Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Salvage 2003 350z basic

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Ky Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ichigo
Are you using an auto loan? or another type of loan. Maybe Im just used to one specific bank (a credit union). Maybe thats THEIR policy. sry if I am wrong about that one.
He's correct. It could very well be your credit unions policy though, who knows? Generally they won't lend you full value for the vehicle. Say if a car with no accidents or anything was valued at $20k most lenders would lend you 80% of the value (or some percentage) so they would only give you $16k for the same vehicle with a salvaged title.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Ky Z

And to the original poster...I say go for it. At the very least you've got an $11,000 car that you can track the hell out of it turns out to have a few bugs. Just strip it to the bones and go for it.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by Ky Z
He's correct. It could very well be your credit unions policy though, who knows? Generally they won't lend you full value for the vehicle. Say if a car with no accidents or anything was valued at $20k most lenders would lend you 80% of the value (or some percentage) so they would only give you $16k for the same vehicle with a salvaged title.
Wow, I didn't think they would loan you anything on a salvage car.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by ronniemcfarling
I have gotten loans for 2 salvage vehicles and currently have State Farm insurance on a 2002 Honda Accord with a Salvage Title.
Yeah, my insurance company just wants to inspect the car to make sure it looks safe. It is pretty good really, just brake shimmy from warpped rotors.
Fixed them before for Dad, can fix them again I guess to get it insured if need be. I doubt it will be a problem.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:49 PM
terrellda

Gave the VIN number to USAA they said I was preapproved for $24,000 on that vehicle with that VIN and can get full coverage for $264 per every six months. Is there a possibility that the car is not salvaged?? Or that it has just been lost in the system? My financial institution should know from the VIN if it was salvaged right?? Getting ready to finace $11,000 at 5.145% with USAA.
One more question is it fraud not to inform USAA of the CARFAX report?? I just don't want to get in trouble. And like I said before there is nothing on the Maine title saying it is rebuilt or salvaged only the CARFAX report.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Before you buy look at the title. I would ask the question of USAA. If they finance salvage titles. You don't have to say it's this one. However, as soon as you turn over the title to them (as they hold the title on loans) they will know.

Don't think you'll have a problem if they pre-approved on the vin #. Maybe the title itself isn't salvage. Now that would be great !!!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:11 PM
terrellda

How much confidence should I have in CARFAX verses the Maine Title and Maine DMV. Because I called Maine DMV and they said it was never a salvage vehicle.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Reyes_USN

way I look at it if the frame is undamaged of course checked out by a prof mechanic or collision repair expert, theres no leaks, no forseeable electrical probs then I say grab it! however i'd stash some cash away in case probs occur. What sucks is when you sell it though since you wont be getting much for it
Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Hey it's the DMV that counts on this one. At least, if it is titled clean it will make it easier to resale in the future. Carfax is probably right that the car had major damage. Then again Carfax has been know to be wrong. It was on one of my older cars. They were all messed up. That might hurt your sale a little in the future but, all you have to explain is that it has a clean title and no salvage status. That is what the book is based on.

Now, I would probably use the salvage statement from Carfax to get my price down a bit when I bought the car because it might effect the sale price in the future. Many buyers don't check car fax. If you give them a clean title and it's a nice car that all they care. Not me, but at least 50% don't check.

Looking good !!!

Last edited by Z_Driver; 08-30-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:36 PM
terrellda

I appreciate all of the help I'll be purchasing it tomorrow. USAA has already sent me the contract and paperwork to finalize the purchase.
BTW: I have been driving the car for 3 days now and have not really found anything, with the exception of the airbag light, wrong with the car. Nissan is going to look at it on Friday for a $98 diagnotic fee.

Last edited by terrellda; 08-30-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Good idea.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by terrellda
I appreciate all of the help I'll be purchasing it tomorrow. USAA has already sent me the contract and paperwork to finalize the purchase.
BTW: I have been driving the car for 3 days now and have not really found anything, with the exception of the airbag light, wrong with the car. Nissan is going to look at it on Friday for a $98 diagnotic fee.

USAA, you military ?
Old 08-31-2006, 05:54 AM
Nano

Gave the VIN number to USAA they said I was preapproved for $24,000 on that vehicle with that VIN and can get full coverage for $264 per every six months. Is there a possibility that the car is not salvaged?? Or that it has just been lost in the system? My financial institution should know from the VIN if it was salvaged right?? Getting ready to finace $11,000 at 5.145% with USAA.
One more question is it fraud not to inform USAA of the CARFAX report?? I just don't want to get in trouble. And like I said before there is nothing on the Maine title saying it is rebuilt or salvaged only the CARFAX report.
Carfax is consumer tool, it's for buyers, not for institutions. 11K is a bargain, you had it inspected, the car looks good, the car drives good, it doesn't even have a salaved title from the DMV... for that price it's very acceptable. Even if you buy a MINT used car, nothing guarantees you won't have problems. Go for it

the airbag issue may end up costing you ~ 2K to fix, but it can be fixed easily. Nissan techs know how to diagnose and fix these things. Just make sure everything is there. The airbag module NEEDS to be changed after a deployment, most shops don't know this and don't change it and they can't get the light to clear. This is the most common issue of airbag light not clearing after a deployment.

Last edited by Nano; 08-31-2006 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:18 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome, man; enjoy it! At that price, you can literally drive it like you stole it!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Ichigo

It would make a great project car though, I wouldnt hesitate to try anything with a $11k Z, within reason of course.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:20 AM
terrellda

Originally Posted by Reyes_USN
USAA, you military ?
Yes both me and the seller are in the Marines.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:01 AM
streetracer

As others have said, sounds like a nice car for forced induction.