Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ac

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Z_rican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac

I am no mechanic. Today I turned on my AC for the first time, and the AC does not get cold at all. I dont know what the problem is. I have never turned it on before. I have a 2003 Touring with 57,000 miles on it. I bought the Z used of course. I dont have a lot of money to spend on this. Can anybody give me some pointers? Maybe help out with a little trouble shooting? I looked at some fuses labeled ACC I dont know if that has to do with the AC or not but they were fine. Please help any info would be apreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:50 PM
elsensei

locate the a/c compressor under the hood. Start the engine, then turn on the a/c and check under the hood to see if the a/c compressor is turning. if so, you can rule out electrical issues. If not, check the fuses.

If it is turning when on then more than likely all the refigerent has leaked out if it is not getting cold at all. could be a bad line, rock hitting the condensor, etc. At this point you will probably want to take it to an a/c shop for an exact diagnosis.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:01 PM
NissanZfan

Did you push the A/C button that is located on the speed control dial? (hopes that would be a quick fix)
Old 05-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Mathys

Originally Posted by Z_rican
Today I turned on my AC for the first time, and the AC does not get cold at all. I dont know what the problem is. I have never turned it on before.

Maybe that is the problem, as it is recommended to use the AC once a month. Just to have the system working for a while. Maybe there is hardly any AC fluid left? Check if the AC compressor is working, if it is, get a AC refresh treatment somewhere. That might help.