2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

85 days left woo hooo

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 85 days left woo hooo

Is it may 12th yet? DAMN.

As the time is getting closer to D Day, I am really starting to think that I will end up buying a silverstone or silver alloy, instead of a redline. I don't know why but everytime I've ever had the option to have a red vehicle, I always think that's what I would love to own but I always end up with another color for different reasons.

I hate silver because it's what I have now and is everywhere but honestly it's the only real color I can actually picture myself owning.

Eghh it's just a freakin' color anyway right? Still the same car underneth.

At least I have 85 days to make up my mind for sure. Picking the damn color Z I want, has proven to be harder than deciding on what car to actually buy.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:34 PM
imseksy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah its the same car underneath... but the color adds some "kick" to it. when its not running or when you are at a stop light, the color accents the car. all Z's are great, but if you want to stand out from the ordinary, then get an unordinary color (blue, red, yellow, IF). silver isnt bad, but around here silver Z's are just as common as silver bmw 3 series. i have a blue one, only cause the car is so f*cking sexy that i just needed to get it in an out-of-the-ordinary color. its all preferance but thats my take on it.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:00 PM
StillAlive2029

i got silver because i am so @nal about it looking clean that if i had another color i would go crazy cleaning it every day of my life...silver is awesome because if you look real close the day after you wash it you can see the dust that would be visible on any othuer color but pretty much you cant see the dust unless its on the black parts or rear window. i love my silver
Old 02-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Swiffer

T-Minus 216 hours for me.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:51 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can relate to this. It is exactly what I went through before putting in my order. I knew two years ago that Z will be my next car, but the color? Damn that's a tough decision. I was indecisive (between SS and MB) even as I walked into the dealership to place my order.

I personally have never liked silver, even though it looks great on Z, as nearly every car on the road seems to have it. If my current car wasn't black, I would've probably gone with MB. But since I've always wanted a cliche'ic red sports car; and after comparing SS, MB, and Redline at the dealership; I chose Redline w/ charcoal leather and am 100% satisfied with that. It just looked and felt best to me. In the end, that's what it's all about.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Blue_Z

Whatever you do, DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT settle on the color. I had the same mentality that you did. That it's the same car underneath. But I had no idea that it would mess with me fully appreciating my car. If you go to my past posts you could tell what I really wanted:

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...63&postcount=1

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...3&postcount=48

anyways, my point is that I always wanted a blue car ever since Electron Blue Pearl came out in 1999 on the Civic Si. When I got my Interlagos Fire, it was mostly an impulse decision because they told me I would have to wait 3 months to get my DB. At the time, I was very happy with my IF. But, regardless of how cool it was, I couldn't stop thinking about how sweet my Z would be if it was blue. A lot of people told me not to get it because everyone has blue. But I didn't care, it's what I wanted and I realized I wouldn't be completely satisfied until I got the color I wanted. Sure, driving around was a blast! But whenever I'd be either walking to my Z or walking away from it.. I'd always keep staring back at it, somehow trying to convince myself that I chose a color I was happy with... but i wasn't. My case might've been a little extreme, cuz I ended up trading my IF in for a DB. I only lost a few G's but in my mind it was completely worth it because I don't have any regrets anymore. I am 110% happy. I learned the expensive way but my advice to you is if you're going to be spending XX amount of $$ on a car, you'd better be sure to get EXACTLY what you want. Anyways, happy hunting.

Oh also, another the reason why I didn't bother keeping Interlagos Fire was that the paint was waay too finicky. It had to be in JUST the right lighting, angle, part of the car, etc in order to get the cool copper/brownish color to show. But the other 90% of the time the car is best described as "barney purple", that's what I called it. The only time it looked good was either at night or during the sunset. High noon was the worst!

Last edited by Blue_Z; 02-16-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Uh.......yeah, what he said.

Make sure you pick the color you want. If you don't, you'll hate yourself and end up calling an anti-suicide hotline.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Chad68

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
^ Uh.......yeah, what he said.

Make sure you pick the color you want. If you don't, you'll hate yourself and end up calling an anti-suicide hotline.

Yes and knowing my luck they would put me on hold too

I have always dreamed of the classic red sports car like the other guy did but I just keep picturing me owning and liking the boring a$$ silver. It's just so easy to keep clean since it will be outside 24/7.

I just can't figure out 100% either way which color I would regret more, if any. Would I be bummed that I got a redline knowing that it attracts too much unwanted attention or would I regret silver because 90% of the other cars on the road are silver??

Stand out maybe too much

or

Maybe blend in too much.

In the end I like the car for it's performance and overall looks inside and out and the damn thing looks nice in all colors no matter how common or uncommon the color. Somebody once mentioned in here that red is a lot of color to look at every day of the week and he might have a point. The classic red sports car sounds romantic or whatever and looks hot but to look at it every day could be bit much after a while.

Last edited by Chad68; 02-17-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Chad68

God I am one impatiant **** 85 days HA. My brain never stops crunching numbers trying to find ways to get the car sooner. Now I have a way to possibly swing it in 6-8 weeks, instead of 3 months.

If it weren't for the F$#ing 2 G's I owe in taxes, I could buy it next month
Old 02-17-2006, 02:31 AM
taurran

Go with redline, you wont be disappointed.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:59 AM
Chad68

YES!!!

Hehehe I know I could figure out a way to move up that date. IRS be damned I found a way I can buy the car on the 17th of next month!!!:icon38

4 weeks is way better than 3 months. I suck at math but even I know that less is sometimes better.:

All thanks in part to a 0% APR card good for 12 months.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:48 AM
whoaishjustin

yea i get my 06 enthusiast around april 10th..took me a long time to choose what color i wanted and i finally ended up with silverstone....everyone told me black was the hardest to keep clean, an alot of people around here have silver, so i just ended up with silverstone..good luck to you
Old 02-17-2006, 11:01 AM
loquitoy2k

I'm in between silver or Silverstone........ i think this is the hardest decision ever...
Old 02-17-2006, 09:30 PM
whoaishjustin

silverstone always looks good on anycar...too many silver out on the streets today.....ok bye
Old 02-17-2006, 10:18 PM
lax91181

Originally Posted by Chad68
YES!!!

Hehehe I know I could figure out a way to move up that date. IRS be damned I found a way I can buy the car on the 17th of next month!!!:icon38

4 weeks is way better than 3 months. I suck at math but even I know that less is sometimes better.:

All thanks in part to a 0% APR card good for 12 months.
I think a banker just blew his load, you are the credit industries wet dream. Don't put payments on a credit card 0% APR or not, wait till you can afford the car. 2 extra months is better than bad credit for the rest of your life.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Z_Driver
Master

I chime in again with a picture of my Silverstone. I just love the color.

Here's a picture of the way it will look in a couple of months:

However, I have been starting to like the Le Mans Sunset a lot lately with black interior.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:34 PM
bamyi

They didn't have a PPW in with the trim and price I wanted, so I went with CS. I kick myself in the *** everyday and everytime I see a PPW.

Go to the Photo section. In there, there is a thread for every color. Good luck!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:17 AM
loquitoy2k

just changed my mind.... I want blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 03:14 AM
Z_Driver
Master

I think the Z looks good in all colors:

However, there is a lot more silver Z's than Red ones. I would like to see a few more on the road in red.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Chad68

Default It just keeps getting better and better!!!

Holy crap THANK YOU IRS!!! Never thought I would be happy to write them a freakin' check but...

I asumed my taxes this year would be similar to last, that I would owe about $2,000 again but I just did them checked and double checked them 8 times and mailed 'em off.

WRONG

I only owe $265 this year for both Fed and State

Now I will be buying it on the 10th!!! Less than 3 weeks away

Now I don't have much time to pick the damn color.

I decided on no redline. Looks sick but it's just not me.

It's bewteen silverstone and Daytona blue.

I am very strongly leaning towards Silverstone, which I'm fairly certain will be the color I will end up buying, In all it's boringness. Definatly just between those 2 colors.

I can't help it, Silverstone is just the color that works best for my needs all around. Now I will have a almost matching truck to go with the Z. Kinda like book ends.

I'm so happy I'm about ready to puke

Last edited by Chad68; 02-18-2006 at 01:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 85 days left woo hooo