Old 10-13-2006, 05:20 AM
MasterRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAC350Z
You think AAM will have a huge sale on spacers before they close?.....lol
ummmmmmmmm watch out as AAM doesn't tell you that
there 10 - 15 hp claim is a Pile o POOO for the 2006 Z. I
learned the hardway, yet they still advertise on there website
the big claim of 10 - 15 hp and mention nothing that the 06' have little to gain from this mod. I ran into a posting by Mike from AAM on here stating that there Dyno's show a moderate gain of 4 to 8hp on the 06 Z, wtf?
Old 10-13-2006, 05:28 AM
turbogsr10

I was in Englishtown a couple weeks ago for NHRA. I was next to the Street Trenz booth, and a guy (didn't get his name) came up to me from their booth wearing a Street Trenz shirt and handed me an AAM flyer. He told me he worked there. And he was driving the orange Z later that day. So I would assume it's him, or someone else that works at AAM. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but this is looking pretty shady.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:49 AM
PumpedVA

I am going to add "BOOM" goes for me to.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:58 AM
BobbyRitz

I felt bad for you when I first heard that your engine blew.

Wasn't your issue related to AAM not tuning your FCON Pro above 7,000RPM after they raised your redline?
Old 10-13-2006, 06:04 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
I felt bad for you when I first heard that your engine blew.

Wasn't your issue related to AAM not tuning your FCON Pro above 7,000RPM after they raised your redline?
well bro I look at it like this. after I got my car back from having JWT cams installed (that I got charged extra 10 hours 30 total" because they said when (when we quoted you we didnt remember you had a SC) OK what ever! Got the car back and while shifting hard noticed I had no rev limiter set. I keep over taching and hit 8k a few times so bam there went my ring lands. when my motor was pulled CP said I was missing a lot of bolts like bell housing ect. THis is just a small part of my story

I still say my rev limiter wasnt set but its a witch hunt I gave up on long ago.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:11 AM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
well bro I look at it like this. after I got my car back from having JWT cams installed (that I got charged extra 10 hours 30 total" because they said when (when we quoted you we didnt remember you had a SC) OK what ever! Got the car back and while shifting hard noticed I had no rev limiter set. I keep over taching and hit 8k a few times so bam there went my ring lands. when my motor was pulled CP said I was missing a lot of bolts like bell housing ect. THis is just a small part of my story

I still say my rev limiter wasnt set but its a witch hunt I gave up on long ago.
This is quite often the story of folks who have paid thousands of dollars to AAM. 30 hours for cams???? I wonder what other shops charge for this kind of work.

They didn't set the rev limiter???? Unforgivable under any circumstances. Regardless of their weak disclaimer, you could have sued them for negligence.

Missing bolts...bad installs...overcharging...bad tunes...this is what I'm hearing thus far.

Still waiting for the positive stories. And I'm not talking about folks who had spacers or exhaust installed. Even though we haven't heard from them either.

I'm sure you have additional stories even more compelling then mine...

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-13-2006 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:17 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it sure dosent look like any positive remarks about aam are out there.so far all has been negative and with a lot of booming going on.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:21 AM
BobbyRitz

Here is a quote from AAM's website regarding your car Toby...

Mike Mahaffey of Altered Atmosphere dyno tuned Toby’s HKS F-Con Pro stand-alone engine management system. Without difficulty Mike crunched out a refined 350whp on our in-house DynoJet with the new setup. On average the HKS Supercharger kit makes 280 to 300whp on a manual transmission. Toby came to the shop originally making 260whp due to driveline loss from the automatic transmission – now with a whooping 350whp Toby’s car is another great example of what is possible when a 350Z meets the AAM Crew!
I find this blurb entertaining...funny though...it doesn't discuss a blown motor. I guess it must have been the other shops you worked with Toby.

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-13-2006 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:32 AM
PumpedVA

Here is a quote from AAM's website regarding your car Toby...

It should say, "Without difficulty, Mike forgot to set the rev limiter. This resulted in catastrophic engine failure like no other 350z shop is capable of producing. Toby's car is another great example of the complete and utter failure that is possible when a 350Z meets the AAM Crew!"
Well I wouldnt say ""Without difficulty, Mike forgot to set the rev limiter" because I have no way to prove it was the main cause for my motor to blow
Old 10-13-2006, 06:36 AM
BobbyRitz

Fair enough...I'll change it...it was at least entertaining...
Old 10-13-2006, 06:41 AM
PumpedVA

Fair enough...I'll change it...it was at least entertaining...
Very much so
Old 10-13-2006, 07:02 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'd think in a capitalist society these shops would go the way of the do-do bird. It seems the only thing AAM excels at is hiding their negligence, overcharging, and blablabla ... the list could go on.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:05 AM
BobbyRitz

I think people in the mid-a look at their location compared to say, a Forged Performance, and take a chance on AAM. Despite my better judgement, that was my thinking.

Never again. If I do anything major to my car, the only shop that'll see it will be Forged Performance.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Driven1
Professional

Guys, there are other shops in our general area that do great work. I've heard great things about Forged and their relaions with everyone on this forum seems to be TOP NOTCH, which speaks tons for what they stand for and what they do.

But there is another local guy who is considered to be one of the best tuners on the East Coast and he owns a little shop in Fredrick called MSP-Motorsports and Performance. Its actually 2 brothers named Kris and Paul Efantis. I've mentioned them before and Yes, they do charge good money for their work, but you're paying for experienced tuner's who have been doing it successfully for years and have shown it by their results on the NOPI circuit.

They're mainly known for their Supra's but they have been doing quite a few Z's znd G's lately. The last I talked to Kris they had a G in their shop putting down almost 600hp.

Thats just my opinion.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:53 AM
BobbyRitz

Thanks Driven...I assume they can tune all of the various engine management systems that we have. Do they have an HKS key? And do they build?

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-13-2006 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Driven1
Professional

They do build motors, just not in house. If you want your motor built, they send it to the same guy who builds ALL their race-blocks for their Supra's and Solara and has it back within a really reasonable time. But as far as HKS goes Im not sure. They get the best deals on TN and are expecting a pre-release set-up of the new TN kit for trials and testing. TN is one of their main sponsors but I can check on the HKS for you guys though.

Believe me when I say they know what they are doing. You will see them on pinks quite a bit and they are consistantly working on cars for SEMA and other "specialty" events.

As far as tuning goes... I have personally seen customers from Maine to Florida and even a little out west drive hours on end with their cars in trailers to have "Paul" tune their cars. Granted, many of these guys have full-blown race set-ups ranging anywhere from full Alchohol to pump gas. I have also, seen him tune EVO's, Z's, G's, Subaru's, Corvette's, etc. etc. etc. He's definitely the most knowledgable person I have met.

And you guys wanted to know why I put down good N/A #'s. lol I guess my secrets out.

Im just going to warn you though, they like LOW ET's! lol

Last edited by Driven1; 10-13-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Vader007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car V2 in DE is another good shop!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:29 AM
chimmike

Paul Efantis runs in the NHRA drag circuit IIRC.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by chimmike
Paul Efantis runs in the NHRA drag circuit IIRC.

As far as I know his main circuit is the NOPI X-Box circuit. Thats where he runs the Lucas Oil cars he and his brother built and have ran for a couple years now.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

MSP in Frederick ( Kris and Paul Efantis )

This is where i go for all my Dyno Time. These guys are great. I mostly deal with Kris but Paul is just as friendly. Last time i was down there, i helped push the car out of the garage that they were running in the show Pinks. They Took the engine out of their Supra and put in this Solaria.

Going to be heading back down to these guys in a week or 2 to get some more dyno time in.

Later
Aceman

Quick Reply: What i think of AAM!!!!!!