2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Tay350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nooooooo!!!!!!!!

I was driving home just an hour ago. It was real dark outside you know. So a racoon runs out in front of me and I hit it. I assumed there might be some blood on my car and nothing else. I get home, check it out, and my front bumper is completely split in half! Thank God for full coverage insurance but I am still upset to see the Z wrecked. But hey my bumper was scratched up and I guess this will get if fixed now, but still bummed none the less.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:06 PM
CFaddict350z
Banned

dude i feel for your, but mine is worse,, i split my Carbon Creations NISMO full CF front bumper in half on a damn fox!!!!!! fox is def hotter than a racoon!!! then when I got the front off the next day A dear ran into my driver fender,,,, so now I drive slow as hell with my full Carbon Creations carbon bumer, fenders , hood, sides , and rear!!!! but actually the 3rd day i had the full kit on,, i hit and killed another fox!!!! i mean what are the odds,,, but this time i just ran him over with the outside of my right front tire,,,,,unbelievable,,, 2 rare foxes down the drain!!! sorry to hear about your ride man,,,
Old 04-10-2006, 07:07 PM
upperguy

sorry to hear about it but it seems like a good time to toss on a new bumper, maybe something sexy like the full nismo front
Old 04-10-2006, 07:28 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I be-headed a Possum with my 2G Eclipse one time.. White care with Blood EVERYWHERE and the HEAD WAS (well most of it) was caught in the Intake!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Whats with you Z guys running over wildlife? Killing foxes, beheading racoons? WTF? I have a lifted Grand Cherokee with a ARB bullbar, im sure if i hit a fox the damn thing would explode from the impact.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 PM
vallejomaan

<<<---deheaded a jack rabbit at 100mph no pretty =( for my car
Old 04-10-2006, 10:30 PM
bOmberO_Z

I used to havea civic, and it was like 5 inches off the ground. I could bearly get my foot underneath it. It was a total show car... Anyways, I hit a dog that I could see over the hood and went to look at my front fender and there is blood all over, but no sign of the dog anywhere. I get my jack and look underneath, NOTHING! ! ! I look around and don't see anything! WTF!! Did it just explode? I have no idea...
Anyways, sorry to hear about that, just thought it was a good time to tell my story too!
Old 04-10-2006, 11:00 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

sounds like what happened to me couple months back.. cept i hit a beaver or a jack rabbit.. huge as bucktoothed animal.. had to pay 500 for deductible.. then coupla days ago, i hit a stupid torn tire on the highway and scuffed my new bumper..
Old 04-11-2006, 12:28 AM
highside107

Originally Posted by Tay350z
I was driving home just an hour ago. It was real dark outside you know. So a racoon runs out in front of me and I hit it. I assumed there might be some blood on my car and nothing else. I get home, check it out, and my front bumper is completely split in half! Thank God for full coverage insurance but I am still upset to see the Z wrecked. But hey my bumper was scratched up and I guess this will get if fixed now, but still bummed none the less.
I would consider NOT filing a claim with your insurance company if I were you. What's your deductible? $500? Might cost a little more than that to buy a new bumper and have it painted, but insurance companies really know how to raise your rates if you file a claim with them.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:30 AM
cessna

Ha! I have you all beat!
I hit a skunk, and the smell lingered for over 2 months!!!!
I wish it had only been a new front bumper!!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:33 AM
TreeZ

can we have a moment of silence for all the brave animals that gave their lives in the name of speed. . . thank you, play ball!!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:07 AM
maxpowers

All of you could have avoided this for just $6.99.

These things actually do work and are a staple among those that live in more rural parts of Canada/US.

There is also a cheaper non electronic whistle version that hides under the bumper.

EDIT: Oops forgot to attach the link.

http://www.petacatalog.org/prodinfo.asp?number=AT376

Last edited by maxpowers; 04-11-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Zincognito

Originally Posted by maxpowers
All of you could have avoided this for just $6.99.

These things actually do work and are a staple among those that live in more rural parts of Canada/US.

There is also a cheaper non electronic whistle version that hides under the bumper.

Sorry, i just find it funny how some people believe the $hit they hear or see on TV is real.

G
Old 04-11-2006, 08:29 AM
MeetJoeAsian

damn...sorry to hear dude....one time I was leaving a buddy's house around midnight, and I was driving home when I rolled down my window and saw a deer running along side INTO my car as if he was running next to me trying to cross me...I was like WTF and veered my car right and braked, and he crossed in front of my car and ran off...
Old 04-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Category5

I hit a racoon on my bicycle, fell and broke my collar bone. It must have weighed about 30lbs...my bike only weighs about 18lb.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:59 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Category5
I hit a racoon on my bicycle, fell and broke my collar bone. It must have weighed about 30lbs...my bike only weighs about 18lb.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:23 AM
maxpowers

Originally Posted by Zincognito
Sorry, i just find it funny how some people believe the $hit they hear or see on TV is real.

G
Sorry......I'm not sure if you read my post after i put the link in. But these things have been in use for decades, it works on the same principal as a dog whistle.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 AM
NismoNitsuj

Yeah, elk whistles work. Don't be a d*ck.

Anyways, I hope they don't charge you embetterment on your bumper. Most adjusters won't, but some do. I don't know how it works in Ohio though.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:14 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by NismoNitsuj
Yeah, elk whistles work. Don't be a d*ck.

Sorry to tell ya guys but that product only works with Deer, Elk, and Moose.
I've hit countless "small" animals (in fact a groundhog last night) while driving my mom's Volvo (Only her car has it installed) and have never hit any "bigger game" with it... (or seen any while driving it for that matter.)

Its funny, because my G dosent have it, and I seem to have close calls every other week or so.... And seem to see more of them (Deer mainly).....
Old 04-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Kanyon71

I ran over a big racoon on a highway here about 1am one night in my old 2001 VW Passat. I was doing about 65-70, I tried to go around him but he turned and ran right in front of me. Made some nasty noises and such as it rolled and thumped under my car. Well car seemed to be ok so I drove off the freeway and into a restaurant. Looked at the car and it only looked like the front lower bumper was messed up. So I went into the restaurant to get some food with my girl, we come out and leave and the car starts to overheat, I pull into a gas station and there is radiator fluid coming out.

I have the car towed and my insurance company sends out someone to look at it. Ended up being $2700 in damagae as it killed the bumper cover top and bottom, the fiberglass core support, ac condensor, oil cooler, radiator and some other stuff.

Freakin thing was NASTY to say the least.

Quick Reply: Nooooooo!!!!!!!!