Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

three dumb questions... it's another noob!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 06:06 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TK2005
He was also getting "wise" with cwest. I understand your point and will abide. It goes both ways though.

Thomas (hopes someone caught on to the "dude abides")
If you re-read it, he's actually slamming his own product recommendation. I don't get the logic, but I didn't read it as getting wise with cwest...more like getting wise with himself (which I hear can make you go blind!)
Old 06-27-2006, 06:08 PM
kcobean

Can you take a pic of your ARC setup and did you dyno it? I have always wanted to know what kind of gains I could get from the ARC unit.
I would also like to hear the manufacturer claims about "improved throttle response". I've never heard of any other intake boasting this claim.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:13 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kcobean
If you re-read it, he's actually slamming his own product recommendation. I don't get the logic, but I didn't read it as getting wise with cwest...more like getting wise with himself (which I hear can make you go blind!)
Actually, this isn't the first time has has brought up the ARC intake. I used SEARCH.

Thomas (wise and can't see)
Old 06-27-2006, 06:14 PM
TK2005

I would also like to hear the manufacturer claims about "improved throttle response". I've never heard of any other intake boasting this claim.
All the more reason for us to see dyno results along with a pic of his setup. I know no one would give advice like "this one is the best for this reason" and not even have one of his own.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Malic350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know which is worse new ppl who don't use the search (some just don't know better) or those who try and think of creative ways to say use the search feature (quite boring now). I guess ppl do love to hear their selves talk and read their own words - over and over and over and over and over ... LOL. So let one person say it then back the hell off that should be the new rule.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:40 PM
ihatepotholes

not really, i don't mind spending extra to get something thats rare and stand out. i just ordered it from hopupracing. i was just expressing my own opinion to the thread starter. can u please do me a favor, tell ur boy tk to get off his high horse, cause if he isn't willing to help other members (lazy or not) then he shouldn't cry about other people's business. y should i share my experience with someone like tk anyway? u want pics and dyno? i got one word for u "SEARCH"!

Last edited by ihatepotholes; 06-27-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Malic350
I don't know which is worse new ppl who don't use the search (some just don't know better) or those who try and think of creative ways to say use the search feature (quite boring now). I guess ppl do love to hear their selves talk and read their own words - over and over and over and over and over ... LOL. So let one person say it then back the hell off that should be the new rule.
Just got here and already making rules?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:51 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by ihatepotholes
not really, i don't mind spending extra to get something thats rare and stand out. i just ordered from hopupracing. i was just expressing my own opinion to the thread starter. can u please do me a favor, tell ur boy tk to get off his high horse, cause if he isn't willing to help other members (lazy or not) then he shouldn't cry about other people's business
Let's be very clear... TK2005 is not "my boy" in any way, shape or form. I'm not sure what you're implying, but I don't like it.

If you read this thread again, you'll see that I've already commented to him on his responses here. What more would you like me to do?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:56 PM
TK2005

not really, i don't mind spending extra to get something thats rare and stand out. i just ordered it from hopupracing. i was just expressing my own opinion to the thread starter. can u please do me a favor, tell ur boy tk to get off his high horse, cause if he isn't willing to help other members (lazy or not) then he shouldn't cry about other people's business. y should i share my experience with someone like tk anyway? u want pics and dyno? i got one word for u "SEARCH"!
How do you know it improves throttle response if you don't have it? It seems like it's the new guys doing all the crying and making all the demands. I help lots of members out with my knowledge and experience for things that haven't been covered at least 1000 times.

Last edited by TK2005; 06-27-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:57 PM
TK2005

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Just got here and already making rules?
The new world order.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:57 PM
ihatepotholes

ok i don't wanna sound like a wiseazz... heres a lil something in case u might wanna know... in japan almost no one use open filter intake, reason being? they aren't into drag racing like most of tuners in US. they r into circuit racing and every aftermarket induction systems r closed element, in order to compete circuit courses cars need low to mid range power and throttle response instead of top end power. theres a couple of episodes of best motorting about AMUSE and Espirie they explain the concept. i had a rsx type s... and i've been around people that use cai and short ram, they all lack in throttle response. some people switched to mugen intake box, the throttle response improved a lot. i know Z and rsx r different cars, but u get the point...
Old 06-27-2006, 07:00 PM
ihatepotholes

How do you know it improves throttle response if you don't have it? It seems like it's the new guys doing all the crying and making all the demands.
i had cai and then switched to ARC on my type S, unless u decide to be given and helpful to the new guys, otherwise don't bother respond to my posts.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:02 PM
TK2005

i had cai and then switched to ARC on my type S, unless u decide to be given and helpful to the new guys, otherwise don't bother respond to my posts.
Will you shut up already with the "stop responding to my posts" nonsense? Just as you waste your time and posts with meaningless drivel about standing up for the new guys, I will use mine to respond to you.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:03 PM
ihatepotholes

Let's be very clear... TK2005 is not "my boy" in any way, shape or form. I'm not sure what you're implying, but I don't like it.

If you read this thread again, you'll see that I've already commented to him on his responses here. What more would you like me to do?
im sorry if i offended ur by saying it, i thought u guys were close thats all. i just think some people r being wise to the new comers thats all. u r doin good
Old 06-27-2006, 07:05 PM
kcobean

ok i don't wanna sound like a wiseazz... heres a lil something in case u might wanna know... in japan almost no one use open filter intake, reason being? they aren't into drag racing like most of tuners in US. they r into circuit racing and every aftermarket induction systems r closed element, in order to compete circuit courses cars need low to mid range power and throttle response instead of top end power. theres a couple of episodes of best motorting about AMUSE and Espirie they explain the concept. i had a rsx type s... and i've been around people that use cai and short ram, they all lack in throttle response. some people switched to mugen intake box, the throttle response improved a lot. i know Z and rsx r different cars, but u get the point...
You don't sound like a wise*** at all. I just asked to hear what the manufacturer claims are about improved throttle response. Does the engine rev faster with this sytem? Does power come on some split second faster? I'm not raising the BS flag, I'd just like to know what "better throttle response" means and how they are substantiating that claim (or how you are, if it's not a claim that they manuf. has made.)
Old 06-27-2006, 07:09 PM
ihatepotholes

ok... u know when u go WOT, theres an almost a second delay before the car actually take off? well from my past experience with ARC and Mugen induction box, they "kinda" eliminate that delay. i just don't like the idea of open filter intake systems, although they give u the best gain on dynos
Old 06-27-2006, 07:12 PM
kcobean

ok... u know when u go WOT, theres an almost a second delay before the car actually take off? well from my past experience with ARC and Mugen induction box, they "kinda" eliminate that delay. i just don't like the idea of open filter intake systems, although they give u the best gain on dynos
That initial lag is more a function of the plenum shape/size than the intake leading to it. Does ARC make any claims about this?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:13 PM
ihatepotholes

i can only tell u the experience that i have on rsx, i don't know how this will effect on the Z, but im sticking with em. another reason is that i don't wanna be like everyone else... no offense to other people, but i like my car to stand out a lil
Old 06-27-2006, 07:16 PM
kcobean

another reason is that i don't wanna be like everyone else...
That's reason enough. I wasn't trying to back you into the corner, I was just trying to understand the dynamics of the "better throttle response" claim. If it's really there, I'd love to see it quantified somehow (You'd think ARC would do that if it's true on this car).
Old 06-27-2006, 07:16 PM
ihatepotholes

That initial lag is more a function of the plenum shape/size than the intake leading to it. Does ARC make any claims about this?
not that i know of, but on type s it definitely has shorten the lag. a noticable improvement over CAI and SRI.

Quick Reply: three dumb questions... it's another noob!