Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dead ECM?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:24 PM
yobigd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead ECM?????

Well, my Vortech installation has gone from BAD to WORSE!! If any of you read my previous posts, you know that my car ran ok for a day. It was not "right", under WOT the car would cut out like turning off the key under throttle. MUCH worse than the traction control would ever cut in..

The car is dead.. would not start. The car sat in the garage for two weeks waiting for a chance to get back in the shop. well, the shop removed the Vortech supplied Split Second computer and gave the car back to me NOT RUNNING. When the car was towed to their facility and dropped off, the ECM would return a response to their scan tool - no faults found. After removing the box - NO RESPONSE... Car was then towed to the local Nisan dealer.. I know.. not my first choice. Well, they have had the car for a day and the car is still not responding to their scanners. I was hoping they would have a way to bench check a ECM but they said NO!! I am only in for about three hours of debugging time, not sure how many hours it will take to determine what the actual issue is. I was "hoping" the rewire job was a sham.. That would be a HUGE relief.

Do any of you know what the cost of a NEW ECM would be? I am NOT looking forward to that.. I am PRAYING that the ECM is fine, just a crossed wire. I know how fragile the ECM is and a crossed wire may fry the thing.

If anyone has any advice, or moral support, I can REALLY use it about now.. I dumped 11k into the M@#$#@$R F#E%R$#@T%$R in the past month.. Now it does not run...

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Yobigd
Old 06-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Ixyl

Sorry to hear that, hope it's something simple. I saw it sitting at Power today, and was wondering what was up. Good people there. Which mechanic is working on it?

BTW - Nice car!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 07:11 AM
yobigd

Originally Posted by Ixyl
Sorry to hear that, hope it's something simple. I saw it sitting at Power today, and was wondering what was up. Good people there. Which mechanic is working on it?

BTW - Nice car!!!
Brad is working on it. I am hoping he can get it straightened out. I AM REALLY hoping he can get it back to working status without replacing the ECU.

Do you know the guys over there? Any advice??

d
Old 06-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Ixyl

Brad is a great guy, willing to take the time to explain just about anything to you. He is the one I request when I take mine in. He replaced my engine (oil consumption), and is very realistic when it comes to engine mods and warranty issues. If it turns out to be a warranty repair, he won't try to screw you. Your in good hands.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:42 PM
yobigd

UPDATE: As of this afternoon, the car is back. Brad at Power Nissan was able to get the ECU back up and working. There were a couple sets of wires that were crossed and two blown fuses. After 619.00 in labor fees, the car was once again running but without the Split Second box.

Jamie at Vortech agreed to take the car in and reinstall the Split Second computer box and fix the installation. They said they would have the car back to me either the same day or the next morning. After three days and hours of uninstalling and reinstalling components, the car is once again under boost. There is a whole sheet of issues they fixed on a sheet they provided me. They charged me for only 5 hours of labor even though they spent three days on the car. So, after two 3 hour train rides and 6 hours of driving back and forth to Oxnard, the car is back in the garage. I was able to FINALLY experience a little boost - traffic was not great. I LIKE IT! I am almost afraid to push it as I have had so many issues with the install. I am hoping everything is right now and I can drive it like I REALLY want to.

Thanks for all the posts of ideas.

Yobigd