Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I am thinking about buying a 350z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 10:03 PM
tnu55555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am thinking about buying a 350z...

Can you people who drive a stock or semi stock 350z tell me how you like your car? Give me the good and the bad.

Right now I am driving a 2000 focus zx3 which I put a few grand in to make it pimpin. I plan on selling it soon and am thinking about getting on of these shortly...

Mainly how are audio instlations? Pain in tha ***?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:58 PM
NzZ

Has been a great car over the last few years. I have an 03 so there were a lot of TSBs performed but they have taken care of almost all of my problems. The motor is the best part of this car (powerful, smooth, sounds great), the tranny the worst (notchy, noisy). This car has a lot more space than people make it out to have - just yesterday i fit one large and one mid-size roller bag in the trunk w/o problem. A lot of people criticize the Z's interior, I personally have not been disappointed with it - sure I wish it was nicer, but it's about the sale caliber as an s2k or an Rx8. If you want a car that's fun to drive in the city (b/c of torque) as well as on a winding road, I don't think there's another sports coupe this good in this price range. Add to that great fuel economy, crash test results, a legendary name, and great styling...and you have a pretty cool car.

NzZ
Old 04-21-2006, 12:05 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it sucks, its a money pit, dont buy it! Get a Kia
Old 04-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ I agree Kia is much better IMHO
Old 04-21-2006, 12:27 AM
paulsmansfield

my only problem is the plastics in the cabin are way too cheap for a £26000 ($46000)* car, other than that, can't really fault it.

*i know their cheaper than that in the US but UK prices are higher
Old 04-21-2006, 12:39 AM
r26

Originally Posted by paulsmansfield
my only problem is the plastics in the cabin are way too cheap for a £26000 ($46000)* car, other than that, can't really fault it.

*i know their cheaper than that in the US but UK prices are higher
i take apart cars everyday. believe me, the plastic is not cheap. that is a misconception. they just don't add fancy coverings to the plastic like other car companies.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:10 AM
tnu55555

Originally Posted by NzZ
Has been a great car over the last few years. I have an 03 so there were a lot of TSBs performed but they have taken care of almost all of my problems. The motor is the best part of this car (powerful, smooth, sounds great), the tranny the worst (notchy, noisy). This car has a lot more space than people make it out to have - just yesterday i fit one large and one mid-size roller bag in the trunk w/o problem. A lot of people criticize the Z's interior, I personally have not been disappointed with it - sure I wish it was nicer, but it's about the sale caliber as an s2k or an Rx8. If you want a car that's fun to drive in the city (b/c of torque) as well as on a winding road, I don't think there's another sports coupe this good in this price range. Add to that great fuel economy, crash test results, a legendary name, and great styling...and you have a pretty cool car.

NzZ

Hrmmm what is bad about the cabin? I enjoy custom stereos in my car and a comfortable ride... (seat)
Old 04-21-2006, 08:22 AM
zpeedDemon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get a base model for $26,000. For that kind of money I think the interior is sub par for the price. If you want luxury and more refined interior go for the G35 and it will give you a nicer interior but for $9,000 more.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Ztalker

performance wise the Z and the boxter S are the same but the latter costs twice as much....i buy the Z and save 30k$ in a heart beat.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine about a month ago(06 base 6 speed) and not to be a homer or anything, but it's the best bang for your buck.....and those who complain about the interior, go buy a sedan if you want luxury, the Z is nothing short of a production "sports" car....looked at the the interior of a production F-40 lately, hmmmmm.....not much in there.....same premise....
Old 04-21-2006, 12:38 PM
IronMedic

no thinking involved...just buy one!
if u want a luxury interior and such, get a G35 coupe. the Z is a performance/fun machine. i love the interior setup of the Z. i can reach the radio controls easily. the cabin feels nice and cozy. i love this car to death. i have owned this thing 1 week and i already did over 500 miles of fun driving. i cant stop driving it. i have a roadster so audio gear is gonna be kinda hard. i am not a big audio fanatic anyways. i am looking to do a touch screen and consider some focal speakers for the doors. the bose system inside this isnt too bad as it is.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:06 PM
danvain

I love mine. Had an aftermarket stereo system put in. The amps (2) and the capacitor are hidden nicely under the rear platic farings. I did have to use two small boxes for the subs, but I still have enough room to carry several bags of groceries in the back.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by Z_freak
I got mine about a month ago(06 base 6 speed) and not to be a homer or anything, but it's the best bang for your buck.....and those who complain about the interior, go buy a sedan if you want luxury, the Z is nothing short of a production "sports" car....looked at the the interior of a production F-40 lately, hmmmmm.....not much in there.....same premise....

also check out the skeleton interior of the Lotus Elise....a bare bone pure driver's car......well, at least the A/C works ten times better in the Z. The Lotus costs 20k$ more and nobody's complaining.

Last edited by Ztalker; 04-22-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:51 PM
wilric44

Default Beware

I have to behonest this is a great car. I have an 05 touring. Warnings, do not get an 5AT. Be expected to see a $18,000 decrease the next year. Paid 40gs for mine last year, trade in today is 23gs. So as mentioned earlier purchase the base model. If you plan on upgrading to FI, but an used one with less miles.

The car is quick and with FI I hear it is a pleasure to ride. I am doing my upgrades gradually since I can barely say in one place to enjoy it. If I could do it over again I wouldpurchase a base model since I am upgrading. Drove a Corvette yesterday and it was just to damn loud and rough at wide open throttle. guess I am use the Z. Save some money and get the base model.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:49 AM
CaliforniaZman

My 06 (Base) is a week old and I love it. I would have upgraded but I like doing mods myself and the California heat and leather interior just doesnt mix well.

I have just added an aftermarket spoiler and a sound system is going in this coming week. I am looking at the Nismo suspension package going in within the next month. I love the ride I keep thinking of places to go just so I can drive the car!

Get the base model if you like to mod things on your own you can take the extra 7k to 9k and mod the crap out of it yourself.

Definitly worth every penny.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by wilric44
Be expected to see a $18,000 decrease the next year. Paid 40gs for mine last year, trade in today is 23gs

Anytime you trade in a car your going to get hosed... Always better to sale it yourself, you will always get atleast $3-$5k more then trade in.

BTW, how did you pay $40k for a touring coupe? I pad $38k for a new Touring Roadster... Sounds like the Dealership hosed you on the new puchase as well on the trade in...

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 04-22-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:14 PM
181 BluZ

Well The Z is probably one of the best cars you could get for under 40k... Great looks... Great Handling... Good fuel economy... It has a lot of power... The first time I drove my Z is actually scared me...

Now then the bad things... It stands out too much in a crowd...(police... Had the police follow me home many times...)... You get a lot of people trying to race you... (had over 8 cars flash their headlights at me over the past month)... then also the fact that you only have 2 seats... The 2 seats part is sometimes the worst... Even if you think you would never really need to carry more than 1 other person... stuff comes up and it gets annoying...

Sometimes the 2 seats factor is a really good thing... You have a nice excuse to tell people you really don't like to give them rides...

All of these are IMO...
Old 04-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Dubai

dont buy a Z, we need less of them on the roads.

J/K

good luck with you research!

Quick Reply: I am thinking about buying a 350z...