if you have the stock ring and pinion in her. That will give about 30% added strength to those stock rear gears. They are only about $130 through Summit Racing. One other thing for under $50 get a manual/electric cutout for the exhaust. Install it right at the rear axle before it turns into the muffler. Straightens out the flow and adds even more HP.

Those are really good numbers for those mods. Don't you love the sound of that Hooker?
Mine sounds bada$$ and I get compliments on it all the time. Did you get the Hooker Aero chamber?

PM me if you want any further tips or advise.
I don't want to use up bandwidth on a 350Z Forum discussing this stuff. It might upset a few.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 03-08-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:02 AM
thrill350z

z looks alotttt better
Old 03-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Gators2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well enjoy bro!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:07 AM
thunder0880

Originally Posted by mecinoid
Are you running Drag Radials? If not get some and that will cut your 60' down some and get you into the 12.5's. If you are running them already make sure they are @ 15psi for the hook-up. You should cut at least a 1.9 once you get it down. You might also consider a air bag for the right rear spring that will gain you another .1 in the 60'. I'd also recommend a girdle for that thing if you have the stock ring and pinion in her. That will give about 30% added strength to those stock rear gears. They are only about $130 through Summit Racing. One other thing for under $50 get a manual/electric cutout for the exhaust. Install it right at the rear axle before it turns into the muffler. Straightens out the flow and adds even more HP.

Those are really good numbers for those mods. Don't you love the sound of that Hooker?
Mine sounds bada$$ and I get compliments on it all the time. Did you get the Hooker Aero chamber?

PM me if you want any further tips or advise.
I don't want to use up bandwidth on a 350Z Forum discussing this stuff. It might upset a few.

I was running street tires with the 2.1 60 ft. I here a lot of people cutting 1.9's on street's so I know a 12.6 is in grasp for sure. Yea I got the Aero Chamber, it sounds bad ***. One of my friends has the QTP electric cutout but he said his motors on the cutout would burn up. It would be nice to have the electric but I think im going to just get a regular one. In the next couple of months im thinking of getting a comp cam, and im sure i will need a clutch sooner or later.

Quick Reply: Goodbye Peeps....