Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Palm Springs 350Z s

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 04:52 AM
FrankieZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Palm Springs 350Z s

My wife and I just returned from Palm Springs , California from our annual vacation . The 350z is more than alive in Palm Springs . A brickyard , silverstone , a white and more were frequently seen cruising up and down the wealthy Palm Canyon Drive . They looked fantastic ! I was so envious and wished that I had mine with me . Hello to the owner of the brickyard that I spoke with and hope you are now using this forum .With a backdrop of palm trees in the desert , the 350z has reached an even higher level of beauty than could ever be imagined .I just saw AudioPat's pictures and it is that and even more in Palm Springs.One can only dream when living on the east coast!

FrankieZZ
Hampton Beach,NH
Silverstone 6M
Old 02-22-2003, 05:27 PM
WayneTN

Palm Springs is very nice, however I was there at the beginning of last summer and it was 112 degF and the sun was out. Felt like someone had the oven door open! However, the sidewalk misters at restaurants were cool (don't need them here in the summer - it's humid enough!). It's great how they block off main street some evenings and have bands, food, crafts, and sidewalk peddlers. Glad you had a great vacation.

WayneTN
Old 02-23-2003, 03:58 AM
FrankieZZ

Default How true

We hear the same thing from the locals , too . But boy, is it beautiful now ! I retire next year and the wife and I plan to live there from Jan.-April when it's primo .I'm scheming different ways to get the 350 out there .The Zs were pristine while here in the east , mine sits out the snow and rain in the garage .It's quite a life style there , too , and the Z fits into it perfectly .What a place to drive !Well, till next year ................

FrankieZZ
Hampton Beach , NH
Silverstone 6M

PS We went to that Thursday night street fair ( saw several Zs cruising ) and ate our way across Palm Canyon Drive . We even brought back giant artichokes , asparagus , tomatoes etc . on the plane . They were too fresh to pass up .

Last edited by FrankieZZ; 02-23-2003 at 04:04 AM.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:17 PM
WayneTN

Default Elvis lives

Sounds like you've got some great plans.

On the shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel last year the driver was telling everyone in the van about the town and happened to mention that "Elvis used to live over there." I said that I thought Elvis used to live at Graceland in Memphis, and he said that he also had a house in Palm Springs and that he used to buy cars for people there. Maybe you'll see him driving a Z one day! lol

WayneTN
Old 02-25-2003, 02:44 PM
FrankieZZ

Default Elvis

Hey Wayne ,

I think that is absolutely correct ! There is a big lifelike statue of the King in front of a restaurant on Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs .Great statue !
Yes , the plans are looking good ! Good to hear from you !

PS They sell all kinds of Elvis postcards and my wife just said he had his honeymoon there with Priscilla !

FrankieZZ

Hampton , NH
PPS Wayne ,I forgot to mention , we were having dinner at Capra's Restaurant and saw an Elvis lookalike drive by in an old Caddie . The waitress said he was a local who sold appliances and is always seen in Palm Springs . Watch out for him next time you go !I think the Caddie was a reddish color of some sort !

Last edited by FrankieZZ; 02-25-2003 at 02:48 PM.