z problems!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 06:30 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Don't want to turn this thread into a discussion on racial stereotypes but here is what I saw when I saw the pic Doc Bonz posted:

A funny looking guy in a silly hat positioned in the hatch of a new Z...no more...no less
Old 07-11-2002, 06:34 PM
rep15

And Bonz's previous image is demeaning to women. Get over it
Old 07-11-2002, 06:43 PM
mdouvris

Default Racist????

Jeez.. That picture is funny!! I am sure Doc intended it to be light and humorous...Some of you people..well..I, like rep15, am hearing that Eagles song again..GET OVER IT!!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 06:59 PM
wxtornado

That person was offeneded be he or she saw a "black person", instead of a "person." Myself? I saw a person.

On the other hand, should we leave it up knowing that it is offending someone? Who knows. All I know is, I've got way more important things to worry about.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:00 PM
dvlad

Originally posted by rep15
And Bonz's previous image is demeaning to women. Get over it
All of a sudden NOW is sending Jay emails saying that having pictures of well endowed women is demeaning to lesser endowed women and that we should provide equal time to both groups.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:08 PM
silverstone_350z

You need to bang your knee on the cupholder really hard and this opens up the secrect compartment in the back behind the spare tire and she pops right out.
you can make fun of my post all you want, dr. bonz. But, i assure you that when you receive this vehicle, and the cup holder does become an issue, i will be the one laughing at you.
take care.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:19 PM
nizl

Originally posted by JmanZ
I recieved an email regarding Bonz' image above ...
you'll notice I did not edit the post.
Nice call Jay. <br><br>Some people are just way too uptight
Old 07-12-2002, 12:53 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

HOLY SH*T!!! I posted all this last night and come back on today and ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!

MAN, I absolutely DID NOT mean to offend anybody. That pic of the guy in the back was funny (I thought) because he had this big silly grin and really bad teeth. I can honestly say that until I read Jay's post, I didn't even give the fact that he was black ONE SECOND OF THOUGHT! Again, I humbly apologize to ANYONE I might have offended and I can assure you that it had NO racial meaning behind it at all.

As for the thing about women, was that guy just kidding or was he really offended by the Victoria Secret girl in the back??? The only reason I used THAT pic, was because someone posted the full LARGE version of it in another thread and I though it'd be funny to copy and paste it into the Z. Again, I had NO intention of being sexist with that pic, and I again apologize to anyone who took it wrong.

Finally, Silverstone350Z wrote:

"
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You need to bang your knee on the cupholder really hard and this opens up the secrect compartment in the back behind the spare tire and she pops right out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"you can make fun of my post all you want, dr. bonz. But, i assure you that when you receive this vehicle, and the cup holder does become an issue, i will be the one laughing at you.
take care."

Again! I DID NOT mean to make fun of you when I wrote that. In fact I didn't even remember who wrote it in the first place! I just thought it would be comical to say that in order to activate the pop up girl in the back, you had to do something stupid, and to make it funny (apparently it wasn't) I said to bang your knee on the cupholder since THAT was mentioned numerous times by SEVERAL posters.

Maybe I just need to take a rest from posting here. This used to be a nice "family" of people who really enjoyed each other and when things got hot or boring, we'd throw out little bits of humor to keep things fun. Now that we have so many people here, maybe it's time I stop doing this since (as you can see) I seem to be offending folks. Hell, it took me all of two posts to offend people of color, women, and those who complain about things in the car.

I'm done

Last edited by Dr Bonz; 07-12-2002 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:56 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Jay, I went back to delete the two pictures I posted but It says since it's beyond 90 mins. I can't do it. Feel free to delete them if you want.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:59 AM
rep15

If I am "that guy" perhaps you should re-read the post.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:25 AM
crashandburn420
Charter Member #05

Dr. Bonz,
You used the word "hell" in your previous post. I find this disturbing and uncalled for. Please consider.... ah hell, I'm just yanking your chain. I found the images humorous and neither one should have been considered anything but a joke by anybody. Post away, Bonz! Don't get discouraged by a few when the masses appreciate your posts.
Attached Thumbnails z problems!-bonzkid.jpg  
Old 07-12-2002, 01:25 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Doc Bonz...if you leave I will hunt you down...I know where to find you....think they were funnin with you...you can't do anything anymore without offending someone...don't let it get to you...they need to get a life...you are OK...remember..I'll find you
Old 07-12-2002, 02:10 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

We are taking ourselves WAY TOO Seriously here. Dr. Bonz and his picutres and the first few responses were genuinely funny, as were the picures of Mini Me and his bar in the back of a Z.

Dr. B, No need to feel bad about offending someone when you had no intention of being racist or sexist.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:11 AM
silverstone_350z

Dr Bonz,

just forget this ever happend.
i didnt mean to come off like a jerk in my post, its just that when i created this post, i think i maybe worded it in a bad manner, or something, because all i wanted was peoples opinion, but some get offended. when u made that remark, i assumed (i shouldnt have) that was made directly to my pose, since one of my "problems" was the cup holder. i am sorry for saying i would laugh at you..

here are some smiles for ya..
Old 07-12-2002, 02:12 AM
alllaw
Charter Member #46

It must be hell to go through life without a sense of humor!!!
Old 07-12-2002, 02:20 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

AAAHHHHHH OK, I'm back. All of your kind words were nice, but the picture of the young boy crying is what REALLY made me come back. Just ask Scaf what pics of young boys crying do to me!
Attached Thumbnails z problems!-young-scaf-copy.jpg  
Old 07-12-2002, 02:42 AM
nj1266

As great as the Z car is, it is still a car in its first year of production. Most of the time cars in their first year of production will have growing pains. All the defects and the bugs will need to be worked out before the Z becomes a "near" perfect car. That will not happen until the 2nd or 3rd year of production. That is why I will never buy a car in its first year of production. Not only will you pay MSRP or above, but more than likely you will pay visits to the dealer. I KNOW there are exceptions to this rule, but in GENERAL first year production cars have issues.

I wanted to buy a Tundra in 2000. But I waited until 2002 to get one. The 2000 had brake issues and did not have an LSD. By 02 the brake issues were fixed and the truck got an LSD stock. Now it is a "near" perfect truck.

I will do the same with the Z. I will wait until next year or the year after. I hope that the base car will get a stock LSD and all the bugs that will plague the 02 Z will be worked out by 03-04. I will also pay less than MSRP
Old 07-12-2002, 03:14 AM
mdouvris

Default waiting

I suppose you could wait. The Z will be fresh and super live in Sept02! Not so much so in sept 03 or 04. I like being first on my block with the new kick *** toy!

Quick Reply: z problems!