Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Car Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:25 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by slam
Ok, I just got Genuine Nissan cover for $180 from a local dealer. I used it last night and it works great! A layer of dirt & dust was all over the cover instead of my car this morning so I was happy!

I have a few questions though. Is there a certain way to fold it - to make installation quicker/easier? It's easy to install but hard to do it without the cover touching the ground...also if it's a little breezy outside I found it a little harder to install. This morning after removing it I pretty much just "bunched" it up and threw it in the trunk. I'm just wondering if there is a quick way to fold it up nice and compact that'll also make it easy to install.

It's a great cover though..I'm impressed with the weathersheild fabric.
You will soon develop your own method but:

1. Pull the cover off of the front
2. Pull the cover off of the mirrors and toss on roof
3. Pull rear off of car. Roll from the rear. Fold sides in. Roll.

To install lay the cover on the hood and roll towards the rear. With some wind, you can secure the cover using the mirrors
Old 06-29-2006, 08:26 AM
minispider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slam
Ok, I just got Genuine Nissan cover for $180 from a local dealer. I used it last night and it works great! A layer of dirt & dust was all over the cover instead of my car this morning so I was happy!

I have a few questions though. Is there a certain way to fold it - to make installation quicker/easier? It's easy to install but hard to do it without the cover touching the ground...also if it's a little breezy outside I found it a little harder to install. This morning after removing it I pretty much just "bunched" it up and threw it in the trunk. I'm just wondering if there is a quick way to fold it up nice and compact that'll also make it easy to install.

It's a great cover though..I'm impressed with the weathersheild fabric.

this is what I do and it works ...I beging from the back and fold it half way all along to the front of the car. then move to the other side of the car and fold the other half on top of the other one, you will end up with a long strip about 2.5 to 3 feet wide on top of the car then beging rolling it from the back as tight as you can, you will end up with a nice tight roll. To unfold just place on top of roof and roll it out making sure it doens't touch the ground in the back, just do it slowly and keep moving the cover towards the front of the car. A couple of minutes is all it takes....hope this helps
Old 06-29-2006, 09:14 AM
kPaNdA350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh, I got best car cover they had from Pepboys. It might be crap considered to the genuine Nissan Z cover or the ones provided at dealerships, but I guess I'm going to have to deal with it for a while until I plan to get a new one or this one wears out. The material seems pretty good and durable, but it doesnt provide mirror pouches or an antenna pouch. Before I put the cover on, I have to fold the mirrors, and take my antenna off .
Old 06-29-2006, 10:43 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To fold, I do it sideways and it works well for me in pretty much all conditions.

1. pull front of the cover up and fold over onto the hood in about 16" sections to the base of the windshield
2. pull up the rear and fold the same way toward the front, stpooing before you fold it over onto the front part. The cover is still secured to the car by the mirrors (helps in wind).
3. if you use a cable to secure it, lat it accross the windshield between the two folded sections.
4. Pull cover off driver's side mirror & fold the back section on top of the front folded section.
5. move to passenger side and do the same.
6. roll the cover from the pass side to the middle of the windshield, move to the other side and finish rolling it up (or you can pull it accross the windshield as you roll it from the pass side).

Makes for a nice, compact roll that fits in the corner of the trunk nicely. I have a bungee stretched between the two grommets on one side to hold it in place.

To unroll:
1. place roll on driver's side of windshield with end hanging down fender
2. give the cover a flick and roll it accross the wndshieild.
3. secure driver's side mirror
4. toss front down the hood a bit, then the rear toward the back
5. move to other side, secure other mirror and pull cable off to the side
6. pull rear down over bumper
7. pull front over bumper
8. secure cable.

You get into a routine and do it the same way every time it takes less than a minute to put on or take off.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:37 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I first wanted to get the OEM cover since OEM fit in anything is hard (read: expensive) to beat. But with my wing, it will never fit, so I will likely go to California Car Cover Co www.calcarcover.com if I decide I can't live without a cover. Their variety in materials and colors available is mind-boggling to say the least, and they guarantee a perfect fit, and can custom-make a cover to account for any exterior panel upgrades.