2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Recall Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 08:49 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recall Question

So I got my recall notice in the mail today. My problem is my local dealerships don't like me very much. One of them even voided the warranty on my car. they wouldn't even take care of my rearview mirror when it broke. Can they refuse my recall service now. Now, even if they agree to fix it I'm worried there gonna screw something up in the return system. I just don't know what to do. Any ideas/imput?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Ztalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to another dealer if i was you, even if it means driving 50 miles out of town.
Back in 2002, i took my Jetta in for service, some grease monkey managed to put two big flat head screws in my rear tires(brand new Dunlop 9000)...even though i couldn't prove it at the time i knew it was them. The tires went flat after i got home.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:51 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

maybe I'll try the dealership in Tampa that I know is mod friendly. But they question is since the one dealership voided my warranty does anyone have to honor the recall notice?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:51 AM
SSZVirginia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did they void your warrenty? I would think your mods would have voided it anyway. (at least on the motor). If you are talking about the fuel hose recall I would expect they still have to fix it.

Last edited by SSZVirginia; 03-03-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:54 AM
mchong75

Take a stroll to the dealership at late night and spray paint all their new models for being a DICK! LOL

Just a recommendation, but it’s not mandatory. LOL
Old 03-03-2006, 09:59 AM
MustGoFastR

You might want to look in to just how invasive (extremely) the procedure is before going i for this voluntary recall. I'm going to take my chances rather than have them tear into my car like that.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:06 AM
milanista

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
You might want to look in to just how invasive (extremely) the procedure is before going i for this voluntary recall. I'm going to take my chances rather than have them tear into my car like that.
+1. I'm not yet sure whether my car is affected by the issue, but even if it is, I'll take my chances and keep everything as is.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:25 AM
ANXIOUZ

In my experience, recalls are unrelated to warranty coverage. Even with a voided warranty Nissan needs to fix the recall per NHTSA regulations.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:38 AM
TEF

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of the forum members refer to this as a "voluntary recall." However, the recall notice from Nissan indicates that this recall is in accordance with NTSB requirements. Therefore from that language, one might assume that this recall was mandated by the Government and not voluntary on the part of Nissan. If on the other hand, a "voluntary recall" means that the customer is free to have the work done (or not), then wouldn't that be true of any recalls. After all, no one ever faces with jail time, if he or she refuses to respond to a recall manufacturer's notice. The only downside to not having the work done (after being formally notified by Nissan) might be a legal one. Should one's car burn up because he or she ignored the recall notice, would that person have any legal recourse against Nissan?

My car is in the group with this problem and I too have reservations about any dealership completing the work without screwing up the car for good. Somehow, those defective rubber hoses don't seem like that large a problem.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:45 AM
MustGoFastR

I got the letter in the mail yesterday. It is phrased on it as a voluntary recall.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:05 PM
03track

warranty should not have anything to do with a recall....but i would still take it somewhere else since "they hate you"
Old 03-03-2006, 12:13 PM
A. Hubbard

I am going to take my chances on the recall. I don't trust any dealer with the work that is included in the recall.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:25 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I received my recall today, but am not going to rush to have the work completed. I want to see the results (and horror stories) after other members have had the recall completed.

37,000 miles and I am not leaking gasoline.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Ztalker

same here......the work involved for them to replace those few hoses might just cause more harm to the Z.... IMO. It might never be the same if it was butchered like that. Remember the old saying ...."if it ain't broke ..don't fix it." or .." the operation was a success ...but the patient died."

Last edited by Ztalker; 03-03-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:18 PM
davidf

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
So I got my recall notice in the mail today. My problem is my local dealerships don't like me very much. One of them even voided the warranty on my car. they wouldn't even take care of my rearview mirror when it broke. Can they refuse my recall service now. Now, even if they agree to fix it I'm worried there gonna screw something up in the return system. I just don't know what to do. Any ideas/imput?
You never really said WHY they don't like you, surely not because of modds. what did you do?
Old 03-03-2006, 05:59 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Originally Posted by davidf
You never really said WHY they don't like you, surely not because of modds. what did you do?
For those that are asking. I know my motor and tranny have no warranty and I don't expect a warranty on them. I went it because my review mirror broke. It was strange it just snapped off while I was going down the road, really freaked me out. So I went in and asked for a new mirror. They pretty muched laughed @ me. They were like "look @ your car, you don't have a warranty." I tried to explain that I'm not asking for a new motor here or even anything mechanical, I want a new freaking mirror. I asked how all mods mods affected my mirror. No answer. As this is going on their typing all kinds crap on there computer voiding my warranty. It wasn't pretty I think I know more about the car than these idiots. Just a bunch of idiots @ the service department, @ least the parts guys are cool as hell.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:02 PM
MustGoFastR

Report them. That's illegal.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:10 PM
seabass

recall notices must be performed on your car. they cannot refuse the work. I would also call nissan about your mirror.

I had a used 88' z which I bought for $1800 and took in for a fuel injector recall (95,000 miles 9years old). New injectors and new fuel system hoses.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:17 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Originally Posted by seabass
I had a used 88' z which I bought for $1800 and took in for a fuel injector recall (95,000 miles 9years old). New injectors and new fuel system hoses.
Sweet!
Old 03-03-2006, 07:12 PM
mickey99us

Report them. That's illegal.
agreed the dealership cannot void the warranty someone around here posted about how you have the right to modify you car without the dealership giving you crap, i have the paper somewhere around here but to lazy to find it.

Quick Reply: Recall Question