Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Which Drop + Sway Bars For An 2006 Enthuziast?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 10:09 PM
SH82N-Z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Which Drop + Sway Bars For An 2006 Enthuziast?

Lately that I've put aside all of my smiling every two second from enjoying my car and putting a lot of attention on how the car handles and drives, I've noticed a few things. On high speed wide corners I seem to have a feeling that my back end of the car is on the air and could go either way. I tend to let go of the gas or breaking either way to let it settle and continue on. Happens usually at making turns around 70 or so. Give or take 10-15 here and there. Also small things at making very tight corners and fairly decent speed, I feel some lag in turning and not to tight if you know what I mean.

Trying to fix this, I knew spoiler was one of the choices. I have an Accord 03 and ever since I put the factory spoiler on this thing, it changed 360 toward better in cornering. So I do believe that spoilers help big time. But to be honest the Nismo's spoiler is not my cup of Tea and the factory's lip spoiler won't have that much of an effect as it seems.

Friend of mine "Arjun" got his car dropped the other day and came by today to tell me he had seen a great improvement in the fields I had difficulties in. Knowing that just from a drop he received such amazing result, I thought on top of doing that, I might as well add a set of Sway bars just to make it into the perfection that I want it to be. So with that, I need to see what Drops are good for an 06 Enthusiast with stock wheels. Name, Brand anything that involves that field + also good cheap set of sway bars to do the job as well. I saw the Nismo ones but they are too expensive for a little thing. But if it's necessary I might have to take the chance. But give me your ideas. Love to hear mostly from the guys who have these products installed.

ClifNotes: Looking for a good set of Springs to drop my car for handling needs NOT FOR LOOKS (If I can't See it, it's ok!). Also looking for suggestion on Sway bars as well. Provide name, brand, website, articles, threads, DIY.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:43 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search in Suspension section of the forum, you'll get plenty of info there.

I have Tanabe GF210, and I highly recommend it.
It drops 1" front 1.2" rear. The car is more firm yet the ride is more smooth comfortable than stock.

As for sway bars, Stillen and Hotchkis are a good choice.
You can go for Cusco if you're willing to pay more.