Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Technosquare tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:51 PM
islandsnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Technosquare tuning

Just to let you guys know, Technosquare now has a dyno in their shop. They just finished my cam install and Tadashi re-tuned the ecu on the dyno. I had most of my parts installed there, Howard is a really good mechanic, he installed my cusco lsd and final drive also. If you are looking for a place in the south bay (LA) area to install parts, they are very knowlegeable and reliable.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:53 PM
ct350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what you dyno?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
jlimquest

Tadashi reflashed my AF (running rich after TN install) & raised my rev limiter at auto mode to 7100 RPM 3 weeks ago (saved me from doing a VB upgrade which could have cost $1K). Car runs very smooth at WOT with notable power gain until red line. Very satisfied with the patience & service that they do. New Dyno was still in progress when I went. Great addition to a top notch shop!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:22 PM
gsazabi

Just got reflash at TS last week also.
Going to get the car dynoed tomorrow.

How much did they charge to install the cams?
I just need to install cams to complete my NA mod, and
it's probably gonna be Performance Nissan installing them.
If TS is cheaper I guess I might think about getting it done there.
It might be more conveniant cuz I'm gonna have to reflash after install anyway.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:33 AM
islandsnow

Default install price

well, it wasn't very cheap, but they do a very thorough job. I think it ended up being around 1500, for install, dyno tuned the ecu since my idle was very rough and for some reason my car was running way too lean. I had an ecu flash a long time ago, so i was wondering if my dealer reflashed my ecu on my last visit since it's running so lean after the cam install. But after the dyno and retune my af is pretty stable. I asked jason at performance and they said they don't do cams anymore, a few years ago, they were installing for 960, but the usual price is around 1200 bucks he told me. TS installed my pullies for free since they were in that area anyways, so all in all i think it averaged out. This was just nismo cams, so no valve train changes either. There were cheaper places out there, but i trust TS in their work.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:29 AM
gsazabi

I see, so pretty fair price for quality work.
The reason your idle was rough was because after cam install
you have to move your idle up to 850rpm.
Anyhow, I'm glad everything went well for you.
Can you feel the power and torque difference after the cam install?
According to the dynos i've seen it gives you a good amount of torque gain.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:07 PM
islandsnow

yeah, i can feel it, combined with all the intake/exhaust i already had, plus the final drive, and probably a small amount my lighter pulleys and plenum spacer, the car screams to redline really fast. TS did bump my idle up, it's still a bit rough, but once you are driving a whole different story, lots of fun. TS dyno'd the car to get a balanced AF, now it's at a steady 12.5-13.0. You'll love the cams, the car sounds way more mean too.

Tany, i really don't know what the actual dyno numbers are. TS just tuned for a flat AF. They installed a superflow windyn dyno, i never heard of it, but my numbers were way low on that sheet, 250whp. The car feels way more powerful than my last dyno without the cams on a dynojet at corrected value of 267whp. i'm thinking i'm at the 280whp range on a dynojet. I'll post again after i dyno again on a dynojet.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:13 AM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by islandsnow
yeah, i can feel it, combined with all the intake/exhaust i already had, plus the final drive, and probably a small amount my lighter pulleys and plenum spacer, the car screams to redline really fast. TS did bump my idle up, it's still a bit rough, but once you are driving a whole different story, lots of fun. TS dyno'd the car to get a balanced AF, now it's at a steady 12.5-13.0. You'll love the cams, the car sounds way more mean too.

Tany, i really don't know what the actual dyno numbers are. TS just tuned for a flat AF. They installed a superflow windyn dyno, i never heard of it, but my numbers were way low on that sheet, 250whp. The car feels way more powerful than my last dyno without the cams on a dynojet at corrected value of 267whp. i'm thinking i'm at the 280whp range on a dynojet. I'll post again after i dyno again on a dynojet.
I went to go dyno my car today and i'm running LEAN=(
My A/F is close to 15 all across..I didn't make as much power either.

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/197224-nismo-headers-crawford-hfc-ts-ecu-reflash-kjr-crank-pulley-19-wheels-7whp.html

Here's the thread about it..
Looks like I have to talk to Tadashi about it asap.
Please post the dyno chart when you do it on dynojet.