Sponsored by:

I mean really Nissan, it's time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:43 PM
zero0 2 sixty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zipgun
Nissan already tried (300zx turbo) and damn near bankrupted em
what about a single turbo? wouldnt that be cheaper to produce. if they csn do it for under 45 grand for a coupe i would definatley buy 1
Old 08-01-2006, 01:04 PM
MikeW

+1
Old 08-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Starchecker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suvlaki
Motor Trend is saying $50-$70k for the GT-R when it is released. Split that, $60k. I hardly think $60k is alot for what you're getting. AWD, factory twin-turbo, standard stability and traction control, side airbags, etc.
If it really comes in at $60K then it makes sense not to do the TT Z, from what's been on this board I think the consensus is it will come in over $70K.

But as mentioned, the extra money spent in developing it for a few thousand cars per year doesn't make sense for them.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:41 PM
JasonT

I think some people are misunderstanding him. He is not suggesting that Nissan REPLACE the current models with a super car. Just provide the option of getting a factory tuned absolutely sick barely legal model. I suppose that is what the GT-r will be but isn't that a different car altogether? (relatively speaking)
Old 08-01-2006, 04:09 PM
4BangR-X

Originally Posted by JasonT
I think some people are misunderstanding him. He is not suggesting that Nissan REPLACE the current models with a super car. Just provide the option of getting a factory tuned absolutely sick barely legal model.
I have not read a post in this thread that misunderstands this subject
Old 08-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by Mr_Q
Come on, we shouldn't even have to have posts about fearing SRT4s (neon and now caliber), STIs, EVOS, Boxsters, and about every upcoming mid sized sedan out there when it comes to stop light races! This is INSANE!

NISSAN, BOLT ON AN EFF'N TURBO ALREADY!! The Z's history is full of stock provided FI cars.

And all these sissies saying, "Oh, that's what killed the Z before" SHUT IT.

We do not live in the 90s. Americans are spending more money on cars than ever before. BMWs, Mercs, and Audi's are flying off the lots (this trend has been going strong since the LATE 90s actually). Even the DOMESTICS have realized there is money here. GM has a tuner divisiom, BMW, Merc, DC has one, FORD EVEN HAS ONE and all have been making money on these niche vehicles for some time.

You simply build more current 350zs like you do now but then release a small production run, maybe 5000-7000 vehicles, that are REAL NISMO tuned cars. FI, suspension, brakes, seats, tires, etc.

You whack people $40,000 or more for it and of course dealers mark them up $5,000 to $10,000 and guess what? YOU SELL EVERY ONE OF THEM!

Christ, grow some ***** Nissan.
Not all of us buy our 350z's to go race 16 year old kids with STI's and EVO's... If Nissan wants to compete with Subaru they should just take the 4 door sentra and slap AWD and Turbo on it (Thats pretty much what Subaru did), that way they can compete with the STI's $32k price tag...

Wait for the Nissan GT-R and you should be able to kill them all.... BTW if you look at the Z history you will see several generations that were slow compared to other cars of that era...

BTW if they did make a special editon Nismo 350z that was potent enough to smoke a STI or EVO then it would probaby cost around $45k... Problem with this is most people are going to rather buy a STI or EVO for $13k less, not to mention if you take a STI and mod it with the $13k odds are it will now beat your $45k Nismo 350z... so where does it end?

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 08-01-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:34 PM
bofa

+1

Be happy or get boost.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:44 PM
pingbling23

Originally Posted by freefallin
Don't you think a multi-billion dollar company puts a little money behind consumer market knowledge? They find out what the "average" consumer wants and gives it to them.
Thats funny, isnt, wasnt GM a multi-billion dollar company? I do admit GM is going in the right direction, they have come and are coming out with nicer vehicles.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Da prez

Nissan should produce a supercharge or turbo Z.

In 2003 the z was one of the fastest for it price range and now three years later it is average.
The sport sedans are even closing the gap in power and performance.

The z is a 30k sport car with 80k sport car looks. Power and performace ?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Mr_Q

Originally Posted by 4BangR-X
I have not read a post in this thread that misunderstands this subject
Did you skip this post in your checking?

+1
Old 08-01-2006, 05:24 PM
4BangR-X

How does that not have to do with the subject? The op wants nissan to come out with a 350z turbo. Nissan already makes a N/A 350z. The 300zx came N/A and turbo...so what are you trying to say?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
4BangR-X

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
If Nissan wants to compete with Subaru they should just take the 4 door sentra and slap AWD and Turbo on it (Thats pretty much what Subaru did)
Umm...logic behind that comment please?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Built2shredZ

Umm...logic behind that comment please?
Subaru took there enco car Impreza and put a Turbo on it, but doing this they kept the price down. If Nissan wanted to compete with Sabaru's STI in the same price range they might as well take the Sentra and slap a Turbo and AWD system on it and they would be able to compete with Subaru..

If nissan was to put a Turbo and AWD on a 350z the price would be in the $50k range, where as if they did it with there enco car Sentra they would be able to keep the price down and compete performance wise and price wise with the STI.

I beleive the original poster was compaining that Nissan has no car that compete with the STI's, EVO's and other cars... If Nissan really wanted to compete with them in that price range the ideal way to do it is with the Sentra.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:08 PM
4BangR-X

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Subaru took there enco car Impreza and put a Turbo on it, but doing this they kept the price down. If Nissan wanted to compete with Sabaru's STI in the same price range they might as well take the Sentra and slap a Turbo and AWD system on it and they would be able to compete with Subaru..
Well yea i spose thats half true It is a little more complicated than slapping a turbo on it though.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well yea i spose thats half true It is a little more complicated than slapping a turbo on it though.
Not really more complicated. It's actually pretty much that.

Simple, long travel Macpherson suspension, 4 doors. It's not built for the race track, it's built for rallying. Rallying is street based...

Anyways, this topic is funny in it's uselessness !
Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by krismax
cost is the reason look at those other cars you mentioned the chassis is already there from a base car. and look at what they cost . whats a EVO MR 37K and from reading SCC when they tore down a srt 4 engine they found the engine to be filled with cheap *** parts like cast iron rods.

Obviously, you didn't even read the SCC article about the SRT-4 engine. They were very surprised at how damn strong it was, and the design. Quit spewing bullcrap you don't even know what you are talking about.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Devil Z

TT Supra. ST Supra. NA Supra.

Why can't we have different variations of the Z, I mean if you don't want a TT Z, there should be NA Z's available. For those who want say, a ST or TT Z, those should be available as well.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Nano

how about making it 400lbs ligther instead
Old 08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never had any problem keeping up with STi’s and EVO’s. The Z is not a drag car anyways, it’s a carver. Get a Mustang or an STi or an EVO otherwise…
Old 08-03-2006, 12:36 PM
krismax

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
Obviously, you didn't even read the SCC article about the SRT-4 engine. They were very surprised at how damn strong it was, and the design. Quit spewing bullcrap you don't even know what you are talking about.
where didnt i say it wasnt strong ***??!! its still filled with cheaply made materials instead of a properly designed hardened steel rod they used cast iron pan material if thats not cheap tell me what is.

my point was is nissan could have used cheap materials and had a cheaper z or FI z but they use the best materials for the money those other cars are cost cutters

Quick Reply: I mean really Nissan, it's time.