Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to make my Z classy and not ricey

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nismo is subtle, but if you watch Grand Am racing, also effective. All kits are of course, a personal preference. After checking out all my options, I went with all Nismo (including rear deck spoiler).
Attached Thumbnails Looking to make my Z classy and not ricey-dscf0007320_edited.jpg  
Old 07-12-2006, 03:09 AM
nothingremains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobotomy
Having acquired worldly knowledge or refinement; lacking natural simplicity or naiveté.
Very complex or complicated: the latest and most sophisticated technology.
Suitable for or appealing to the tastes of sophisticates: a sophisticated drama.
wow very nice lol!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:10 AM
nothingremains

Originally Posted by TheLastSpartan
if youre looking for nice but a lowprofile kinda look, i'd say any of these

Greddy kit
stillen spoiler
nismo kit (without the spoiler)

http://www.350zonline.com/gallery/

thats a good website to browse, they have pictures of pretty much everything

hope that helps

thanks a lot. I was thinking of getting the Greddy sides and maybe the Evo-r type s wing, but not sure if the wing would throw it off ya know.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:12 AM
nothingremains

Originally Posted by liudacris
Vertex body kit (maybe also tk, central 20, kenstyle, something that doesn't have too many lines and/or vents)
Clean Silver Rims, such as Nismo or Volk GT-V
A very mild drop (Like someone said...can't go wrong with Nismo )
No Spoiler or one that is not too aggressive like the Blitz

thanks a lot i will check those out. I dont plan on getting new rims at least until the stock tires get worn out but the nismo silvers do look very nice!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:13 AM
nothingremains

Originally Posted by mikeg8r
If it is important to keep appearances (and I can understand at some workplaces how it would be), you should take a cue from others that you work with (with sports cars), especially those in positions you are trying to aspire to. If they have nice rims, go for those. If they have body kits, then I would say go for it. From my experience senior management with sports cars (corvettes, porsches, ferrarris) usually keep them appearing clean and stock.

might i suggest keeping the exterior alone and keeping your mods under the hood and stealth. I've also found upper managment (especially male baby boomers) were real gearheads in their youth and can appreciate horsepower and superior handling.

just my $0.02

very good advice and thank you. my boss drives a silver g35 coupe and all he has is his windows tinted and the others above me drive pickup's and a scion tc so its hard to compare! lol
Old 07-12-2006, 03:15 AM
nothingremains

Originally Posted by sofa king
why not leave it stock? you have to mod it to get their 'respect'?

no and i dont get why you would assume that. I am the type of person who likes everything of mine to be a little different. I hate being plain and ordinary.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Built2shredZ

Some nice silver 19" rims and Nismo parts will keep your car clean looking...

I would definatly stick with a Nismo Exhaust, as anything to loud will make them think your a punk kid... Nothing irritates older people like loud exhausts..
Old 07-12-2006, 10:48 AM
tekk

buy a g35 and mod that.

the z will always be the z. the g will always be the g.
a tastefully done z or g will always be a tastefully done z or g, for better or worse.

the question you have to ask is whether or not you their views on the z matter to you.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:03 PM
nothingremains

dude my z is like a month old, im not buying a new car lol...

i was thinking about the Nismo exhaust...but i would rather upgrade the cd player/speakers and get the greddy sides before I did that...How much louder is the nismo exhaust and how much is it usually?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Built2shredZ

Personaly I wouldn't piece togeather a body kit, wait until you can buy the entire kit, otherwise its looks rather chessey (like a guy with long side burns)

The Nismo Exhaust is slightly louder then stock, mostly just more deeper sounding... Been to long since I bought mine but I think you can pick it up for around $750-$900
Old 07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
nothingremains

well i just like the greddy sides....i dont want a front lip and have to worry about hitting it or ir scraping...
Old 07-18-2006, 10:56 AM
nothingremains

what are some things to ask a paint shop to find out if they are worth a damn or not ?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:00 AM
abyss

Originally Posted by nothingremains
Bro, im going to be working with these people for a long time. And with most of them and the people in my department being 20 years older then me, I really really need to do all I can to earn their respect and for them to trust me. I dont need them thinking im just a kid off the street ya know.
lol yea they are gonna think your a kid off the street driving a $30,000 sportscar. Stop trying to be a poser who has to make himself look good infront of his peers.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:05 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corporate image is important so I get where you are coming from.

I would NOT add anything from amother car line....like Evo. To me, I'm 64 & conservative, anything Evo is ricey.

Either leave the exterior alone or add Nismo parts. Personally, I think Nissan nailed the design & any adds take away from looks of the car.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:17 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

This is exactly why I chose the Z. Initially I wanted a Toyota Celica with the "action" package <i.e. the huge rear spoiler, side skirts and new front fascia>, luckily the salesman talked me out of it by saying "no grown man with any measure of class or taste would be seen dead driving this car".

You can always mod the "inside" of your car or spend money on engine and suspension upgrades...
Old 07-18-2006, 11:31 AM
kumdolife88

if your worried about not wanting the car to look "ricey" then get a simple lip kit,
i was always a fan of lip kits over the whoel bizzare kits, but dont get me wrong after joining this forum i saw a lot of nicely done kits. but i say you just do what you want to do. i think when u mod the car its how you want it to be and it expresses you. not modding a car the way you want just cause someones gonna say "rice" is just trying to be someone you are not. =)
Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 AM
davidf

Originally Posted by nothingremains
dude my z is like a month old, im not buying a new car lol...

i was thinking about the Nismo exhaust...but i would rather upgrade the cd player/speakers and get the greddy sides before I did that...How much louder is the nismo exhaust and how much is it usually?
Nismo is very tolerable in sound at any rpm, pricewise, $950.00 range.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Jonathan Allyn

I picked up the greddy sides and front lip added the Nismo rear wing and side skirts along with some new wheels. It looks very clean. I was shooting for the same thing you are. The only thing that gets me sometimes is the Nismo wing but its really grown on me.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:03 PM
mikeg8r

Originally Posted by abyss
lol yea they are gonna think your a kid off the street driving a $30,000 sportscar. Stop trying to be a poser who has to make himself look good infront of his peers.
i don't get it. So are you saying getting a body kit and rear wing if you're not tracking the car or racing isn't posing?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:20 PM
181 BluZ

Personally I believe that if you want to look classy you should get a G35. But since you already have a Z I would say get the Nismo kit, get the spoiler if you like (I didn't) and get a exhaust. Something like the Nismo one or the Greddy Evo2, or just something thats not too laud. Window tint of course. Also don't keep the stock rims. Personally I think the stock rims look cheap. So get some simple rims. I like to make my rims stand out so I got gold ones, But I would say get silver ones since your going with the classy look.
~Good Luck

Quick Reply: Looking to make my Z classy and not ricey