Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So who's cloth seats are already worn?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 09:14 PM
RANDY350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you only have 700 miles take it back and press the Service manager or get your sales rep behind you. I just purchased a 2002 Infiniti Qx 4 and found 3 interior parts (door panel, seat belt trim, scuff plate) that have a discolored spot and they are replacing them w/ no hassle. I have 1700 miles. From the pictures that is alittle premature wear----I would *****. Go tomarrow, be nice, and say look man, this is my favorite car, i paid 3xxxxx for it and this type of wear should not be occuring. Can you please replace it? (if not call Nissan's customer service dept.) Good luck!
Old 04-10-2003, 10:29 AM
corsair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry my carbon cloth is getting thrashed

I only have 2k miles on my car and the seats are wearing bad. I only weigh 130. Will Nissan's warranty cover this?
Old 04-10-2003, 10:41 AM
corsair

Default mine look like this after 2k miles

and I only weigh 130.
Attached Thumbnails So who's cloth seats are already worn?-p4100009.jpg  
Old 04-10-2003, 10:43 AM
corsair

Default here's one more look

not happy.
Attached Thumbnails So who's cloth seats are already worn?-p4100008.jpg  
Old 04-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Jewelz350

Wow! Your's looks terrible. The service department called Nissan on mine and they basically told them to shave it. They will only warranty the seats if it wears completely through.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:31 AM
DaveL

1,500 miles, and no wear yet.

I like the seats.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:31 AM
nick800

You guys all thought I was crazy when I first posted this, but see!
I only have 1500 miles and my seats show wear. Not to the degree of the above, however. That is out of control.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:57 AM
rahilio

dewd....... that seat looks like a hairy dog ona bad hair day wow i weigh 220 lbs wear jeans everyday and my seats look brand new had the car since november drive it everyday and i got 4,500 miles on it you guys must be dooing something else int he seats besides driving........hmmmmm
Old 04-10-2003, 05:13 PM
ztom

Corsair - your seat looks like it's growing a beard. That's terrible.

Just replaced my cloth with leather at 2000 miles, but there was no wear on them (and I wear Jeans always).

My '91 300ZX has leather seats. That same spot (lower bolster)
wore badly - a spot the size of a coaster, first turned to suede, and now at 60K miles has a slit up the center of the suede (which I suspect will quickly spread). The rest of the interior is like new.

I have been trying to figure out how to design a lower bolster "guard" to protect that area on my new leather seats.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Selski12

Dang, Corsair what have you've been doing to that seat? And you say you're only 130 pounds and only put on 2K miles? Wow. I hope you can get a fix from the dealer. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:38 PM
BROKE

Default Re: my carbon cloth is getting thrashed

Originally posted by corsair
I only have 2k miles on my car and the seats are wearing bad. I only weigh 130. Will Nissan's warranty cover this?
Like you I am very unhappy with the carbon fiber cloth seats. My driver's side seat bolster is wearing as well. But not nearly as bad as yours. My first experience with this problem surfaced after a day long road trip with my son riding in the passenger seat. The next day I noticed fraying "hairs and *****" of the seat material on his seat. We checked the trousers he was wearing when he was sitting in the seat and they had velcro pocket covers. The velcro must have caused the damage. I'll bet that your seat beard is caused by velcro combing every time you get into and out of your seats.

Last edited by BROKE; 04-10-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:20 PM
BROKE

Default Re: Re: my carbon cloth is getting thrashed

Originally posted by BROKE
Like you I am very unhappy with the carbon fiber cloth seats. My driver's side seat bolster is wearing as well. But not nearly as bad as yours. My first experience with this problem surfaced after a day long road trip with my son riding in the passenger seat. The next day I noticed fraying "hairs and *****" of the seat material on his seat. We checked the trousers he was wearing when he was sitting in the seat and they had velcro pocket covers. The velcro must have caused the damage. I'll bet that your seat beard is caused by velcro combing every time you get into and out of your seats.
To continue this thread: (no pun intended)... My driver's seat bolster also grows hairs (and *****) and I have been shaving them with a fabric razor, that I purchased from Target for about $5.00, every time I wash the car. I realize that this is not a long term solution and I plan to pitch a huge ***** with my dealer next week when I take the Z in for the 3750 mile service.

In the long term, I plan to find some kind of seat covers. Anyone have suggestions?

Last edited by BROKE; 04-10-2003 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:35 PM
zeroday

Default Re: Re: Re: my carbon cloth is getting thrashed

To continue this thread: (no pun intended)... My driver's seat bolster also grows hairs (and *****) and I have been shaving them with a fabric razor, that I purchased from Target for about $5.00, every time I wash the car. I realize that this is not a long term solution and I plan to pitch a huge ***** with my dealer next week when I take the Z in for the 3750 mile service.

In the long term, I plan to find some kind of seat covers. Anyone have suggestions?
uh...your seat is growing hairs and *****...which you now shave?? Maybe your Z is going through puberty
Old 04-10-2003, 07:43 PM
BROKE

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: my carbon cloth is getting thrashed

Originally posted by zeroday
uh...your seat is growing hairs and *****...which you now shave?? Maybe your Z is going through puberty
Yes, the Z is maturing.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:22 PM
ATC Ken

Gotta say I'm getting a bit of the "bolster burn" also on the cloth seats of my performance model. I've been thinking about upgrading to leather also. Anyone ripped out the stock cloth seats and "pumped" in the leather?

Ken
Old 04-10-2003, 11:27 PM
fdao

Default Re: Re: Re: my carbon cloth is getting thrashed

Broke,

Check www.wetokole.com . My contact said that they now have a pattern for the Z. WetOkole specializes in neoprene seat covers. It's similar to wetsuit material. You can custom order in the colors of your choice for the inserts and sidebolsters. For a little more, you can also add the 350Z logo.

I am planning to custom order mine this weekend at a local dealer here.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:58 AM
corsair

Default velcro evil velcro

After reading Broke's post, I'll have to agree on the velcro issue. I wear jeans just about everyday and most of them are the type which have velcro pockets in the back. It just makes sense that this would be intensfying the wear.

Initially I was going to get leather because I have it in my other vehicles, but I really liked the design and look of the carbon cloth seats so I thought I would give it a shot.

As to the other posts about "properly entering and exiting your 350Z", well that is great and all but if I have to go to that extent just to get in and out of the car...forget it. I'll be replacing the seats if the wear continues.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:42 AM
spf4000

Jeez, that picture looks like you took a slicker brush and groomed the hell out of your seat. btw, what kind of jeans has velcro on the back? I've been wearing jeans all my life and never encountered any with velcro on them.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:10 AM
OP Z

How hard is it to switch the driver and pasenger seat covers? I might try this if my drivers seat continues to deteriorate.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:24 AM
WayneTN

Originally posted by OP Z
How hard is it to switch the driver and pasenger seat covers? I might try this if my drivers seat continues to deteriorate.
Can't do it. The seats are different.

WayneTN

Quick Reply: So who's cloth seats are already worn?