Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Took my car to service, and got something in return.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:51 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Took my car to service, and got something in return.

Axle clicking returned, so it was fixed today. The fuel filler cutoff valve was acting up again after getting it replaced a few months ago, so that'll be fixed sometime next week.

I picked up my car today and my rear left wheel got curbed badly with a deep 7" long curb rash. I took it back up there and talked to the service guy. He's a cool guy, and was very about it. He told me to bring it back on Monday so his manager could look at it. Apparently they have a body shop that can repair wheels, so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 02-14-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Casanova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Yeh get that $hit fixed man... they put a hole in my interior seats...
i lost it.. they fixed it... its just time consuming and a fkn inconvienience!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Atleast the service guy has some nuts and didn't just try and say "ahh it was already there"

Good luck. If they try and mess you over take em to small claims or atleast threaten it. That is after every other option has been exhausted

You'd be surprised what that can do.

I did that with one of my boots. He had taken his car to get repaired and they didn't realigne everything so there was a gap in between the hood and headlight so I went with him and they were trying to say that was normal so I showed them a pic of a normal one and they were like oh well it will be $$$ or so and I stated actually since this type of work should've been completed as stated in the contract you and my friend signed it should not cost extra.

Well they tried to bs about this and that and I was like well thats fine. Here is my contact info. We will be in touch with small claims tommorow and sort it out there. Suddenly they realized it was there fault. It wasn't worth having to use an attorney, waste their time for something so minor. Plus they would've lost.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Casanova

I own a number of magazine publications... anyone who doesnt pay, or if they complain about something i take em to court and always win hahahahaha... the great work of small print on contracts.. .love it !!!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 PM
DIGItonium

I kept cool about it since the service guy is not an a-hole when I first started bringing it in for service. I know it's not his fault, but I figured it was this kid that just started working there. He was unusually quiet and had guilt written all over him judging by his lack of expression when he looked at my wheel. Why do they let youngsters work in that position? He's a Honda fanboy with iPod headphones tucked in his shirt. The cabin stinks too!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Casanova

^^^ ps... wont say what publications... but a few major international fashion ones :P
Old 09-28-2006, 04:08 PM
savvy

oh my god thats some horrible curb rash
Old 09-28-2006, 04:09 PM
DIGItonium

Hehe... I forgot to add. This is the same service dept. that blew up my dad's Z32 motor. It took almost a year to settle the lawsuit and my dad got alil over $3k out of it. He was supposed to get around $5k, but Nissan's lawyers were very relentless and it could've taken another year or so and my dad would end up losing money even if he won.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:32 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djtonium
Hehe... I forgot to add. This is the same service dept. that blew up my dad's Z32 motor. It took almost a year to settle the lawsuit and my dad got alil over $3k out of it. He was supposed to get around $5k, but Nissan's lawyers were very relentless and it could've taken another year or so and my dad would end up losing money even if he won.
You are much nicer than me. I would tell the service guy that I thought he was great and everything and this is not personal, but unless the wheels are replaced SOON you may have to call the swat team.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Casanova

Originally Posted by fowlman01
You are much nicer than me. I would tell the service guy that I thought he was great and everything and this is not personal, but unless the wheels are replaced SOON you may have to call the swat team.
U can only call swat team for engine repair... they said even though your not liable for any mag Fk ups, they cant negotiate on your part due to interference.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Nucleus

what do you mean "call the swat team"?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by Nucleus
what do you mean "call the swat team"?
I meant the cops.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:50 PM
DIGItonium

I'm not very good at getting angry, and I have a reputation for being too nice ahah. Though I'm 24 going on 25, I try to prevent my blood pressure from going up because of this situation. It is above normal at the moment.

Anyhow, I doubt they're gonna replace it. Performance Nissan sells that rear wheel for roughly $815 and the site says the wheels are discontinued (?!!). Gosh, I bought them for wayy less 2.5 years ago. The service clerk was very upset... he shook his head in anger and said "those f**kers!" I told him how much the wheel cost and it blew him away. The kid standing next to him... no reaction (i.e., poker face).
Old 09-28-2006, 04:55 PM
fowlman01

You are a saint..
Old 09-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

that sucks dude, hopefully they'll take care of you.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Casanova

Originally Posted by djtonium
I'm not very good at getting angry, and I have a reputation for being too nice ahah. Though I'm 24 going on 25, I try to prevent my blood pressure from going up because of this situation. It is above normal at the moment.

Anyhow, I doubt they're gonna replace it. Performance Nissan sells that rear wheel for roughly $815 and the site says the wheels are discontinued (?!!). Gosh, I bought them for wayy less 2.5 years ago. The service clerk was very upset... he shook his head in anger and said "those f**kers!" I told him how much the wheel cost and it blew him away. The kid standing next to him... no reaction (i.e., poker face).
lol poker face... i cant ever do i good poker face... i get 2 Aces... i will start smiling and go all in... *sigh* one day tho... one day
Old 09-28-2006, 05:28 PM
DIGItonium

^ AHaha... if you have the ***** to lure them to put down more chips, I'd wait a bit before going all in.

However, that didn't work for me. I had a single ace. Then paired it up with another Ace. At river one guy beat me with triple queen, but the next guy beat him with triple king. He was out, and I was out :-(
Old 09-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Casanova

lol.... go to www.pokergaming.com.. i am Common Flush... ranked 10th in the world
Old 09-28-2006, 05:36 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, I don't know how I woulda kept my cool on that one. good for you

Quick Reply: Took my car to service, and got something in return.