Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Press Dvd videos are ready

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 08:25 PM
mdouvris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks Jmanz!

You are the man! Thanks again! That last one rocks!
Old 07-08-2002, 08:32 PM
netviper

actually you know whats funny the last video there is old. I remember seeing it like 4 months ago.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:10 PM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

sweet videos!!! loved them all! Thanks again J!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 10:31 PM
kroams

You rock Jay. Enjoy your sleep, you earned it!!
Old 07-09-2002, 01:36 AM
blackknight

I was diggin' the funky fresh disco "black & gold" limited edition 280ZX!!!! Keeewwwl!!!!!
Old 07-09-2002, 06:29 AM
gammbino350z

In the words of the 280zx commercial guy...those videos were "awesome"
Old 07-09-2002, 06:49 AM
midoriryu

cursing myself for selling the Z, i have this advice for the new Z owners here that the current guys likely know as well as i do (or better)

DO NOT SELL YOUR Z. EVER. NOTHING IS AN IMPROVEMENT. HAVING KIDS? BUY A USED COROLLA. WIFE SAYS ITS IMPRACTICAL? RE-MARRY. BUT FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD, ***KEEP_YOUR_Z***

Also, thanks JmanZ : )
Old 07-09-2002, 07:10 AM
2003z

Default totally agree here!

Originally posted by midoriryu
cursing myself for selling the Z, i have this advice for the new Z owners here that the current guys likely know as well as i do (or better)

DO NOT SELL YOUR Z. EVER. NOTHING IS AN IMPROVEMENT. HAVING KIDS? BUY A USED COROLLA. WIFE SAYS ITS IMPRACTICAL? RE-MARRY. BUT FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD, ***KEEP_YOUR_Z***

Also, thanks JmanZ : )
I sold my restored 240Z two years ago because I didn't drive it much and wanted the garage space. Huge mistake.
Attached Thumbnails Nissan Press Dvd videos are ready-mike-golding-s-72-datsun-240z-green-.gif  
Old 07-09-2002, 07:18 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide these videos to everyone. Most importantly, I think this will give those who are relatively new Z Car fans to learn more about this car and its interesting history- the Z has been around for 32 years, and by knowing about the models that preceded the 350Z, I think new owners will be able to better appreciate their cars.

I've seen those commercials before (they've all been available online for a few years), and it was so cool how they added some of the magazine ads to the videos- many of them I hadn't seen before. I wish they would have included the "Ken and Barbie" commerical- that one is my favorite- if there is interest (and available bandwidth), I can send that one to Jay for posting.

It was great to hear Ajay talk about the car- I wish we had more footage of him talking about the design, as well as others who were involved with the project. It would have been cool if he took us for a tour of the car, instead of sitting in front of it- no matter, I'm sure I"m going to watch that clip a few hundred more times or so...

Anyway, thanks again!

Ethan
Old 07-09-2002, 03:46 PM
MatthewZ

Do you think those videos of Ajay were taken the same day Jeff got us those first pics of the Daytona Blue? Looks like it was at the same place to me. The red brick courtyard.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:02 AM
ToddLuc

Default Re: Nissan Press Dvd videos are ready

Originally posted by JmanZ
Oh yeah, one more request... please do not hotlink these files and place them on other sites. If you want to place the file on another site, download the file and upload it to your own server. Any site found hotlinking with us will be banned through ip address so they cannot access the site at all in future through links. Sorry to be an ***, but bandwidth is expensive and this video is going to probably cost close to $200 to host after all is said and done bandwidth wise. It's worth it though.
Thank you kindly for posting these videos.

One question, how come you pay so much for hosting? Why don't you host this yourself? Hosting yourself is cheap and easy.

Just a thought,
Todd
Old 07-10-2002, 07:21 AM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by JmanZ
Todd... this isn't meant to sound the wrong way, but it's obvious you don't understand large scale website traffic etc. Hosting a small site is cheap and easy, hosting a site that pushes 300 gigs of traffic + per month is far from cheap, or easy. I do host this myself, on a dedicated server.
No, I didn't take it wrong. Good explanation, thanks. I do understand large scale traffic, I just didn't realize you had that much.

Are you not using, say, a DS1 or DS3 line? When you start moving away from DSL (if that is what you are using), then you stop running up against the per GB charges you talked about. (DS1 uses T1 speeds of 1.544Mbps. DS3 uses T3 speeds of 44.736Mbps).

My goal here is really to be helpful, if at all possible, not to question what you are doing or how. Please understand this. I think you are doing an excellent job of administering this site.

Thanks,
Todd

Last edited by ToddLuc; 07-10-2002 at 07:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Nissan Press Dvd videos are ready