Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Update on My Car (mechanic's resonse)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Brad4rdHay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on My Car (mechanic's resonse)

Ok, so i whent over to the shop to talk to the guy about my car (if you dont know what Im talking about...search for a thread titled "****ing mechanic") I came armed with a barage of questions.

First off I let him know that having your car shut down in the middle of the road when taking it home from the shop is not a pleasant experience...and god forbid if I was on I95.

I told them to have the car hauled on the back of a truck back to the shop, and have them look at it...absolutely no towing. I asked him about the broken radiator. He said that the plastic radiator support was indeed craked, and that the radiator sustained small damage...said something about a small hole and such. He said I was right that if it was "cracked" i wouldn't have been able to drive the car. He also said it wasnt the power steering oil cooler which I thought he was refering to but was indeed the main radiator.

I told him the coolant level was VERY low...almost non-existant. I asked if he simply forgot to which he replied yes. he thinks thats the only problem...but will test everything out. (funny how they treat you better when you shwo you actually care/know about your car). I asked if the car could've been damaged during my drivehome...he said, which I thought as well, that the ECU will shut the car down before it gets close to a dangerous temp.

So, I'm pissed that the idiots there forgot to put coolant in ater working on the radiator (!), but he was very honest with me, and seemed generally concerned and quite urgent with his resonse.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:29 PM
syf0n

A least they are wiling to admit who is at fault and correct the problem without a big hassle. I know many mechanics will never admit to their being at fault and will raise hell or make you pay for their errors!

Good luck!
Old 02-24-2003, 04:06 PM
DmitryZ

Well hopefully your car gets fixed soon. If you need to have the car fixed in the future I would consider another mechanic.

good luck

Dmitry
Old 02-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Brad4rdHay

I'll juege him by how well he deals with any problems that esue from this. We'll see. He was honest, and trully embarased when I confronted him....like syf0n said, thats hard to find.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:36 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Brd- please tell us again why you're taking your new Z, (which is still covered under warranty) to an independent mechanic instead of the dealer?
Old 02-24-2003, 06:15 PM
Brad4rdHay

I did take it to the dealer. This guy is the lead mechanic for the Porter car "complex" (?) i.e., Porter Nissan, Porter Chevrolet ect. If you need serious body work done, the dealer takes your car there.