Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Strange A/C Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:42 AM
SweetDreamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange A/C Behavior

So, I just bought my 03 Z a few weeks ago. Perfect condition by the way...and only 13,400 miles when i bought it. So far...i've been LOVING the car...and have already signed up for the GB on the nismo v2 bumper (the copied version...not authentic). Anyways...so it's been extremely hot here lately...and i noticed that my A/C wasn't producing the coldest air i've ever felt. So i went to Autozone and got one of the R134a refill canisters that come with the pressure gauge to ensure you fill it properly. So after i have filled it...it's runing full blast and the pressure is right where it is supposed to be. I leave my house...and it's now WARMER than before...in fact...not cooling at all. So i run to autozone to get more R134a thinking...hmmm...maybe since i emptied it some...and put the new in...there isn't enough in there. So i get the new bottle...hook up the pressure guage...and it is WAY high on pressure. So of course...I let out some of the pressure...down to where it is supposed to be...and bam...air was as cold as could be. This seemed weird to me that it would make my air hot running at too high of a pressure in the system. if anything...i figured it'd be cooler...not that i'm complaining...cuz if it had worked, i would never have thought to recheck that pressure and who knows what kind of damage it could have done!

anyways...check out the picture share forum here in a few minutes...I borrowed a friends Digital SLR 8.1 MP camera and took some pics of my car and my buddies SRT-4. both blue...neither of us turned out to be too artistic on the photo creativity side...but still a nice pic of the cars.

Austin
Old 06-19-2006, 08:07 AM
zxpwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

over/under pressure on the AC can trigger the compressor not to engage. if your problem somehow happens again, your problem might be different, could be a faulty temp sensor or HVAC.