Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

victim of hit and run!!! im hurting bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 10:28 PM
350ztoronto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

piece of shiets, i had my fender hit half as bad 2 weeks ago, my deductable is 1000 cnd, i think in your case since the damage is so big you might have to shell out the 500 and get some NICE aftermarket fenders i did all 3 of the suggested actions

1)i ebayed and found that it would roughy cost 400-500 for one side painted
2)rebuilding it is OUT OF THE QUESTION it costs more to rebuild then buy a new oem factory one =(
3)pay the deductable and get some aftermarket fenders (amuse, ings)

hope that helps
sorry for your loss im pretty sure your face looked like mine when you saw your baby
Old 05-14-2006, 11:25 PM
New2350

Originally Posted by Netko350Z
I guess Zaino isn't that good on dents...

I would have to concur.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Kanyon71

Originally Posted by Black_Sunshine
You own a ~$30,000 car and you can't afford $500 for your deductible? WTF?
You like to throw away $500 because someone did something stupid and then couldn't own up to the fact that they did it? $500 is a lot of money to just throw away, especially when you have other bills on top of it. Maybe you like to throw aay money but I know I work hard to have nice things.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:34 AM
NightRida

I think your missing the pont!!!
Why are you trying to fix it yourself? Did you call the police and report the incident? Get a police report made and then look for the same color car that hit you! Take pics, confront this person and all the cars parked in this area are for your job area only right? Be brave and call your whole office out! Tell them you want to know who hit your ****ing car! Grow some *****! Get the point?
Sorry about the car man, I feel your pain!
Peace!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:46 AM
stein

Unisured motorist (if you have it) ded shouldn't be more than $200!

(section 1 paragraph 5)
"... An uninsured motor vehicle is a motor vehicle which either has no liability insurance coverage or is operated by a hit-and-run driver. By law, your automobile insurance policy automatically must provide uninsured motorist coverage of $15,000/$30,000/$10,000. All uninsured motorist coverages provide for a $200 deductible for property damage claims."

see https://www.doi.sc.gov/Eng/Public/bu...ulletin991.asp
Old 05-15-2006, 10:13 AM
horse110

find out who and make him/her pay or bring a baseball bat and do what you'd like to do
Old 05-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 984 Likes on 747 Posts

stein, thanks for the info!!! im going to print that out and bring it to the insurance office.

kanyon, thanks for the support!!! you understand

nigtrida, im going through insurance but may not fix it right away. I will try to make it look a bit better but will wait to put it in the body shop.

thanks for all the support guys!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:50 PM
once_traveling

I was hit in feb, with almost an identical dent on my passenger side fender. I had a new fender put on and the entire front end (bumper, both fenders, and hood) of my car repainted. I went with the full front repaint becuase my z is a rock chip magnet. The girl who hit me paid 1400 to the repair shop and 400 for my rental car and she still has to pay for my alignment. You need to call the cops & get a police report in. You also need to contact your insurance company after the police report they will tell you what your deductible will be on an incident like this. I was lucky because my car was hit in my neighborhood and after i filed the police report the cops drove around my neighborhood and found the bmw x5 that hit me so I had an at fault party to deal with. I hope after you call the cops your situation will turn out like mine, because my car looks better then ever with the new paint.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Black_Sunshine

Relax, kiddies.

I work hard for my things too, and I don't like to throw money away either. All I'm saying is that it's a bit fiscally irresponsible to buy a car that puts you in a position to be unable to afford incidents like this. Stuff happens, being prepared for them is part of ownership.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:54 PM
New2350

Go for the paint job.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Kanyon71

Relax, kiddies.

I work hard for my things too, and I don't like to throw money away either. All I'm saying is that it's a bit fiscally irresponsible to buy a car that puts you in a position to be unable to afford incidents like this. Stuff happens, being prepared for them is part of ownership.
First off I am not a kiddie unless 34 in now a kiddie. The major question here has to be why should he have to pay $0.01 for something he had nothing to do with. I don't care if my deuctable is $1.00 if I had nothing to do with the damage I shouldn't have to pay. The person who did this needs to face up to their actions. I got side swiped in a grocery store parking lot about 9 years ago in my then new Z28, the person took off and I didn't notice it. To save on a possible insurance rate increase I paid $700 to have it fixed. Which I was MIGHTY ticked off about.

I make well more then enough to repair my car but I consider things like that throwing away hard earned money for no valid reason.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Black_Sunshine

Originally Posted by Kanyon71
First off I am not a kiddie unless 34 in now a kiddie. The major question here has to be why should he have to pay $0.01 for something he had nothing to do with. I don't care if my deuctable is $1.00 if I had nothing to do with the damage I shouldn't have to pay. The person who did this needs to face up to their actions. I got side swiped in a grocery store parking lot about 9 years ago in my then new Z28, the person took off and I didn't notice it. To save on a possible insurance rate increase I paid $700 to have it fixed. Which I was MIGHTY ticked off about.

I make well more then enough to repair my car but I consider things like that throwing away hard earned money for no valid reason.
It is possible to be 34 and be a child. You're not even the OP! Chill!

My point (for the slow ones): Stuff happens. Be prepared.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:38 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

got the estimate for it, 902 dollars to:

replace fender
replace fender liner rear half
transfer z emblem
repaint fender
repaint door
repaint hood
clear all three
and a alignment.

Allstate took care of me! not to put in the bodyshop
Old 05-26-2006, 05:55 AM
jrod1014

Relax, kiddies.

so what if I have a $10,000 or $5,000 car with damage that wasn't my fault... Body work costs an arm and a leg no matter what make and model and it makes no difference if I can crap the money out or can barely make the payments on my car. You never buy a car figuring you're going to be in an accident or someone is going to hit your car and run... give me a break. I can **** the $500 if my car gets hit, but would I want to pay for someone else's mistake?, no! i know your point is "be prepared" but no one, including yourself puts away $500 for a deductible for some a$$hole hitting his car. I say be prepared for things like tires and fuel consumption... but be prepared for an accident? like anyone here plans on having an accident...

Last edited by jrod1014; 05-26-2006 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Fletch69z

Wow that's horrible. Good luck getting it fixed.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Morningglorie

Anyway, did you file the police report? Really, you gotta do that.

My Maxima was hit by a hit and run driver last year. Not quite as bad as yours but the mirror was destroyed and there was a crease down the side. I filed the police report the next day, sent it in to my insurance, and they paid for all of it. The first question the insurance agent asked was "Have the police been notified?"

Good news is the repair looks absolutely perfect, you'd never know there had been any incident with it. Hope it turns out that way for you too.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:26 PM
C4talyst

Originally Posted by Kanyon71
First off I am not a kiddie unless 34 in now a kiddie. The major question here has to be why should he have to pay $0.01 for something he had nothing to do with. I don't care if my deuctable is $1.00 if I had nothing to do with the damage I shouldn't have to pay.
In case you didn't know, life isn't fair.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Black_Sunshine

Originally Posted by jrod1014
so what if I have a $10,000 or $5,000 car with damage that wasn't my fault... Body work costs an arm and a leg no matter what make and model and it makes no difference if I can crap the money out or can barely make the payments on my car. You never buy a car figuring you're going to be in an accident or someone is going to hit your car and run... give me a break. I can **** the $500 if my car gets hit, but would I want to pay for someone else's mistake?, no! i know your point is "be prepared" but no one, including yourself puts away $500 for a deductible for some a$$hole hitting his car. I say be prepared for things like tires and fuel consumption... but be prepared for an accident? like anyone here plans on having an accident...
You missed the point entirely.

No one plans on having an accident, but they still seem to happen, don't they? If your car payment is so much that it puts you in a position to be unable to afford your insurance deductible, you're driving a car you can't truly afford.

$500? Yeah, I think I have that laying around somewhere. Money I have set aside may not be there to cover my deductible specifically, but it's there because things go wrong. That's just life.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Kabs

So was it a coworker? Oooh i would be in that lot the next day looking at every bumper of every blue car =P
Old 05-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

You missed the point entirely.

No one plans on having an accident, but they still seem to happen, don't they? If your car payment is so much that it puts you in a position to be unable to afford your insurance deductible, you're driving a car you can't truly afford.

$500? Yeah, I think I have that laying around somewhere. Money I have set aside may not be there to cover my deductible specifically, but it's there because things go wrong. That's just life.
Its not that im driving a car that its sole cost kills my wallet. Its that im a young male college student that pays for a ton of stuff.

rent
bills
food
car and insurance
leisure stuff
GAS!!!
girlfriends arent a cheap by any means
and mods!

Basically mods killed me and my wallet. I spent about $200 to exhange interiors (still have another 300 to spend on that) anothe $120 to do my seats. I dropped 100 bucks on Zaino which i applied only three days earlier (which im the most pissed about, after she gets painted ill have to restart!!! its gonna be a pita) I bought a emanage and exhaust too. All of that happened just weeks before the incident. Not to mention everything else ive done to the car (suspension and bolt ons and extra oem parts). I just wasnt expecting this to happen, nor was i prepared.

but..in the great state of SC, a hit and run deductible will only be $200. Thanks to the guy that linked that, i owe you a huge thanks. That saved me 300 bucks!!!!!!!!

as for getting the girl who did it, it wont ever happen. Te evidence is too circumstatial and shell never admit it to me. Now if it trickles through the grape vine and i hear about it, i will have her nailed to the wall. Women talk! Its bound to happen.

Quick Reply: victim of hit and run!!! im hurting bad